(Topic ID: 46026)

Tron chicks translite in big demand

By arizonabuck

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

was talking with Mr. Powers at Stern and he told me that the Chicks translite is in big demand. He said they've been ordered not to sell anymore. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody was interested.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

ordered not to sell anymore.

Nooooooo! I really want one and seems like I have hit everyone up to sell me theirs. Stern chose not to reply when I recently inquired. No surprise there. I didnt want to start a "please sell me your hottie translite" thread but if anyone is considering please pm me. I am feeling a little desperate here and will most likely pay more than I should. please help me find one.

#3 11 years ago

Hello Silverballer, I am brand new to pinside. My husband and I just ordered Tron Pro with 2 translites.... I don't think we really need the one with the girls on it... I know he paid extra for it. How much would this be worth. I would say just PM me but don't really know how that works.. I guess I would just check my e-mail?

Thanks,

Linda

#4 11 years ago

So you told your husband either the chicks go or I go? haha, just kiddin. If you put your cursor over his picture without clicking, you'll see you can pm him. and at the top you'll see My Pinside, from there you can get to your pinside mail. you should receive an automatic email when you're pm'd. but you need to go to my pinside to send a message back.

#5 11 years ago

Linda, thanks for posting! I sent you pm.

#6 11 years ago

Thank you so much. That was a big help and I just learned how to PM somebody.

As for the girls on the translite? Your'e damn right! He will have to make a decision, either me or the girls translite. Personally, he better make the right decision or I go. (but I get to keep the pinball machines)... haha

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from LindaN:

As for the girls on the translite? Your'e damn right! He will have to make a decision, either me or the girls translite. Personally, he better make the right decision or I go. (but I get to keep the pinball machines)... haha

Mental note, don't mess with LindaN....

#8 11 years ago

Wow Linda, I was thinking of the translite so much I didnt realize you just signed up. Welcome to Pinside! I just read your introduction thread and what a great start. Tron and ACDC are excellent choices. Im robbing from my ACDC fund to buy the girlie translite for Tron. Cant help myself..I'm a guy and would rather look up and see the girls. Sounds like you have things under control and I hope we are able to make a deal. But even if not, still love your attitude and welcome to the madness!

#9 11 years ago

You can still get them frm Stern. There $4900.00 shipped and come with a free Pinball machine.

#10 11 years ago

She is tough folks but very fair it seems. I am guess the chick translites loses this fight.

#11 11 years ago

Wow

#12 11 years ago

I would buy a second Tron if Beau and/or Olivia would personally deliver it. Libations for everyone, a few snap shots and then maybe just make my own translite. Guess I can dream a little.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from LindaN:

As for the girls on the translite? Your'e damn right! He will have to make a decision, either me or the girls translite.

Fine by me. You don't play the translite.

Do you have any sisters? d

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

You can still get them frm Stern. There $4900.00 shipped and come with a free Pinball machine.

LOL!!! And one of the best pinball machines ever made to boot.

#15 11 years ago

EDIT...wrong thread.

#16 11 years ago

wrong thread yo

#17 11 years ago

Wrong thread, though.

EDIT: Charles Bronson beat me to it!

#18 11 years ago

LOL, you guys are quick.

#19 11 years ago

I wonder why Stern would not want to sell a ton of them, great plan. Make some cool alternatives, we like to collect them. Since they made them, they might as well sell them and make some $. I think that is another good revenue source for Stern and the distributors.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Mental note, don't date or marry LindaN....

Fixed that for you....

And this is exactly why I bitched when it was announced that these new ones would come with 2 translites. Stern doesn't even give us the option to buy the new one, this new run, by all accounts I saw from every angle did NOT cost any more to buy than the ones back in october. The people in the "middle" run just got screwed on the translite front all around...

3d original run - got what you paid for at a great price, got to play the game for a year more than the people that had to wait for the 2d runs.
3d decal run - got what you paid for at a great price, with some free extras, like cabinet decals that look a lot better, and leg plates.
2d "clu" run - got a big price increase, barely enough good stuff (some would argue the LED DMD is NOT an upgrade...I like it..) added to make it worth the increase, and in reality, completely negated by the fact that if you want a 3d translite, it sets you back at LEAST 300$.
2d "chicks" run - No price increase, a much more desirable translite, AND you can sell the extra one, if you can find one of the 3 people on earth that want it, lowering your total out of pocket cost even more.

Damn.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

was talking with Mr. Powers at Stern and he told me that the Chicks translite is in big demand. He said they've been ordered not to sell anymore. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody was interested.

Not surprising- it's the best part of the whole machine...

#22 11 years ago

Stern is so stupid, why not sell something that people want? The translite was not a Limited Edition so who cares if people want to buy it for there older Trons?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Stern is so stupid

Well, I will say it feels pretty sweet that I just bought a Tron and Im getting a 2 girl translite and its being coveted. So I will say thank you Stern.

But really whats to stop you from getting one scanned and printed for yourself? *I dont condone replicating to sell*

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Stern is so stupid, why not sell something that people want? The translite was not a Limited Edition so who cares if people want to buy it for there older Trons?

I guess they view it as creating collect-ability in items. They lose a few sales now but when people sees prices and values rise that's when they get pre orders down the road. I think it is short sited of Stern and they should sell more of what people want when they can.

Personally, if they did a mirrored run of the chicks back glass (and not a translight) I would pay big bucks and slap it on my Tron LE, replacing the 3D.

#25 11 years ago

I have the new run Chicks on my game, but I think my wife does not like it, Id rather have a 3D as this is how my boys and I played it at Disney when we decided we wanted one, Id probably trade if someone really wants one, +/- cash I suppose, cant figure why Stern wouldnt oblige the customers as they would profit handsomly and strengthen the bond with the consumer,, such a missed opportunity in many ways..

#26 11 years ago

Anyone else selling the ladies let me know.

Thanks

#27 11 years ago

I picked up the 2 chicks (translight) at TPF. If I dont get a Tron to replace the LE, I'll probably get a backlight frame and hang it by the Tron Arcade.

Must...Stop...Buying...Pinball Machines.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I picked up the 2 chicks (translight) at TPF. If I dont get a Tron to replace the LE, I'll probably get a backlight frame and hang it by the Tron Arcade.
Must...Stop...Buying...Pinball Machines.

LOL, it's a disease. I have as machines on order as I own currently. Will I be satisfied at 6 pins? Dunno. Ten seems like a better number.

#29 11 years ago

I'm Frax's wife, and the chick translite is on my "I demand this as soon as it can show up at my front door" list.

However, I'm also not paying out the ass for one, either. :[ ZEN, if you wanted to PM myself or Frax what you're looking for in cash and/or trades, I'd appreciate it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I'm Frax's wife, and the chick translite is on my "I demand this as soon as it can show up at my front door" list.
However, I'm also not paying out the ass for one, either. :[ ZEN, if you wanted to PM myself or Frax what you're looking for in cash and/or trades, I'd appreciate it.

Finally, I couldn't believe others had a problem with this translite. Seriously? It's a pinball machine translite art, everybody relax.

#31 11 years ago

here's something to stir the pot...and no i am not the auction seller.
ebay.com link: TRON Pinball Alternate Translite With adult versions
oh, and they have an "adult" version too, if you read the description it tells you how to find it.

#32 11 years ago

funny....looked at his others alternates...

I like the description on which WPT alternate translite is for you:
"NC-17 version: No chance this is going on your pin unless you're single or your girlfriend has lesbian tendencies. You are the elite"

I "get" some of the adult alternates- I am not "elite" so Im not eligible- but a wheel of fortunate Adult translite? lol...

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I "get" some of the adult alternates- I am not "elite" so Im not eligible- but a wheel of fortunate Adult translite? lol...

Yeah, I saw that one and just thought hmm... I guess there is a market to sex up any game. Too bad they didn't make a Jeopardy pinball instead.

Rock Hard Abs Photoshopped Trebec for the win!

#34 11 years ago

the adult tron translite infringes playboy copyright (its a playboy shoot the images are from), they are very protective of their stuff. I'd expect them to not be around after a while... (imo it looks really tacky and not at all like gem/quorra from the movie)

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from LindaN:

As for the girls on the translite? Your'e damn right! He will have to make a decision, either me or the girls translite. Personally, he better make the right decision or I go

Pathetic.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

(imo it looks really tacky and not at all like gem/quorra from the movie)

You were looking at their faces?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Finally, I couldn't believe others had a problem with this translite. Seriously? It's a pinball machine translite art, everybody relax.

Yeah, I know, go figure right... the one time a woman agrees to something like this, and it's friggin' unobtanium. LOL. Even I was surprised when she said she wanted the "girls" over the "clu". =|

#38 11 years ago

My deductive powers tell me if there are extra translites, and they are not selling them... more Trons are on the way.

It will be the next last run

#39 11 years ago

I never heard of them running extras, only assumptions that they would.

I won a translite in their Facebook contest last week and they sent me a Clu one.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I never heard of them running extras, only assumptions that they would.
I won a translite in their Facebook contest last week and they sent me a Clu one.

They were (reportedly) previously available separately, now they apparently are not.

Who knows, but if the current run sold well it seems that more Trons would be on the way. And one way to ensure this next run sells? Make it have a translight that is currently in high demand and has limited supply.

#41 11 years ago

I just checked eBay to see what they are selling for but there were none listed. Anyone know how much they are or are people simply keeping them in their pin and selling off the CLU translite?

#43 11 years ago

Let me ask this of new owners that have received both translites....is each one mounted to glass and ready to slide in or does one of them arrive rolled up?

#44 11 years ago

The Clu translite comes rolled up.

#45 11 years ago

Wow, I would have not thought that a Tron translite would be less expensive than a Cue Ball Wizard translite which is listed for $100 on eBay.
Darn, I sould have held on to the CBW a little longer.

#46 11 years ago

Not the answer I was hoping to read but I do thank you.

#47 11 years ago

Anyone want to trade the Chicks Translite for the 3D translite straight up?

Mine came with a chicks one.

#48 11 years ago

I have a 2D and a signed Clu. I think I'm good with them, but I'd like to own the 3rd just to have all of the variations.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Anyone want to trade the Chicks Translite for the 3D translite straight up?
Mine came with a chicks one.

I'd probably do it

#50 11 years ago

sorry, got that backwards. I have the chicks one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-chicks-translite-in-big-demand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.