Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jayhawkai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Pinbits ramp mod is suddenly not working. I'm not sure how to go about testing it at all. I'm not sure in the menu diagnostics what I can go into to check or force it to light up. I am getting not light at all suddenly and I'm not aware of any changes other than putting in some new playfield bulbs (machine wasn't on and the bulbs aren't close to the 2 blue modules under the playfield)..... Help!!

#2 9 years ago

first question..did you install it, or buy the game with it already in?

#3 9 years ago

I purchased it with the ramps already in and fully working

#4 9 years ago

so maybe some ideas for checking where its all connected. Not sure if you've dived in and had a look where it's installed, or if you're already all over the preliminary "is it connected?" type issues. open the backbox and check first that the purple power-on led is on. Do you know where the board is? Its top right on the data bus from the cpu to the driver board. Then at least you know there is power to the board. then chaeck all the connections from the board down to the led drivers. Sorry if you've already done this..always hard to tell how much anyone already knows about the issue from a quick post.

#5 9 years ago

I know in the past this has happened to people and reflashing the software fixed it.

#6 9 years ago

I did check the connections from start to stop and I couldn't see anything that was loose..
how does one flash the firmware?

#7 9 years ago

Sounds really serious...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Sounds really serious...

??????

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I did check the connections from start to stop and I couldn't see anything that was loose..
how does one flash the firmware?

go to the pinbits website and download the software then hook up the board with usb and reinstall it. this has indeed fixed the issue for others

http://www.pinbits.com/download/TRON_9-13.zip

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Sounds really serious...

Pay no attention to him. He's just the resident Tron troll.

#11 9 years ago

Well I uploaded software from Pinbits...nothing worked... I couldn't even get the game to boot up. All of the GI bulbs come on and no DMD display.... No loose connections, nothing.

Went to check continuity on the main board and the F11 fuse (4amp) was out... replaced and now everything seems to be working again... not sure what the deal was... but these machines can drive a man up a wall. I think I spend more time fixing on them and modding them than actually playing them.

Should the F11 fuse be a 4amp slow or fast acting? I only had slow acting fuses on hand which look to be the same but there are no markings on the original fuses to note the difference....

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Well I uploaded software from Pinbits... now nothing works.... I can't even get the game to boot up. All of the GI bulbs come on and no DMD display.... now things are worse. No loose connections, nothing.
I'm done... I'm selling all of my pinballs as I'm sick of fixing shit left and right. Half the time I spend more time fixing than playing...
If anyone is interested in a 300 pound Tron paperweight please contact me. I live in Minnesota. You will have to find your own damn movers though as I'm done lugging these stupid machines around.

Have a cheech and a chooch and check the fuses in the morning.

#13 9 years ago

F11 is a 4 amp SB fuse.
All the fuses are SB fuses.
Always shut the game off before doing any work, if you need the power on with the PF up shut the game off, lift the PF then turn it back on.

PDF manual is here.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/tron/tron/431/Tron%20Manual.pdf

Scroll to 46 for your fuse chart.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Pay no attention to him.

Must be boring in Kansas huh? Explains your posts perfectly.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Must be boring in Kansas huh? Explains your posts perfectly.

That's rich considering how much time you spend complaining that Tron Pro lacks the LE's features.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-eli-ramps-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.