Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bjorg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6183.JPG
IMG_6182.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Just got a 3d translite for Tron and the center guy/girl image has a pretty bad double image. I thought maybe it was because of the fluorescent light but I moved it to an LED light and it still looked the same. If I move way over to the side, like an adjacent game, the ghosting disappears (2nd pic). Wondering if that's typical for this translite or mine is just off.

IMG_6182.JPG IMG_6183.JPG

#2 6 years ago

I am curious to hear what people think, where did you get this from?

#3 6 years ago

Yep

#4 6 years ago

Got this from Da_Topper, who did a great job with the packaging btw. He might have more for sale.

Now that I've looked back through the original fs thead, I see others have noticed the same thing and it was pointed out that it seems to be made to be front lit. It does look perfect with the backlighting off. Best solution is one of those animated led kits so you get improved clarity and the fun portal motion. Overall I really like the 3d translite the best by far. Used to have the LE and that was one of my favorite features.

#5 6 years ago

I haven't seen many of the 3d translights for sale. I'm surprised Stern didn't run more of them and sell them. They would sell well in backlit boxes I think.

#6 6 years ago

I have a question, would the LED backbox kits work for all three translights? I have all three and wouldn't mind getting a upgrade kit but not sure if they are specific for each translight.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a question, would the LED backbox kits work for all three translights? I have all three and wouldn't mind getting a upgrade kit but not sure if they are specific for each translight.

The kit that I have seems designed to give the impression that the disc is moving up in the portal. That effect wouldn't work on the other backboxes. I have the cointaker kit.

#8 6 years ago

I have Kimball's and it is specific for the 3d translite. It animates the clouds and portals, and there is specific leds to light up Flynn and Clu. It was one of my most expensive mods but well worth it.

#9 6 years ago

Wasn't impressed either. Put the 2d girls one in which is much better quality.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Wasn't impressed either. Put the 2d girls one in which is much better quality.

what do you mean?

1 week later
#11 6 years ago

He means this one: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/g6_ORsdz1ok/maxresdefault.jpg

I have the 3D one and it does have it's issues when you're not standing in the right spot. However, I don't remember it being as you describe it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lynn, MA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside