By RGarriott

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RGarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys Im working on getting my Trizone up and going but am running into acouple issues. I had sent my boards to the local shop to make sure all is good and everything came back working good.

I got home and installed the boards, excited to finally turn the game on after a yr of redoing the whole thing, flipped the switch and only the GI turned on.

So I have no displays and the 2 LEDs are stuck on. I removed the driver board to isolate things, and now I get one flash of both LEDs and then they stuck on. After pressing the diagnostic button they both turn off.

At this point I removed the boards minus the power supply and display, and installed them in a fire power. All worked as it should.

I reinstalled into the TriZone to do some troubelshooting.

I have checked all voltages on the power supply which all checked out good except the -100 volt for the displays and the unregulated 12v. The -100 meters out to -123.9. The +100 is 103.9.

The 12v unregulated meters out at 11.5 at TP1. Logic B+ meters at 5v all 3 gray wires.

1. Would having slightly low unregulated 12v make the mpu not boot?

2. Should I have displays even if the game doesnt boot? Or is that a -100v issue?

Thanks Again

Ryan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RGarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trizone-system-6-mpu-leds-stuck-on?tu=RGarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.