(Topic ID: 18433)

Tron: How to connect 2 mods into one connector?

By NJGecko

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by asnatlas
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The_PIG.jpg

#1 11 years ago

This has got to be a silly question, but I suppose the only silly question is the one not asked...

Anyway, I have my Tron Pro and installed the mini arcade cabinet (EXCELLENT!).
I was also in the process of installing the shaker motor. That went very well until I ran the cable up to the backbox and, what do we have here, it looks like it's supposed to plug into the connector that the mini arcade is using!

So...either I am missing something with where that cable is supposed to go, or is there a splitter or some other recommended method?

#2 11 years ago

Splitter

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1802&parent=0

Btw, no such thing as a silly question! My daughter loves the mini arcade mod.

#3 11 years ago

Thank you kindly!

#4 11 years ago

I would also imagine that you could hook one up to the connector in the head and the other to the connector on the front right of the cab above the service outlet??

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I would also imagine that you could hook one up to the connector in the head and the other to the connector on the front right of the cab above the service outlet??

He's gotta save the head outlet for the recognizer mod! but yes he could do that. And then still need a splitter for Flynn sign -- where does it end?

#6 11 years ago

The real question is, how many times can you tap into the 12V supply provided by Stern before you put too much of a drain on the system.

I don't have what's needed to measure the amount of current that each mod draws.

Anyone else?

#7 11 years ago

Another option is a device called "The PIG". It was created by DK Pinball specifically for the purpose of tying multiple mods into a game's GI ...

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=181

The_PIG.jpgThe_PIG.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I would use the splitter or the "PIG".

#9 11 years ago

Pig looks cool. Looks like it's not for sale yet though. Also wonder what it will cost.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Pig looks cool. Looks like it's not for sale yet though. Also wonder what it will cost.

I'm pretty sure it was for sale at one point, as I'm almost positive coasterguy bought one.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure it was for sale at one point, as I'm almost positive coasterguy bought one.

Prototypes are floating around, and I think if you email him you can get a pre-order price.

#12 11 years ago

Kim @ http://www.kimballspinballs.com/ who does the recognizer mod will do multiple splitters at a small fee when you order his mod. Then you can plug most mods right into the splitters.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Kim @ http://www.kimballspinballs.com/ who does the recognizer mod will do multiple splitters at a small fee when you order his mod. Then you can plug most mods right into the splitters.

+1 for Kim, he made me a 1-4 splitter to get all my mods going on Tron.
Recognizer/Flynn Sign/Light Cycles/EL Wire mod for Ramps
I use the back box connection for the Arcade mod.

Kevin

#14 11 years ago

You should be able to hook up the Tron arcade and the shaker without a splitter. I have both hooked up with no splitter. But anything past that you will need a PIG / splitter I have a PIG coming with my Flynn sign, so I should be covered

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

+1 for Kim, he made me a 1-4 splitter to get all my mods going on Tron.
Recognizer/Flynn Sign/Light Cycles/EL Wire mod for Ramps
I use the back box connection for the Arcade mod.

Kevin

+1 for Kim - he did a 1 - 5 splitter for me

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

+1 for Kim - he did a 1 - 5 splitter for me

Ha... Kim Keist made me a 1:8 splitter for TZ. The LED mods and toys don't draw that much current. It was the only way to plug in the motorized Invader topper w/ separate LED light strip, orange EL wire for the 3 ramps, color changing flipper buttons, EL panel for player/ instruction cards, LED strip under cab, CT backglass door fade kit, and 30 LED light bar for the Plexi transparent backboard.

Quoted from Shadow:

He's gotta save the head outlet for the recognizer mod! but yes he could do that. And then still need a splitter for Flynn sign -- where does it end?

IT NEVER ENDS!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Ha... Kim Keist made me a 1:8 splitter for TZ. The LED mods and toys don't draw that much current. It was the only way to plug in the motorized Invader topper w/ separate LED light strip, orange EL wire for the 3 ramps, color changing flipper buttons, EL panel for player/ instruction cards, LED strip under cab, and 30 LED light bar for the Plexi transparent backboard.

IT NEVER ENDS!

Not to derail the thread, but do you have any pics of these? I saw pics of your game out in the light and turned off, but not turned on with all these neat lighting mods.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Not to derail the thread, but do you have any pics of these? I saw pics of your game out in the light and turned off, but not turned on with all these neat lighting mods.

I am installing the color changing flipper buttons tonight and I placed the EL wire myself after getting the pin. Kim premeasured everything and sent me an EL ramp kit with a sound actived driver.

This is the vid that Allen did before shipping the game in May.

I will post a vid with the game play sometime in the near future.

#19 11 years ago

The shaker does not take power from the back box. If you've run into this problem then you did something wrong.

#20 11 years ago

On my TRON PRO, the shaker connected right up to an avail connector in the front left of the cabinet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-how-to-connect-2-mods-into-one-connector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.