Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

superman2 (resized).jpeg
    superman1 (resized).jpeg
    superman flaking (resized).jpeg
    atarians1 (resized).jpeg
    atarians2 (resized).jpeg
    atarians flaking1 (resized).jpeg
    heavyhit.jpg
    offbase.JPG
    pargolf.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I'm a firm believer that temperature change (varying expansion rates in the glass vs the ink) is the greatest risk. Bought a Rolling Stones (Bally) pinball, and on the way home the back glass delaminated significantly. Would never try mylar.... we've all seen it bubble on playfield. Back to the Rolling Stones. If you look at how the back glass is illuminated on the machine, my delamination occurred where the greatest concentration of bulbs were... Heat. So I now back light all of my games with LED's.

One other comment...Somewhere in this thread I saw where someone was having trouble getting a good wet coat on. I only apply one heavy wet coat and have gotten great results... However, the ambient temperature has a lot to do with how Triple Thick sets up. The warmer it is the faster it sets up which makes it difficult to get that "wet" look. I solved this problem by using two cans of Triple thick simultaneously... One in each hand. Works great. Also have had great luck painting outdoors in the 40's. Just have the glass nice and warm in the house and also be sure the Triple Thick is warm as well. When I'm ready, I take the back glass outside, shoot it immediately, wait about 5-10 minutes, then take it back in the house to cure.

They won't last forever, but I think Triple Thick is one of the best options.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/triple-thick-time-tells-no-lies?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.