Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 12.48.27 AM.png
IMG_6928.jpeg
olivia.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 9 years ago

ok...old thread......but here are my thoughts, and what I'm going to try...

a) Got my LE last week (from o_din) and included were 2 sets of clear disks
b) I like the look of the black, but ball movement is average
c) Had exact vinyl black decals made to go under the disk, then plan on replacing the black rubber w/ clear...should be the best of both worlds, correct (or am I missing something)
d) The clear discs I have seem to have a pretty strong adhesive on one side already. Do I need extra glue, as mentioned? I wouldn't think so, if the disk is cleaned thoroughly first....

Thanks.....and I'll shoot a couple pics when done.....mark

#143 9 years ago

Well...no need for pics.......clear disc is deadly fast as described....went on easy......

Putting the black on the underside of disc sort of pointless.....lights do look great shining through, but most of the " black" is lost in the cloudiness of the clear disc.....very happy for blazing speed and spin now, however, so a win on that front......mark

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...no need for pics.......clear disc is deadly fast as described....went on easy......
Putting the black on the underside of disc sort of pointless.....lights do look great shining through, but most of the " black" is lost in the cloudiness of the clear disc.....very happy for blazing speed and spin now, however, so a win on that front......mark

Actually take back the " no visible" difference referred to earlier...actually getting the light to shine nicely w the black vinyl under....very much like the original black ....as you can see in the pic...not as dark as original, but very nice...speed and a dark disc....win/ win ( decal cost me $5 at local sign shop)

4 months later
#163 9 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Had it on for one year. played it a bunch. The disc never came up or even could come up ( tried to pull on it a bit right before I sold the game.) Like anything, putting on the disc or decals or painting something usually takes seconds.. its all in the prep. Took me an hour plus to clean off the old rubber. I roughed up the plastic slightly and I used the included adhesive. No extra glue or tape. Worked flawlessly. One of the best mods for tron. Never broke any plastics.

Agreed.....mine's been on for over 6 months, played every night, no problems. I pulled the motor completely out (very east to do ) took the old black off, prepped and cleaned thoroughly, and installed the clear, added 3m adhesive (also had a custom black decal made to put under the disc, to retain some of the light refraction).

Mod is awesome, ball comes in and out with a mind of its own...crazy fast and spinning wildy...AWESOME!!!! I already had plastic protectors installed, and would recommend putting those on regardless (I've broken plastics with far less horsepower than this disc on other machines).....mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-clear-disc-installed?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.