• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PSchwisow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Triple Strike Extra Ball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pschwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

When you say "the 1,000 point reel won't always roll over", are you saying that it goes back to zero without incrementing the next higher reel? The most likely candidate for that type of problem would be 9-position switch not working correctly on that reel. Take a look at that switch and compare it to the other (working reels).

What happens with the ball drains? It should score the 1-10 bonus unit (the rollover pins that are currently "down" score 1,000 each) and then it should score the strike bonus unit 0, 2, 4, or 6 times if you have 0, 1, 2, or 3 strikes respectively.

When you trigger an extra ball, the red star lights up, right? What should happen is that after the ball drains and the bonus scores, the extra ball relay should open, the red star will turn off, and the ball will get pushed to the shooter lane. Is the red star still lit when the ball goes to the shooter lane?

I'm not certain about score cards because I've never change that setting and my Triple Strike is set to extra ball mode with extra ball at 85,000.

#6 4 years ago

Info on score reels: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

For bonus issues, I'd recommend looking over the process (which I describe in detail here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-help-please#post-4928838) and try to pinpoint what is and isn't happening. Then we can narrow down the things to check.

For the extra ball relay, I would recommend tilting the playfield up and triggering the switches necessary to engage that relay (easiest is probably triggering all the drop targets twice). Then manually trigger the outhole switch and see what happens. Look at the switches that MarkG pointed out and see if they open/close cleanly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pschwisow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/triple-strike-scoring-issues-and-endless-extra-balls?tu=pschwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.