You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
001.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

That shot isn't as bad as you think. Once you figure out you can hit that shot by bouncing the TRON targets with the right flipper, its easy. Ok, not easy, but a lot easier and more controlled. Practice that shot.

I had the LE when I had one, I thought EOL multiball was really well done in fact all the multiballs are really well programmed (not played new code which I believe makes disc even better) I'm not a bad player and was really frustrated by the Gem shot, I practised the Gem shot with the glass off and it could be made with a slow rolling shot past the flipper but the likelihood of that happening in game is pretty minimal.

The way I saw it was that if Gem was any easier, getting to SoS would be almost a given every game with Portal being a real possibility most games too. Portal in itself is a really good wizard mode and I like the fact it isn't easy to get there, I don't like the fact that it's down to one shot on the game.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

ps for anyone that cares that is 4 full months for hulk le

I've had mine for 2 weeks. Amazing game. I have more love for Tron. But making the shots has me hooked in Avengers.

#103 11 years ago

I've had mine for a few weeks. This is my first pin and I've only made it to the SoS twice. Seems like I'm missing one step along the way every time. Sometimes it's GEM, sometimes something else. Either way, I've been loving it!

Also got LOTR a few days after the Tron. I like that a lot too, just different. My kids like LOTR better. Having MM delivered in a week which I'm looking forward to.

Looks like most of my free time is pretty much spoken for.

Darin

#104 11 years ago

i'm laughing at this thread...seriously. best ever!!!! not really

. fun? yes.

I find its best to never rate anything as #1. its damn near impossible in this world.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

Has to do with subject matter and taste of music. I think Tron has be the best of all worlds. My kids run around quoting the move/game all the time, hell even my wife does it now lol.
Libations for Everyone! Son of the makkkkeerrrrr......
To me that is what makes a good game just like TAF. It's SHOW TIME!

for those same reasons I really love TAF. hearing the game say "straight to the swamp" or "that's dirty pool old man" is really entertaining! I have to admit I thought the tron movies were but I've only watch each one twice.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Angles and stuff seem to be about 1/8" off all around. Except the top shot, that's nice and smooth.

You said clunky. This game is not clunky. Both ramps are perfect and buttery smooth. Thats what so beautiful about this game. The Quarra shot is smooth along with the right orbit shot between the bumpers. You have to hit the shot just right but it is plenty smooth. You can't flail away and get lucky in this game. You have to hit the shots. The only shot I will give you for being clunky is the Gem shot. I don't have a problem hitting it but it's such a sharp turn that it does feel clunky.

The beauty of this game are the endless right flipper to upper left flipper to lower left flipper shots that are just so satisfying. The game has flow! Tron and AC/DC are the only two games I play every day now.

Pappy

#107 11 years ago

The gem shot is all about the slight nudge on the cusp of the loop as it comes around to the upper flipper. Slight nudge so the ball is not touching the ball guide and ....BAM... straight in 3 out of 5 times i try it. I also like to go off the target bank from the right flipper on a fast run.

I do have a pro however which is easier to bounce the ball off the standard stand up target bank, whereas its a lot more difficult on the LE with its different target bank setup (at least it was for me).

#108 11 years ago

Top 3 I'm playing these days is IM, Tron and ACDC. I think Tron kicks my ass every time. Ready to put socks in the out lanes just to keep the ball in play. Definitely rewarding when you have a great game, has you coming back for more. Reminds me of golf... Play a shitty 17 holes and that one hole you kick ass on. Gets me back out playing again every time.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

You said clunky. This game is not clunky. Both ramps are perfect and buttery smooth. Thats what so beautiful about this game. The Quarra shot is smooth along with the right orbit shot between the bumpers. You have to hit the shot just right but it is plenty smooth. You can't flail away and get lucky in this game. You have to hit the shots. The only shot I will give you for being clunky is the Gem shot. I don't have a problem hitting it but it's such a sharp turn that it does feel clunky.
The beauty of this game are the endless right flipper to upper left flipper to lower left flipper shots that are just so satisfying. The game has flow! Tron and AC/DC are the only two games I play every day now.
Pappy

Quorra and the right orbit are not smooth shots. Not the ones i've played on route anyway. Lots of dribble side to side. Not a fan of that outhole being so close to the flippers. Bugs me on IJ4 and MSF as well.

#110 11 years ago

All the shots on this game are butter smooth if it is set up right just ask anyone who has played my tron

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quorra and the right orbit are not smooth shots.

Yes they are.

#112 11 years ago

I find butter to be very greasy not really smooth. So all the shots in Tron are greasy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-best-game-ever/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.