Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC307CC1-E745-4DD5-B7F4-C6021F1AD19B (resized).jpeg
tron (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Not sure if that’s good for people who want a vault edition based on Stern’s 2010 version. I’m sure Disney would want to market Tron 3 in every way possible including movie assets into a pin.
Thought Disney cancelled this whole Tron 3 idea but with that new ride in Disney coming why not get it going again.

It never got cancelled - Tron Legacy made money - it just didn't make AS MUCH money as the Marvel movies and Star Wars, so it got backburnered

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Not familiar with Jared Leto.

Kinda wish I wasn't. He is /was also in a band called 30 Seconds to Mars which put out an AMAZING first album, and then they turned into a whiny angsty teeny bop band.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

According to Box Office Mojo Tron Legacy budget was 170M, and worldwide gross was 400M, so it probably made some money, but barely. I believe they need to approach tripling the budget to consider it a success. Compare for example to GOTG2, a pretty mediocre movie with a budget of 200M and gross approaching the 900M mark. Captain Marvel, an absolutely horrid pile of drivel with a budget of 160M made 1.1B gross! So it’s plain to see why they would continue to put money into a never-ending dreary series of Marvel movies. Those make money hand over fist.
The original Tron was trailblazing, but only made 33M on a 17M budget. Realistically it was a money loser, and it was lucky the sequel got made years later. As I remember the story, there was a rendering done with the latest CGI tools of a guy tossing the light cycle rod, the bike assembling itself, and the guy jumping on and riding it. I still have that clip somewhere on my computer. Someone high up at Disney saw that and basically said holy shit, that is damn cool, let’s make a movie. So Legacy got made and luckily they did a darn good job.
There has always been that Tron core fandom that has stuck through the years and is still here. Maybe someone saw the potential. We can now hope for something good. In the new world where almost all movies are sequels, prequels, spin-offs, etc, I think anything can be good even if it’s an old idea. But it can be bad too. It all comes down to what they make. I hope they do it up right!
Remember
There were 3 Star Wars movies.
There were 2 Alien movies.
There was one Robocop, one Total Recall, one Bladerunner movie.
There are no Dune movies yet.

Always dug the David Lynch one, even though it's insane. Part of the deal with Lynch.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Ryan Gosling would have been the right choice for Tron 3, even though its not a sequel, after seeing what he did for Bladerunner 2049.

I gotta watch 2049 again. freakin' Jared Leto is in THAT too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
12,028 (OBO)
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-3-it-s-happening-stern-will-be-releasing-a-vault-i-hope?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.