• Latest reply 6 years ago by jardine
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B4C472A7-55E5-4B36-89BB-9F9857904C7F (resized).jpeg
DCFDA121-2C25-48E5-94A0-6072C734E987 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jardine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Not getting much love in the Tron thread so thought I’d try here.

Can anyone help me with my Tron disc?!?

I am having an issue where shots around the playfield are activating as "hits" but not hits to the target but the disc!

This happens when the 3 bank is up and when it's down!

Quite annoying as, as an example, when trying to restart multiball all that needs to happen is a hit to the sling or up in the pops and bam! We are away.

Cheers guys.

#3 6 years ago

Will try that! Had a look at the optos as best as I could as I have wires, mods and stuff holding in ramps and plastics but they looked new, no issues! I have a can of air so will give it a once over.

Can the optos be that sensitive that they trigger the hit even though the ball is elsewhere? I always thought optos were only triggered when the ball broke the beam of light as it passes through it??

#5 6 years ago

Ok...air blown....same issue still?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What if some dust is near them and vibrations are causing that dust to cross the sensor?
Also. Put the game in switch test while doing all this so you can see when the disc registers and when it doesn’t. Helps diagnose what’s causing it.

As for the switch test...sorry to be a noob but can you dumb it down for me? What do I need to do and look for?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take glass off. Coin door open. Game in attract mode. Pressed the black menu button inside the coin door.
Then use the flippers to navigate the menus and start button to select what you want. There should be a diagnostic section and within that is the switch test.
This test will allow you to go around the game and activate switches and the game will tell you whether that switch is working or not.

Sorry for the late delay, had a busy Sunday with kids and wife!

Ok, so I went into switch test...all seems to work well? The opto recognised and activated when I broke the beam!

#9 6 years ago

All seemed ok...sorry, long weekend but I don't think I tried the flippers. From memory I did try the slings and pops with no issues.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Sometimes reseating the wires on the opto board will clear this up, or you could have a broken led on one of the boards

Reseted all wire on the opto board, tick! Getting into the actual opto's was and is a major issue. Removing the ramp is difficult as I have the Eli ramp mod which looks to hold the ramp in place by the way the tube runs under the pf'd.

Also have a LED on the Recogniser which runs to a soldering point so that's a pain to do as well.

Haven't checked the leds on the board however! Is this as simple as a visual to see if I have something a miss?!?

Cheers for the help so far to guys..thanks!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. Fire a game back up and see if the game is still acting funny.

Well check it out when I get home tonight, I'm in Australia so there might be some delay in responding.

#15 6 years ago

Re-seated all connections into the opto board. Looked at the led's but how do I tell if these are broken? The board looks brand new.

Fired it back up and still doing the same thing!

Anything in the backbox I need to look at or do I have to pull apart my whole pinball to see if I have faulty opto's at the disc entrance?

#17 6 years ago

Looks like I have no option but to remove the ramp and pull out the opto boards to check!

Before I do, nothing else to check?

#18 6 years ago

Finally got around to doing a strip and see what’s going on. One opto has been removed and the solder looks perfect.

The other looks to be slightly caught in the metal as shown. Would this be an issue??? Perhaps activating the opto during vibrations?

Yet to remove but will check it as well.

DCFDA121-2C25-48E5-94A0-6072C734E987 (resized).jpegDCFDA121-2C25-48E5-94A0-6072C734E987 (resized).jpeg

B4C472A7-55E5-4B36-89BB-9F9857904C7F (resized).jpegB4C472A7-55E5-4B36-89BB-9F9857904C7F (resized).jpeg

#19 6 years ago

Posted last night when you guys may have been in bed so just a little bump for your time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jardine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-disc-playing-up?tu=jardine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.