(Topic ID: 16842)

Tron at home

By NJGecko

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-19_22.05.59.jpg
    IMG_5363.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Here's a few pictures of my Tron Pro. We had quite the little adventure getting it to its new home!

I thought I carefully measured, but neglected to think about angles. So yes, it would fit through the front door, but the turn to get it lined up to fit would be another story...

Thank goodness for friends! My buddy knew what to do...

I had thoughts of this being a quick unbox, walk it in, off we go deal. The last pin I helped him move was like that...but not meant to be this time. Head had to come off. So after unboxing it in my driveway (and of course testing it...neighbors must have been wondering...) we took everything apart (well he did, I mostly watched). Pretty traumatic to take an almost brand new machine and pull apart everything! But we did, and managed to get it inside and to its new home. We worked on starting the reassembly, but it was getting late and he had a long drive the next day, and he took lots of pictures of the "before" so I figured I'd give it a go.

Yesterday I spent the time, reconnected everything, routed it like before, turned it on and...it worked! So after the trauma of seeing this come apart, the joy of seeing it together was worth it!

I do have one question, and I'm not sure where to ask...
    One of the hinge bolts got cross-threaded just enough to make it unusable. I've seen several Stern hinge bolts, but they are all chrome. Any ideas where I could find one matching the Tron-colored one?

IMG_5363.jpgIMG_5363.jpg 2012-05-19_22.05.59.jpg2012-05-19_22.05.59.jpg

#2 11 years ago

sweet pin.

#3 11 years ago

Congrats! Welcome to the Tron club. Enjoy!

#4 11 years ago

It's a TRON epidemic!!!
    Congrats. Just unboxed mine last week too.

#5 11 years ago

I'm saving up for one... unless another pin on my wishlist shows up.

#6 11 years ago

I'M JELLOUS!

-Aaron ()

#7 11 years ago

Sweet game, just opened mine up this morning. Congrats!

#8 11 years ago

Congrats! Just set mine up today.

#9 11 years ago

Contrats - I have one on order!!

#10 11 years ago

My disc motor sounds like a Rocket Ship! I guess I will try that 3-1 motor oil.

#11 11 years ago

Same here. It's loud loud but I'm going to get a few more plays and see if it settles den on its own first.

#12 11 years ago

Great photo outside. Really Great!

#13 11 years ago

Disc was lound on both of mine. You get used to it.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Any ideas where I could find one matching the Tron-colored one?

I just buy the silver ones from PL and rough them up for painting, two coats usually does the trick.
    Congrats on the pickup NJG. I especially love the idea of TRON under the stars! It would be really cool to see 40 or 50 machines lined up running in a open field. Sounds like a new summer expo idea! "Pinball in the Park".

Quoted from Boatshoe:

My disc motor sounds like a Rocket Ship!

That's what the volume control is for... Set it to 55 with a FF kit and voila! No disc noise!

#15 11 years ago

Congrats on your new game - she'll continue to grow on you! I just installed the Flynn sign mod & the latest Tron arcade cabinet mod. Recommend them both highly - they really add to the game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-at-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.