You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
001.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I said it; the game just has that wow factor to it and two of the coolest shots ever
Gem and Quarra

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I said it; the game just has that wow factor to it and two of the coolest shots ever
Gem and Quarra

If its the best game ever at least spell her name right!!!!..lol

#3 11 years ago

my bad

#4 11 years ago

Tron is awesome. I have it ranked as my personal number one right now but I may change my rankings and put ACDC Premium over it . . . tough call.

Both awesome games; easily the two best Sterns (and that is not a knock on the older great Sterns like LOTRs or SM, the newer games with the color changing LEDs tied into the code and better sound tracks are just better).

#5 11 years ago

Why don't you pick one up then?

#6 11 years ago

Got to play multiple games at MGC on a super nice pro, excellent game indeed, best ever? Thats debatable....

edit- VVVVVVV Agreed on that! Xmen playfield layout is kick arse!

#7 11 years ago

x-men has more cool shots...

#8 11 years ago

yeah it's a pretty good game.

#9 11 years ago

You all are crazy. WPT is the best game ever.

#10 11 years ago

so you only played a super nice pro?? try playing a super nice LE and lemme know what you think

Quoted from centerflank:

Got to play multiple games at MGC on a super nice pro, excellent game indeed, best ever? Thats debatable....
edit- VVVVVVV Agreed on that! Xmen playfield layout is kick arse!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

x-men has more cool shots...

xmen is cool but lacks the flow and butter smooth goodness of tron

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

try playing a super nice LE

I did play an LE once at TOMGWI's, but that was long ago......for the record Ive never been a hater of Tron of any version, but cmon, better than TZ? A Tron LE would fit nicely in my collection, maybe its time to send BR,T2, and RFM on their way and sell an organ to get one.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I did play an LE once at TOMGWI's, but that was long ago......for the record Ive never been a hater of Tron of any version, but cmon, better than TZ? A TRON LE would fit nicely in my collection, maybe its time to send BR,T2, and RFM on their way and sell an organ to get one.

As an LE owner and huge fan of Tron, allow me to say it ain't good enough to drop three games and an organ for. No matter how cool one game is three will normally beat it out in my book if you have room.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

it ain't good enough to drop three games and an organ for

Even my liver&Kidneys? Those bad boys are pretty shot even at 36 years. You know how we wisconsin folks drink Might as well grab an LE while Im kicking!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As an LE owner and huge fan of Tron, allow me to say it ain't good enough to drop three games and an organ for. No matter how cool one game is three will normally beat it out in my book if you have room.

Haha! not those 3.

And don't we have enough organs as it is?!?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

xmen is cool but lacks the flow and butter smooth goodness of tron

Xmen is pretty good when you can nail all the shots.

Same with Avengers. Very tight shots on both games. Very nice when you can nail them all ...

But very frustrating if you can't.

rd.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

so you only played a super nice pro?? try playing a super nice LE and lemme know what you think

Ive owned 2 LE's.....BIBLE teabags it....

#18 11 years ago

I owned it and genuinely didn't enjoy it. Sparse playfield, poor photoshopped art etc.

Give me MM, AFM, CV, CFTBL, TAF over it anyday

#19 11 years ago

It is the best game ever, with Avengers #2.

#20 11 years ago

I always find it fascinating the different opinions on games, but i have to state that Tron is the finest game of speed and flow ever created (imo of course). I found that over the years my collection has primarily focused on games that flow well and are very fast as i have the attention span of a gnat and the reflexes of a rabid polecat.

#21 11 years ago

Tron is number #1 this week, but it usually doesn't last more than a week before I switch flavors. Probably been my #1 10 different times. It's a love/hate relationship. It would be the last pin to leave my collection though.

#22 11 years ago

Top 10 for me.

#23 11 years ago

If you own

Tron ACDC IRON MAN LOTR AVENGERS you have the best mix of everything

#24 11 years ago

#1 pin for me and has been since the day I cracked it out if the box in august 2011. Many pinball machines have come and gone from my house before and after Tron LE. The TronLE is not going anywhere.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gem and Quarra

Great game.

#26 11 years ago

I think its a top 10 game, but not the best. My nod has to be for TAF as the best game ever.

#27 11 years ago

Tron LE #1, Avengers #2, I like ac/dc but it was not a must own for me.

#28 11 years ago

Tron has taken the spot of #3. It took over Iron Man this week-AHHHH I cant believe it.

My #1 is still X-MEN-new code rocks and my #2 is Spiderman

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Tron has taken the spot of #3. It took over Iron Man this week-AHHHH I cant believe it.
My #1 is still X-MEN-new code rocks and my #2 is spiderman

I hated X-men hated it. Currently the new code makes me appreciate the game a little more.

I also recommend changing out the 2 clear posts and replacing them with metal ones and blue cliffy posts.

#31 11 years ago

I played about a dozen games on Tron on route before I bought mine. I never really liked Tron or understood why it got so much love. I only bought this one because it was a great deal and if I really didn't like it, I could get my money out of it.

Now that I've played about 50 games on it, I don't see this thing leaving anytime soon. Tron really is awesome once you get the ruleset and the shots down. This game really has some great flow, it looks awesome, the sound and music is great, and the lighting is great as well. I'm glad I picked up Tron and gave it another chance!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

It is the best game ever, with Avengers #2.

Your username is "William's_Fan" you should be ashamed of yourself.

#33 11 years ago

Cant argue with the title of this tread!

Libations for everybody!!!!

#34 11 years ago

The call outs, theme, music and great flow make this game #1. Pro is awesome.

#35 11 years ago

If any game could be tagged with that title then It has to be Tron. Beautiful artwork, sound and lighting. Especially on the LE, or the Pro if you add the fiber optics. It's so fast and smooth.

Pappy

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

If you own
Tron ACDC Iron Man LOTR Avengers you have the best mix of everything

Or if you own SM, IM, X-Men, Avengers, and ACDC.

#37 11 years ago

Was bummed during the first run as I didn't have the scratch to buy a NIB Tron...and an LE was of course out of the question.

Then I heard about the 2nd run, and called our local distributor who didn't know anything about it yet. He called and verified. I was first on the list. My first NIB and I couldn't be happier with it.

Currently torn down for LED's, ramp protectors, scoop protector, and cleaning. I've been wanting to clean that damn back loop for 3 months now! Also installing Quorra's light runner on the plastic above the Quorra shot.

Picture of progress below:

001.jpg001.jpg

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Was bummed during the first run as I didn't have the scratch to buy a NIB Tron...and an LE was of course out of the question.
Then I heard about the 2nd run, and called our local distributor who didn't know anything about it yet. He called and verified. I was first on the list. My first NIB and I couldn't be happier with it.
Currently torn down for LED's, ramp protectors, scoop protector, and cleaning. I've been wanting to clean that damn back loop for 3 months now! Also installing Quorra's light runner on the plastic above the Quorra shot.
Picture of progress below:

That is a nice looking game...

#39 11 years ago

Behold he new backglass for Tron Pro
Quorra/Tron guy

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 11 years ago

Its Tommy (Data East) with a few playfield changes... It does look cool but it loses to me beacuse its nothing new or original. Its is fun to play still.

#41 11 years ago

I have TOMMY right next to TRON and it plays nothing like TRON. It may appear to have the same layout, but the flow is very different.

#42 11 years ago

I know I'm in the minority but I don't get the love for tron. I tried to get into it and it was boring. I found myself trying to make three shots. heck! with TRS at least I'm trying to make 8-10 shots. I didn't think the music was great... I'm baffled by the love. then again I like avatar, BBH and TRS. but hey. live and let live! I'm glad I found a loving home for my tron and I'm sure I'll play tron again when I get the chance.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gem and Quarra

You obviously haven't played AC/DC premium.

#44 11 years ago

One cool thing about Tron is the hot girls in Tron outfits

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

did play an LE once at TOMGWI's, but that was long ago......for the record Ive never been a hater of Tron of any version, but cmon, better than TZ?

I'd take Tron LE over TZ any day.

#46 11 years ago

I think there is an obvious and natural tendency to compare the shots in TRON with X-Men.

I feel that in comparing the two major cross shots that the Rogue shot in X-Men is a better designed and much cleaner, nicer shot than Gem in TRON. However, the side ramp in TRON is better than the Storm ramp in X-Men.

The real shame is that too much rides on the Gem shot in TRON, and it is just not that great of a shot. The geometry is terrible. I have said before, it must have been thought to be a much easier shot to make since it is only second on the ladder. But countless players have had the "joy" of reaching SOS with Gem still blinking.

#47 11 years ago

^^
Pinballcorpse, you're the man when it comes to well thought-out reviews, rules, and shot comparisons. However, I find the right orbit much harder to shoot than Gem (I've had Tron for almost a year). Moreover, on a few occasions, I've had Gem lit solid before anything else, including Flynn.

I think the Quorra/Gem combo shot is difficult to master but very satisfying once you get the hang of it. I believe that's one of the reasons Tron is a good home game.

#48 11 years ago

Dude... I thought Avengers LE was the best machine ever I do like Tron a lot and think it's a very fun and addictive game. My only gripe with the game is that the software is really shallow and it seems like you are constantly playing multi-ball on it. It reminds me a lot of Demolition Man in regards to multi-balls and flow. It seems like you are hardly ever in single ball play, and when you are the only shot I typically shoot for is Quorra since that is typically a safe shot. If you are able to consistently hit the "Quorra" shot on the game you can make "Sea of Simulation" almost every game. It definitely has that "one more game" thing going for it and has a really fun layout to shoot, but it's kind of a one trick pony as far as software is concerned.-albeit a fun and addictive pony...

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^
Pinballcorpse, you're the man when it comes to well thought-out reviews, rules, and shot comparisons. However, I find the right orbit much harder to shoot than Gem (I've had Tron for almost a year). Moreover, on a few occasions, I've had Gem lit solid before anything else, including Flynn.
I think the Quorra/Gem combo shot is difficult to master but very satisfying once you get the hang of it. I believe that's one of the reasons Tron is a good home game.

Last night i hit 8 way combo through the right orbit and right ramp. No clue how i did it, might have been my wife distracting me but i was able to finish the combo into the scoop for 2.4million end of line bonus. That will probably be the only time i do this combo since that right lane is hell of a hard shot.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I know I'm in the minority but I don't get the love for tron. I tried to get into it and it was boring. I found myself trying to make three shots. heck! with TRS at least I'm trying to make 8-10 shots. I didn't think the music was great... I'm baffled by the love. then again I like Avatar, BBH and TRS. but hey. live and let live! I'm glad I found a loving home for my tron and I'm sure I'll play tron again when I get the chance.

Has to do with subject matter and taste of music. I think Tron has be the best of all worlds. My kids run around quoting the move/game all the time, hell even my wife does it now lol.

Libations for Everyone! Son of the makkkkeerrrrr......

To me that is what makes a good game just like TAF. It's SHOW TIME!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-best-game-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.