• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cliffy.jpg
images.jpeg

#1 12 years ago

How far have you gotten? Sea of Simulation is pretty darn cool with less sounds and just the beat. I have reached that several times. I have come so close to DAFT PUNK (LE) but have yet to start it. I have been off by one ramp on several occasions. It keeps me coming back though.

#2 12 years ago

Gameplay seems good. Still getting used to it but early results I'm still liking IM better. Once I get a few issues taken care of maybe it changes

#3 12 years ago

I never was into IM much. I don't know why really. It's a good game I guess that's were it comes down to preference.

#4 12 years ago

Both play incredibly fast. I think the sound effects are what does it for me with IM. But who knows I don't have alot of time on Tron yet. IM to me has best sound effects of any game ever made.

#5 12 years ago

Yeah, I made it to Sea of Simulation a couple times. My current strat is to go for light cycle then work on quorra, then maybe disc.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Yeah, I made it to Sea of Simulation a couple times. My current strat is to go for light cycle then work on quorra, then maybe disc.

Do you know of any that have it on route locally jonnyo?

#7 12 years ago

I like the speed and flow minus it having basically useless and annoying pump bumpers.
It'd rather it be like No Fear and have None!

#8 12 years ago

I was just playing TRON last night. What a game! I think it's about time that some of the Stern haters swallow their pride and give some credit where it's due. One of the best they have ever made.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I like the speed and flow minus it having basically useless and annoying pump bumpers ...

I agree. The pop bumpers do seem to completely ruin the flow of the left orbit shot.

#10 12 years ago

I'm jealous I want to play it....and I have only played Iron Man a few times although I really liked it.
I think most really fast games benefit from some elements to slow them down. JM has its hand and matrix, TOM has its trunk, Getaway has the supercharger. I guess the bumpers may do a similar job. I can't wait to try Tron myself.

#11 12 years ago

I actually like the pop bumpers being there, it makes for a challenging right orbit shot. For flow, it's not the typical game. Most flow seems to be left ramp, quora, upper flipper to right ramp, then try to get that tight right orbit. I like how it doesn't feel typical and makes a heck of a challenge.

I got to Portal once but had no idea what was going on as it was so hectic. Getting there was a blast though. that Sea of Simulation bonus is huge and I like how it adds up like a ladder!

Daft Punk multiball was cool as well. I only got it once

#12 12 years ago

I see the pop bumpers differently I guess. To me, it's like they wanted it to feel like when the cycles crash in the movie. It blasts around the corner and "BAM"! into the bumper. I wonder if that is what they meant by the design. If so, It worked! I actually like that. I also like that the ball does not hang out in the bumpers forever.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

i go for the disc recognizer multi ball mode first, this was you can stack up the light cycle as well as quorra multi ball modes while in this disc multi ball mode. as far as furthest gameplay, i've only made it to clu in the sea mode. if you don't get gem mode before you start the sea of simulation going..your basically f'd i think. that damn gem shot is the toughest in the game. i think that the wizard mode is what keeps me playing this game, because it's so hard to achieve.

personal best score is 67 mil or so, factory settings, pro model. i'd say that's not too bad considering i haven't gotten to the portal yet.

interested in other pinsiders high scores?

#14 12 years ago

60 mil here too. factory settings. made it to the Sea a few times thus far. Still not made DAFT PUNK.

#15 12 years ago

The pop bumpers do seem to completely ruin the flow of the left orbit shot.

I actually really like that aspect of the game.
It adds that "WTF-is-it-going-to-do" danger element!
Just like the recognizer disc- it keeps you on your toes.
Multiball play- other than lightcycle, is much harder to keep contained I think.
So far I have over 100 games on it...
That is mostly why you guys haven't seen me on here at all this week!
Damn pinball! Getting in the way of Pinside forum banter...
82 mil is my best game so far (Always factory...). The only thing that shot me up that fast was keeping the multiball in play for as long as possible... I was waaay too scared to look up to see what the DMD was doing!!!
The rest of the scores seem to range from 8 mil to 25 mil and that is usually all I can get!
TRON is a harsh mistress...
She taketh more than she giveth!

I am in awe of the speed of this pin!
It seems to have more clear on the PF than previous offerings too...
Hmmm.

I will review in greater detail after I get 300 games in! (Which won't take long!)

"Solid and fast" are the two words I would use to describe my TRON LE... (For now at least!)
I am sure with the newer/later codes and future modding to come- TRON will cement itself onto the top 20 list...
If it doesn't...
I will eat my identity disc!

images.jpegimages.jpeg
NOM!

See you on the grid!
NP

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

TRON will cement itself onto the top 20 list...

yup. i foresee this

#17 12 years ago

Don't forget to use protection!

I put some Cliffy switch slot protectors on both sides as the ramps do drop directly onto the upper part of the switch slots.

cliffy.jpgcliffy.jpg

#18 12 years ago

I FINALLY got Daft Punk multiball. I know it took me long enough.
The game goes pretty dark with just the ramps in a faint white. Daft Punk appear on the dmd mixing the tunes. I think it was the track "Derezzed" playing. I thought it said all targets 11,000. It was pretty cool. I like sea of simulation the best though I have only gotten too it 4 times now. I always drain soon into it. Great game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 26.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,028 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-gameplay-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.