• Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-john-wayne.jpg
#1 8 years ago

This probably won't help the Tron pinball cause. I figured a VE or even another pin would hinge on this movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disney-not-moving-forward-tron-798941

#2 8 years ago

Bummer.

#3 8 years ago

sooooooooo dissapointing!

#4 8 years ago

a part of me wants a sequel Tron pin! How awesome would a new playfield and art package be? Without a movie to keep it going this looks like it won't happen.

#5 8 years ago

As a huge fan of the first film, I found the second film to be almost unwatchable.

#6 8 years ago

Bummer. I really enjoyed legacy

#7 8 years ago

Not many, if any, would agree but I enjoyed the 2nd Tron much more than the 1st Tron. I own the 3D Blu Ray of the 2nd, but don't even own a copy of the 1st. I'm 34, so maybe it's an age thing?
Very disappointing to hear they canned Tron 3, but probably a very good financial move by Disney.

#8 8 years ago

I'm in the "bummer" camp. Not sure why they killed it off?

#9 8 years ago

Well that is very disappointing news to hear.

#10 8 years ago

I'm definitely disappointed by this news!! I love both Tron movies and was really excited to hear when they initially said they were looking into making a third. Major bummer!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I found the second film to be almost unwatchable.

I agree, Olivia Wilde was distractingly beautiful .

#12 8 years ago

I'm okay with this, actually. It took them 20 years to figure out a storyline and presentation that even remotely worked. I don't know how the hell they were going to explain Quorra in the real world, or any of the ISO stuff for that matter...they backed themselves into an unsolveable situation with that whole part of the storyline in terms of continuance.

I think they can wait a few more years, come up with a better storyline, and do it. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Tron 2.0 game that Monolith released way back, where you had things like viruses and corrupted programs. Legacy didn't take anything like that into account, because they were still on the same isolated system inside the computer world. I think that part HAS to go for the franchise to have a successful third movie at this point...it can't be limited to one mainframe, it's got to involve a bigger world. That's kind of where I feel like Legacy failed. I still love the movie, but the time right now isn't right for a sequel and I'm glad to see they canned something that was seeming like it might be half-assed.

#13 8 years ago

More Olivia Wilde please ... it doesn't have to be Tron3.

#14 8 years ago

If I recall correctly Disney signed Garrett Hedlund for his participation in the next Tron not long after Legacy came out for a substencial sum of cash.

Somebody is getting rich doing nothing lol

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know how the hell they were going to explain Quorra in the real world, or any of the ISO stuff for that matter...they backed themselves into an unsolveable situation with that whole part of the storyline in terms of continuance.

The leaked script had her working as a Cam girl for an adult web site after her bits were captured by Russian hackers.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't know how the hell they were going to explain Quorra in the real world

The machine had digitized The Dude... I mean Flynn.... So in the end it reformed Sam, and Quorra was resequenced from Flynn's bio data... hey, it's sci-fi but that sounds good to me .

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

Very disappointing to hear they canned Tron 3, but probably a very good financial move by Disney.

Yeah Disney has just been getting thrashed at the box office and losing monies all over the place. I hope tomorrowland will finally get rid of Lindelof; but sadly it wont.

#18 8 years ago

More specifically, how were they going to explain "abnormal abilities" of a digital being in a physical world. In Tron, you had nothing that previously didn't have a physical form come out of the computer. Legacy didn't exactly explain how a 30 year old mainframe had the ability to recostruct a human form from something that never had that form in the first place, and Flynn's implication that putting an ISO in the real world can change everything didn't make much sense either, because it's not like if you shoot a "physical program" in the "real" world, they're presumably not going to "derez", but bleed just like any other alive thing. There's only so much you can manipulate the laws of the real world as based on the prior 2 movies.

Tron 3 based mostly outside the computer world just sounds like a bore to me.

#19 8 years ago

They should of continued the tron uprising animated TV show....

#20 8 years ago

Maybe the 'real' world that they returned to, wasn't real. Just another level of simulation...

#21 8 years ago

Not sure stealing the plot of Inception would be a good option.

#22 8 years ago

Well fak....

#23 8 years ago

Can't compete with Marvel right now. Tron would have done pretty poorly, IMO.

#24 8 years ago

That really sux

I enjoy the last TRON movie A LOT!

And we got a KICK ASS pin out of it too.

Sad....

Rob

#25 8 years ago

Bad news but a Tron 3 can come decades later, who knows.

#26 8 years ago

Mixed feelings.

I would have liked to see what they could do with another movie (who wouldn't want more Quorra?), I am happy to have the sequel stand on its own was well.

I can see not everybody loving it, but in between the visuals, characters and music I can watch this movie again and again. Hexagons... everywhere , and the lack of sun with black skies / black almost everything makes for a visually distinctive film IMO .

After seeing Tron Legacy in the theater and then buying the soundtrack very soon after I have watched that blu ray what is for me an unusual amount of times (8ish?).

Compare that to The Hobbit movies I bought where I had not seen them in the theater, and have watched the first to once, and haven't set aside the time to watch the third.

I guess at the moment is is the "End of line... "

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have watched that blu ray what is for me an unusual amount of times (8ish?).
Compare that to The Hobbit movies I bought where I had not seen them in the theater, and have watched the first to once, and haven't set aside the time to watch the third.
I guess at the moment is is the "End of line... "

My boys (7 & 4). Love the film. We have watched it a crazy amount of times as well. At least 20 all the way through over the last few years

#28 8 years ago

I liked both of the movies. But, IMHO, Tron 2 really didn't leave anywhere for Tron 3 to naturally go.

The pin is better than the movies

Best regards,

Tom

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Disney has just been getting thrashed at the box office

That seems "off". Have you seen all the Marvell crap that has been making money?! Avengers2, AntMan, soon Star Wars. I don't think Disney is hurting one bit - infact; rolling in it is the term I'd use.

#30 8 years ago

Huge bummer. I thought Legacy was great. Watched it twice in theaters.

#31 8 years ago

Tron2 - chicks = crapfest.

Luckily them killing off tron3 has nothing to do with not seeing more O. Wilde.

#32 8 years ago

TRON Legacy 2: Electric Boogaloo

#33 8 years ago

Wow...no new installment of Tron, instead Disney is gonna re-pop The Jungle Book, Alice: Through the Looking Glass and Beauty and the Beast? Sounds like some great re-hashed adventure--I'll take a pass.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That seems "off". Have you seen all the Marvell crap that has been making money?!

Ha...duhhhhh I sort of forgot they owned Marvel!

#35 8 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Wow...no new installment of Tron, instead Disney is gonna re-pop The Jungle Book, Alice: Through the Looking Glass and Beauty and the Beast? Sounds like some great re-hashed adventure

If they cast Olivia Wilde as Mowgli, Alice, or Beauty, I'll watch it.....

#37 8 years ago

We'll have to settle for Tron Jeremy:

#38 8 years ago

Maybe Disney's angle is to get everyone riled up and then announce it's back on amongst a consumer uproar to create hype? Nah, the truth is Disney makes money selling toys and merchandise... something the prior movie didn't do very well.

Face it, the core of Tron's cult following is adult males. They found that out when that was the demographic that watched the animated series before it was strategically killed off.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

a part of me wants a sequel Tron pin! How awesome would a new playfield and art package be? Without a movie to keep it going this looks like it won't happen.

Tron Prequel Pin

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball

#40 8 years ago

Tron Wayne is not happy about this news !

tron-john-wayne.jpgtron-john-wayne.jpg

#41 8 years ago

Very disappointing news. My son and I were really looking forward to this.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That seems "off". Have you seen all the Marvell crap that has been making money?! Avengers2, AntMan, soon Star Wars. I don't think Disney is hurting one bit - infact; rolling in it is the term I'd use.

Correct. Compared to say star wars Tron 3 was probably sacked as in comparison it is much riskier and at most you are going to make a few hundred million "only".

#43 8 years ago

Booooo

#44 8 years ago

Even worse, no new Tron soundtrack.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As a huge fan of the first film, I found the second film to be almost unwatchable.

It missed the mark on working in-line with the original. They could have done a lot more with it. But production studios don't take zero risks with movies these days because one flop can kill them off.

I didn't dig the whole idea on how the world evolved on its own over time idea as a lame excuse to modernize it with our current tech. If it evolved on its own, they should have invented some totally wacked-out future computer world based more on the original movie. It was not very inventive in that respect. They got lazy there. It didn't have the blown your mind effect the original did.

If Tron 3 was released, a similar thread title would emerge a year later, only with the A in sacked replace with a U.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-3-sacked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.