Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200525_190437 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9359 (resized).jpg
    chime unit (resized).jpg
    EFA34E4F-2BB2-4297-B0AE-8BE1C9BCD201 (resized).jpeg
    3A729F90-E3D7-4F94-88AB-1AA8FAC04823 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

So many things in the older games are so much cooler. The bronze parts that shine up and look absolutely spectacular, even though nobody but you generally sees them. The metal jeweled playfield posts. The marbled colored posts. The big playfield lockdown mechanism. Going all the way back even the wood rails are just so much more visually appealing.

I know my Royal Guard which is 1968 still has them. I've restored Drop A Card which still has them. After that I think they made the transition.

I still love the old manual lift ball games too. I'm turning into a Luddite I guess.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Just curious, what’s your go-to method for doing this? I’ve tried a couple of things on small parts but the results were underwhelming. For example I have a bronze back panel on my Flipper Pool that’s got some bad oxidation (I’m guessing—something has given it black splotches) that I’d love to make all shiny.

Mother's Mag and a lot of work. I'll tumble them sometimes too.

Back doors just don't seem to shine as much. I tried on the Gigi I'm restoring and it just wouldn't get there. I ended up painting it with a metallic antique brass. Not original but better than it was any who really sees back doors anyway?20200525_190437 (resized).jpg20200525_190437 (resized).jpg

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Went out and got me a bottle o’ Brasso. Hoo boy you’re right Mikala about the aroma. Is it bad if I hear InaGaddaDaVida fade into gentle tones of a strumming harp?

Anyone who has been in the military knows the Brasso smell. Strong stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trivia-questionwhen-did-gottlieb-stop-using-the-bronze-colored-bac?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.