(Topic ID: 18146)

Tron Is Done

By HoneyBadger

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 11 years ago

Gents,

Just because a license runs out does not mean that a license cannot be renewed. It's like how people were theorizing that they couldn't make any more Trons because the translite was impossible to make -- they made it once, they could again.

The question, of course, is - is there enough of a return to remake Tron?

The collector's market is one thing, and even though it has a pretty good following here, how close to saturated is the collector's market, really? I wouldn't see many ops lining up to get one for an old property that Disney may or may not ever do another movie for, so it's *just* the collectors market. In the past, that has been enough to get another run (LOTR LE), but in that case you had an extremely active seller who was willing to sell the entire run himself - Jack. Without Jack, would another distributor step up to the plate?

We'll see. If Tron is truly commanding $6500+ next summer for HUO machines, I would be really surprised if Stern doesn't find a way to re-run some more.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

If they could have made more it would have happened while demand was high.

Actually, demand for machines goes up as time passes, generally. Logic follows that they might make more... when demand gets high enough.

Maybe a dozen people buying them for $200 more than their last price isn't enough, but maybe $5500 HUO Pro models will be. Again - LOTR LE. Demand didn't go up enough to make that a reality until the standard runs of LOTR were LONG over.

1 month later
    #75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't really buy the decal version being worth more...there seems to be mixed opinion.

If I had a choice between screened or decals, I would pick screened every single time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-is-done?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.