(Topic ID: 44768)

Trivial Thread: CFTBL, Is it taller than other Bally/Williams Pins?

By Phetishboy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by McCune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

boots.jpg
alice_smoke.gif
100_0016.JPG
100_0010.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I just got my Creetch home and after getting it set up next to 2 other B/W games, I noticed that it sits about 4 inches taller than the others (leg levelers all dialed in the same). It just seems that the legs are much longer on the Creetch. All my other B/W games (I've had 4) all sat at the same height until now. They also all came with the same sized polished steel legs, and these are painted/PCed dark charcoal. I checked the IMDB, and the example there has the same color legs, but I am not sure how long/tall they are. I'm just checking cuz it looks absolutely gigantic next to my other B/W pins, and my 8 year old daughter is having trouble seeing the playfield (she has no trouble with the others). Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

My CFTBL is the exact same height (and same leg length) as my other B/W pins.
And it does have the dark legs.

#3 6 years ago

I know the Class of 1812 was REALLY tall! Creech was the same...

#4 6 years ago

Don't know, are you using the correct legs?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Don't know, are you using the correct legs?

That's what I am trying to figure out. I just bought it and the seller said the legs are correct for the machine.

#6 6 years ago

Are they charcoal color ?

#7 6 years ago

I have the charcoal legs on mine and it lines up nicely with my other B/W pins.

#8 6 years ago

er, take the Topper off...

#9 6 years ago

I'm really tall and I have a CFTBL. I'd love to raise it by 4 inches!

#10 6 years ago

That's what SHE said!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I'm really tall and I have a CFTBL. I'd love to raise it by 4 inches!

Wanna trade? But seriously, Ima gonna measure these bastards and then I'll know for sure. What SHOULD be the length?

#12 6 years ago

This won't help but my CFTBL has charcoal/black legs and it is 2 or 3 inches shorter than the 3 B/W sitting next to it.I cant get to the back legs cause my machines are so close . But the front legs are 28.1/2 inches long.

100_0010.JPG

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

This won't help but my CFTBL has charcoal/black legs and it is 2 or 3 inches shorter than the 3 B/W sitting next to it.I cant get to the back legs cause my machines are so close . But the front legs are 28.1/2 inches long.

How tall are your other legs? I feel sorry for old Stumpy now.

#14 6 years ago

Mine has stainless steel legs--are those not original?

#15 6 years ago

Nice lineup there Roberto!

#16 6 years ago

I suck at math .Measured again. Legs on all B/W 28.1/2 inch. My STERN legs are around 30.3/4 inches 100_0016.JPG

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I suck at math .Measured again. Legs on all B/W 28.1/2 inch. My STERN legs are around 30.3/4 inches

Cool. Why is Creetch shorter in your line up then? Leg levelers dialed all the way down?

#18 6 years ago

Looks like it...sort of...look at the game next to it...

#19 6 years ago

My Creech was a one owner machine and it sits almost identically level to my IJ?
Maybe your floor is crooked....

#20 6 years ago

I got the answer....

alice_smoke.gif

#21 6 years ago

You have wondering so I crawled under CFTBL .Measured legs 28.1/2 inches. I am 6' tall so me casters are set pretty high. I have one hell of a time balancing my pins. Leave in a 100 year old Victorian home. It seems odd that a few feet apart would make a 3 inch difference but that may be it? I also measured the back boxes on CFTBL , MB , SS . They are all close to 29.00 inches.

#22 6 years ago

Big Guns is a pretty tall pin. Definitely taller than CFTBL.

#23 6 years ago

Yes, Big Guns is big and Class of 1812. Much bigger than the average game...

#24 6 years ago

That must be why my 9 year-old daughter prefers to play my Quicksilver over the ST:TNG. The TNG towers over it.

Phet, just swap out the legs.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I just bought it and the seller said the legs are correct for the machine.

These are the legs he has on his Creech.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1164

#26 6 years ago

I measured the ones on my Flintstones, 28.5". I measured the ones on my Congo, 28.5". I measured the ones on my Johnny Mnemonic, 28.5". I just measured these this morning. They are 30.5". I thought something was up. They are the right color, just the wrong length.

#27 6 years ago

Assuming you still have the Congo, JM, and Flintstones. They should all have 28 1/2 inch legs, Williams style with the full length rib. The Creature should have the same legs, just finished in charcoal grey. The Top (head) height of the machines can certainly vary depending on what pitch you prefer to have them, but the front should be real close if the front casters are all the way in. Pretty easy, just measure them all and you'll know what you have. If all else fails order a pair of these to play in!

boots.jpg

#28 6 years ago

You beat me by a few seconds with your post. Are they the same style as the others? Can you post a pic of them?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

You beat me by a few seconds with your post. Are they the same style as the others? Can you post a pic of them?

Yep, I'll do that tonight.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Mine has stainless steel legs--are those not original?

NOPE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Harleysville, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside