CAM01575.jpg
P1040886.JPG
P1040945.JPG
P1040944.JPG
P1040885.JPG
P1040884.JPG
P1040883.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi guys, i love my Spiderman, but got offered a Tron trade for it, the Daft Punk music is enough reason for me if its an equal good pin... I dont know yet, Spiderman is awsome pin.

Well in contact with a very nice seller, ha tells me Tron gots 500credits played, its a huo and both cab and pf should be nice.

I am uploading pics here, as i noticed the disc is dark, should it be blank plastic? or like this in the pics? also the rubber looks a little dusty, aint sure how to describe it, please check out pics, isint it too soon to be so dirty at this low playes?

P1040883.JPGP1040883.JPG P1040884.JPGP1040884.JPG P1040885.JPGP1040885.JPG

#2 10 years ago

3 more pics

Would you trade your SM for a Tron?

P1040944.JPGP1040944.JPG P1040945.JPGP1040945.JPG P1040886.JPGP1040886.JPG

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Nope.

#4 10 years ago

I bought mine NIB this summer and it is a disgusting dirty pig of a machine thanks to that disk, but I love it anyway.

I prefer it to SM, but I don't know your SM's value.

#5 10 years ago

I have both games and it is NOT an equal trade. SM is way more game. Both are great games, but SM is has way more to offer in my opinion. Even value wise a SM is worth more than a Tron Pro.

To answer your question though, the disk is made with black rubber to grab the ball.

#6 10 years ago

I wouldn't trade my S-M for Tron pro.

#7 10 years ago

SM is worth 6-7k
Tron 4-6k

Condition matters of course... I've played 3 different Trons.. 2 LE and 1 Pro... the LE for whatever reason do not get as dirty as the pros do... i dont know why this... but it just is in my experience...

#8 10 years ago

Disc is fine as noted above.

I have both machines. I bought the SM first and at the time was going back and forth with tron over and over. Took me weeks to decide. I feel your pain. I ended up choosing the SM as it is a MUCH bigger game. Watch Bowen beat it in his 1 hr PAPA tutorial. When I finally got a Tron it was the LE which I absolutely love and at the moment play more than Spidey. SM is not going anywhere though, it is such an awesome machine. Tron pro is not a choice I don't think, even though it is awesome. Tron LE maybe, but if I was only having one then SM all the way.

#10 10 years ago

Tron > Spider-Man

#11 10 years ago

Where does the dirt come from??
How about if i clean the game and replace the rubbers at the disc to white rubber? Would that eliminate the problem?

Yeah i also like spiderman, it is awsome but i have played it alot, it is my 2. Spidey wanna try a Tron.
Tron remix soundtrack is playing my car, awsome music

Most people says sm is wayyyyy better game yes, but few people actually loves tron more, who knows maby i will love Tron also after i try it

#12 10 years ago

The dirt comes from the disk. The disk has a rubber coating allowing it to grab the ball and put some wicked spin on it and the rubber sticks on the ball. I think its just part of the deal. People use white rubbers on the game but I don't know how they keep them clean, maybe its just the playfield that gets all the rubber marks. I'd like to white rubber tron if I knew it wouldn't look nasty after a while.

#13 10 years ago

SM for me.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Not in a million years.

Tron is a great game, but this is not a straight up trade. As others have pointed out, if you do decide to make the deal you should be having some cash coming your way as well.

#15 10 years ago

I am getting 500bucks

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I am getting 500bucks

That TRON looks completely mod-less, not even ramp protectors...any mods to your knowledge? I think Id ask at least 1K cash if not more for that trade.

#17 10 years ago

I personally enjoy the upper flipper play on TRON more than I do on Spiderman. I also think TRON is a faster game. There's no ball-locking, there's no lane completion. I also think TRON has a better sound package; the music is top notch. Don't get me wrong, the callouts in Spiderman are awesome but the music is better on TRON. I also think, especially if you got the 'two chicks' translite, that TRON's art package is better than Spiderman's.

Having said that, there's way more 'to do' modeswise on Spiderman. It's probably a deeper game. And for sure it's worth more in the market right now, given that you can still get NIB TRONs out there.

Disclaimer: I own a TRON Pro.

#18 10 years ago

Depth and many modes is handled by my mm.
Easy and really nice gameplay is handled by my cc.
Really fun gameplay is handled by my ss.
Fast as hell gameplay is done by sm, and if tron makes it faster and with better music, well thats just top notch

Sm is deep and fast, one of the best games ever!!!

CAM01575.jpgCAM01575.jpg CAM01552.jpgCAM01552.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Hello Den,

after my purchase at Aug. 2011 was the dirt extrem fast on my TronLE.

The rubber on the disc was kindy "dry", after application with a rubber care product (Sonax rubber care) the dirt never come back.

Regards
Roland

Tron-2.jpgTron-2.jpg Tron-3.jpgTron-3.jpg Tron-6.jpgTron-6.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

SM is worth 6-7k
Tron 4-6k
Condition matters of course... I've played 3 different Trons.. 2 LE and 1 Pro... the LE for whatever reason do not get as dirty as the pros do... i dont know why this... but it just is in my experience...

6-7k? That would be seriously over-paying. You can get them for $5k all day long. One sat on our local CL for a month until the seller dropped to $4400. It was not mint, but it was pretty clean.

Bottom line: It's a pretty even value trade. I prefer Tron, which is why I bought one. Disc smudges were very minmal on mine, and after a few hundred plays is now a non-issue. Can't pick for you. Just go with your gut.

#21 10 years ago

Ain't nothin compared to my old POTC. That disk would put crap all over the playfield in 30 games after a total clean of the playfield.
Count your blessings...supposedly mine was one of the few that had that problem and it totally sucked. Never got a response from Stern on it, and was glad to get rid of the game because I got tired of cleaning it after every weekend of any play from guests.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Ain't nothin compared to my old POTC. That disk would put crap all over the playfield in 30 games after a total clean of the playfield.
Count your blessings...supposedly mine was one of the few that had that problem and it totally sucked. Never got a response from Stern on it, and was glad to get rid of the game because I got tired of cleaning it after every weekend of any play from guests.

My PoTC has a decal - no mess at all. Really no need for an extreme rubber gripping disk in that design feature since the ball will always exit in a controlled manner.

#23 10 years ago

that tron looks very good. the dirt can be cleaned.
your best decision is keep sm and save money to get a tron

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That TRON looks completely mod-less, not even ramp protectors...any mods to your knowledge? I think Id ask at least 1K cash if not more for that trade.

No no mods, got some leds thats it.
Its a huo pin, cab and pf looks nice on pics

#25 10 years ago

I think they are a great equal trade imo. i'd trade it either way.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I am getting 500bucks

Get at least double that if you do the trade.

** This is assuming your SM is pristine of course. If not, then the equation changes. **

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Get at least double that if you do the trade.
** This is assuming your SM is pristine of course. If not, then the equation changes. **

Exactly, A pristine SM just sold for near 6K on pinside. Id value a mod-less lightly used TRON at 5K at best.

#28 10 years ago

Of course the OP is in Denmark where values could be a little skewed based on supply and taste differences.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Of course the OP is in Denmark where values could be a little skewed based on supply and taste differences.

Yeah, Daft Punk is like the beatles over there, or like Timberlake for you under30 dudes.

#30 10 years ago

I sold my HUO SM with mirrorblades and speaker upgrade for 6500. Went to CN. Its a better pin then Tron Pro but not Tron LE.

Trade if you want a change. But you may never be able to afford a SM again. They are rare in FL. They get bought fast.

#31 10 years ago

Thanks for very nice info guys.

So 1run has 3d translight. Silcscreen decal.

Newer runs have 2d trans, decals, and ckiffy on ramps. Am i missing anything

#32 10 years ago

I have made the trade. Is this a led display?
Looks really different from my spiderman. Looke better

#33 10 years ago

Pic

CAM01609.jpgCAM01609.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Yes that would be a Red LED display.

#35 10 years ago

just got a newsletter from pinballcenter.eu
they got a new transparent disc rubber:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/disk-gummi-set-transparent-tron-legacy-p-6216.html

i think this will solve the disc crap?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

just got a newsletter from pinballcenter.eu
they got a new transparent disc rubber:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/disk-gummi-set-transparent-tron-legacy-p-6216.html
i think this will solve the disc crap?

Looks like it, hope we can find it in the States soon. If its coming here I won't clean my game again until I get it!

#37 10 years ago

I have them both sitting next to each other. Both HUO. Tron gets more play.
Perhaps it's because I've played the crap out of spidey and Tron is newer.
If tron has some mods on it, i'd say they are in the same ballpark on an even trade.
D

#38 10 years ago

I don't agree with this at all. Show me one standard red SM that sold for anywhere close to $7K. I don't even think they go for that much on eBay.

#39 10 years ago

My opinion: NOT trying to dis any games, i really love Spidey and Tron!!!

Well my spiderman was routed, was drilled in front, had few minor scratches, but pf was like new, played awesome, super-fast game i really enjoyed.

I made the trade to Tron, and got a little over 500usd in between.
Tron is HUO, has absolutely NO scratches, no wear no nothing, looks allmost like a new game, has under 300games on it, condition is super. (3D back glass looks nice, but the girls is preferred)

I played few games on my new Tron, what, whats going on? got no CLU whats going on

I updated to version 1,74 and played for 2 hours today, now i understand the rules, Tron is NOT as deep as spiderman, rather simple but really fast, i mean fast, in the beginning i had ball time of 1min, in the beginning gameplay really sucked for me, but as more i play it, more i enjoy it (and get longer ball times)

Main reason for my trade was the music, well 99,9234534242% of my trade reason was the music.

Rule/mode-wise, Tron is not as good at Spiderman.

Looks: I just pimped my tron to 100%LED, whaaaow it looks great, totally eyecandy, cabinet and all artwork is awesome, i really like it.

Music, OHHHHHHHH man music is GREATTTTTTTTTT, only one thing sucks, game volume is on 42 and all track is really enjoyable, except when i shoot down the 3bank target, and open in to the tron disc, the music gets really annoying, when i turn down the volume to 30, its okey but i dont wanna play with that low volume...(music is on -10 and speech 0)

Question, is there a way in options, to enter how many shoots is takes to take down the 3-bank target, and how many disc shots to start the multiball? i was thinking about set shots up to a high amount and the disk shots maby down to 2 or 3 shots. Right now when the 3-bank gets down i only focus on getting the ZUSE shoots to change the music, really love that tune

Need definantley more time on my Tron, i don't really enjoy it as much as i did Spiderman, Tron seems more shallow, i hate it when it suddentley drains, SDTM is populay on my Tron, i get pissed when i play Tron... But Tron is the first pin i have owned that REALLY dragges me in to it, i constantly want to start a new game, some games are frustrating, but i want to play one more and one more.

On my beloved spider i played maybe half an hour or more on a good game, made 3-400mill, on tron a really good game is under 10mins and points are nothing to write about
I have played Spidey many times, maby in a month i will think different of tron, maybe my experience with the game will be different when i get better

Untill then i just look and listen to this new beauty, my CC and MM got rest for 2 whole days, that's a good sign

Thanks for all your input guys, as i understand both Spidey and Tron gets alot of love, and i understand why.

Have a nice day guys

#40 10 years ago

Whaow!

images.jpgimages.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-disc-dirt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.