(Topic ID: 141034)

Trivia: What was the last single-ball pin?

By vid1900

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

What was the last game to only feature single ball play; no multiball?

#2 8 years ago

Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons

#3 8 years ago

Victory (1986)? You can lock an extra ball and keep playing, but it's more of a ball save feature. The game never gives you two balls at the same time.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Whoa Nellie Big Jiucy Melons

King of Diamonds in 2010 before that? Does Scoregasm Master count?

#5 8 years ago

if we call those both "remakes" then bad cats?

#6 8 years ago

Maybe Spooky 1987? (Zaccaria)

#7 8 years ago

Capcom Flipper Football 1996?

#8 8 years ago

Bad Cats (1989)

#9 8 years ago

Pool sharks

#10 8 years ago

That sounds about right. Does anybody know what the first single ball pinball machine was? I think I have a good idea what it might be.

#11 8 years ago

Answering Vid's question, Not Odin's-1960 Bally Beach Queens. You only get one ball to play and hit as many bumpers as you can. No flippers either. Just some very strong kickers.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

1960 Bally Beach Queens.

Good call. I was thinking of Flipper, the first add a ball game that came out the same year but a few months later.

#13 8 years ago

ABSOLUTELY!!

5 years later
    #14 2 years ago

Is there a definitive answer to this? I suppose it has to be Whoa Nellie. But how about the last one not designed to be "retro"?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trivia-what-was-the-last-single-ball-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.