(Topic ID: 164459)

Tron- Has anyone tried silicone rubber rings?

By Shredso

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150820_221934058_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

My NIB Tron has been sad lately, it's gotten probably thousands of plays since I bought it, flippers are weak and I think it's time for new rubber. I've been on the fence about white vs black and read lot's of posts arguing between the 2. I typically go all white all the time, but I like the way Tron plays with black. I love the Titan Competition silicone flipper rubber, I'm considering that as a 3rd option. Has anyone done this? I'd love to see pics of color selection and feedback on how it plays.

#2 7 years ago

i have from and love them i got orange on mine and titan rings too

#3 7 years ago

Here's some quick pics of my TRON w Titan orange and blue flippers and clear rings ( yes, a little dirty on one...oh well)...highly recommend....great action on the flips w just the right amount of " bounce vs grip" for cradling, etc.

Disclaimer- If they raise your score, I claim foul and you must remove them immediately....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

I've been using the Titans on the flippers for awhile. I really like them. I was more concerned with how much they change the feel of the game on the rest of the rubber.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

flippers are weak and I think it's time for new rubber.

I'd recommend a flipper rebuild if the flippers are weak. I used blue superbands on my game and I really liked it. It's definitely a different 'feel' of play (different deflection pattern; you will get a smoother/faster roll off the flipper, but a deader flipper bounce/catch).

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I'd recommend a flipper rebuild if the flippers are weak. I used blue superbands on my game and I really liked it. It's definitely a different 'feel' of play (different deflection pattern; you will get a smoother/faster roll off the flipper, but a deader flipper bounce/catch).

Definitely rebuilding the flippers and giving it a good deep clean and wax. I might finally add the lit scoop mod I've been thinking about for a year and wire my light cycles properly.

Maybe I should have been more specific. I use and really like the Titan flipper rubber. I think they are a huge improvement over Superbands. I'm wondering how the rest of the rubber effects gameplay. Is it bouncy like white rubber?

#7 7 years ago

I have all clear Titan on my LE. I didn't notice any real difference.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Definitely rebuilding the flippers and giving it a good deep clean and wax. I might finally add the lit scoop mod I've been thinking about for a year and wire my light cycles properly.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I use and really like the Titan flipper rubber. I think they are a huge improvement over Superbands. I'm wondering how the rest of the rubber effects gameplay. Is it bouncy like white rubber?

I am using Titan clears and agree with everyone here especially mk6pin very similar to white but in my opinion better and definitely more durable , go for a kit on titans page you won't regret! I've since shelved all my whites. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9 7 years ago

Do it. Go clear because they rule!

IMG_20150820_221934058_(resized).jpgIMG_20150820_221934058_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Okay...dammit...I have to clean my playfield and rubbers tonight...you guys making me looking bad....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-has-anyone-tried-silicone-rubber-rings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.