Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pimphand.jpg
BF.Jpg
images.jpeg
Powers.jpg
photo-2.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Ok guys just unboxed my LE & right near the pop bumpers just above the mini tron arcade unit there is a metal post that looks like it needs a mini post rubber. Just to the left of the lower middle pop bumper.

Any of you that have got your have a rubber there or is it just a metal post also?

#2 12 years ago

Once you get your question answered and get some game time in, I hope you'll share your impressions of the game with us.

I'm still hanging off the cliff by a fingernail, about ready to take the plunge on one. Just need to have some more positive feedback on it before doing so.

#3 12 years ago

Mine has a 3/16 rubber ring. The one to te left of the lowest pop bumper?

I just installed white rubbers last night,plays alot faster.add LEDs and yellow colored bulbs to the gi to.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm still hanging off the cliff by a fingernail, about ready to take the plunge on one. Just need to have some more positive feedback on it before doing so. []

Go for it JarJar

#6 12 years ago

Excuse my ignorance, why would "white rubbers" make it play faster...thx

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

why would "white rubbers" make it play faster

The composite is different in the white rubber and it has more "pop". Black rubber is generally used on routed games because it does not show dirt as easy but most owners choose to switch to white.

#11 12 years ago

This is the post i'm talking about

photo-2.jpgphoto-2.jpg

#12 12 years ago

Smassa, that looks like a typical minor problem from a NIB Stern....I had several little issues like that with my LOTR LE....rubber goes on that!

How do you like it so far?

Thx Silverballer, guess I'll switch out mine too!

#13 12 years ago

I like it quite a bit....the rubber thing is no big deal but apparently my light tubes arent configured correctly. The right ramp in the test mode isnt lighting up the correct color. So when the ramps light up they arent the same color. Minor issue I guess but something that will be in the back of my head. Looks like another call to stern tech support tommorrow. Hopefully it isnt that major of an issue.

#14 12 years ago

yup,
the factory missed that one..

#15 12 years ago

Smassa yes your missing a rubber.

#16 12 years ago

The rubber is one thing.....the light tube issue would piss me off....that is aggravating

#17 12 years ago

Not only that but it appears there is a switch issue somewhere....During play sometimes I keep getting scores for doing nothing.....Then I get 3 balls in the arcade scoop & they just sit there while I keep getting these random scores. I hope these issues are pretty easy to fix or i've just bought my last Stern.

#18 12 years ago

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with your new pin. It would be nice to think that it is a software problem, but it sounds more like wiring issues.

I'm basing this on the assumption that you got the same software revision that tatman and coaster got and since their machines work fine it points to something else.

Hopefully they can get this taken care of quickly for you.

#19 12 years ago

I have been playing my like nuts! Over two hours tonight. I only have one small issue and that is one of my rubbers keeps coming undone. Not a huge issue but, I have to order some rubbers.
So far so good. No issues.

I gotta say. It may not be the most packed field but it is certainly a blast to play. Maybe it's cuz I dig the theme and the music but it really is fun. Overall quality still needs a little work but, it's not bad.

#21 12 years ago

Glad you are loving the play!...but is it too much to expect the overall quality to be really good when you pop an LE out of the box for that kind of money.....

I guarantee you that I don't expect to and better not be saying that about WOZ....

#22 12 years ago

I agree completely. It is what it is. I have no buyers remorse about the game. I just wished Stern would pick up the quality control a bit. It seems a bit lost right now. I imagine someday I will only have JJ titles in this room.

#23 12 years ago

Just got done playing more & am really disappointed with a lot of these issues. Scoring disc hits when I hit random targets or nothing at all just holding the ball on my flipper. Ive checked the opto switch & it seems to be working fine.

Part of me almost wants to just say send me another unit & come take this one away.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Part of me almost wants to just say send me another unit & come take this one away.

If they care about keeping you happy, this is exactly what they will do.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think that that would be your best bet. You shouldn't have to deal with that kind of BS from a NIB.

#26 12 years ago

I would throw a fit to them. They may listen. Living here I would drive it back there and cause a stir.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I would throw a fit to them. They may listen. Living here I would drive it back there and cause a stir.

Well I'd like to give them the chance to make it right but not sure how much can be resolved over the phone.

#28 12 years ago

Sorry to hear re issues.

Loving what I am hearing about Tron.

Did not buy one as Stern quality is an issue.......

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That's what I would do in your situation. You have every right to tell Stern to pick up their messed up NIB machine and provide you with a new one.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Did not buy one as Stern quality is an issue.......

I would write this on Stern's Facebook page as they seem to react to comments like this quickly and it's viewed by many.

#31 12 years ago

So far they have been quick to respone to my emails. Once I get home I'll try what they told me to look at in order to fix the problems.

#33 12 years ago

if you call Stern, ask for Patrick Powers, coolest guy in the factory!

#35 12 years ago

Not Really Sure of that! that would make him the opposite of Kenny!

#36 12 years ago

Hey Dude, I see you also have Spiderman, do you know of another website for Spiderman Mods besides Backalley Creations? his mods are cool, but I honestly don't like them. what do you have?

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Hey Dude, I see you also have spiderman, do you know of another website for spiderman Mods besides Backalley Creations? his mods are cool, but I honestly don't like them. what do you have?

I will PM you since this is a Tron thread just check your pinside mail in a few minutes.

#38 12 years ago

You'd think Stern would want to trade for the pin back so they can make the customer happy and also figure out what happened so they can improve production line quality.

#39 12 years ago

Stern is having a tech come out on Saturday to work on the issues. I don't think they wanna go the replacement route since others are having issues too. Imagine how many people would be screaming for a replacement if they found out they replaced mine right away.

I will be expecting a replacement though if the tech guy doesn't get it fixed sat night.

#40 12 years ago

Smassa, check out this post on rgp:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/23d6375262b6479e/f33b13fcbafcf85c?lnk=gst&q=tron#f33b13fcbafcf85c.
Seems like there is some sort of induction problem with one of the wires bundled in one of the wiring harnesses. Apparently isolating this wire and physically separating it from the bundle fixes some of these weird problems. Could be worth a try to get up and running before the tech comes out on the weekend...good luck!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Smassa, check out this post on rgp:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/23d6375262b6479e/f33b13fcbafcf85c?lnk=gst&q=tron#f33b13fcbafcf85c.
Seems like there is some sort of induction problem with one of the wires bundled in one of the wiring harnesses. Apparently isolating this wire and physically separating it from the bundle fixes some of these weird problems. Could be worth a try to get up and running before the tech comes out on the weekend...good luck!

Ya ive talked to Patrick at Stern Tech support & he knows about the issue with the LED's. The main issues is the switch in the Disc & my right ramp optic tube not working correctly but we will also take a look at the LED wires.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have been playing my like nuts!

Pretty much sums up my feelings there coast (without the "my" of course... Sick em' Cliffy!!! )!
Dare I say it...
Most solid feeling Stern TO DATE!?!?
I think everything will work out on yours smassa...
Don't worry future purchasers, I am still running the 1.1 code- AND it still rocks!
Over 100 plays so far this week!!!
I just can't wait to play it when I get home.
Luckily my wife feels the same way I do! (Dodged a pin-bullet there!)
Good luck smassa!
Share with us the outcome of your visit...
I will try and rustle up some LED's in the meantime for the next week!
Man, I hate the stock Stern plunger!
Totally uninspired...
This should be a fun one to mod!

#43 12 years ago

Hi all,

I'm a newbie pinball owner and my first machine is a Tron LE (#292). I'm experiencing the problem with the Recognizer not moving to the left. I tried to lift the playfield in order to loosen the screws on the motor to fix this, but I can't seem to lift up the playfield. I've removed the lockbar and the glass, but it seems to be catching somewhere. I try to lift up on the apron and I'm basically lifting up the whole machine. Any idea what this stupid newbie is doing wrong?

Thanks,
Blair

#44 12 years ago

Hi all. My friend John just got his yesterday and he's been playing the hell out of it. So far so good. I'll tell him about some of these problems so he'll keep an eye out. He LOVES the machine and said now it's his all time favorite!

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

if you call Stern, ask for Patrick Powers, coolest guy in the factory!

yes,
patrick is a guy that is 'on point'. he is very responsive and seems to care about sterns product. i've dealt with him as well

#46 12 years ago

I am still waiting on my LE. It actually arrived destroyed on the truck lasy Monday... but my Distributor is sending me a replacement soon. *Sigh*

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I am still waiting on my LE. It actually arrived destroyed on the truck lasy Monday... but my Distributor is sending me a replacement soon. *Sigh*

Oh no! You were the guy who had the pictures on RGP? I feel for ya man.

#48 12 years ago

that sucks ,I saw the pics to on RGP.

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from bw1138:

I try to lift up on the apron and I'm basically lifting up the whole machine. Any idea what this stupid newbie is doing wrong?

Thanks,

Same here man, and this ain't my only pin. Anyone else know the solution here? I'm sure it's something silly...

Buck

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Holy crap! So did you refuse delivery when it showed up?

I'm curious, because I've got one on the way next week and want to be prepared for any and every possibility since this is my first NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.