You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6579 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm look for some help on a Williams Triple Strike. This is my first experience with this game, so knowing how it is supposed to work, would help me out. Hopefully someone that knows the game play well, can help me determine what I'm missing. Here is the scenario: When the ball drain switch is made, the bonus relay pulls in and is electrically latched. The score motor will run, and continue running. If you force the bonus relay open, the score motor will stop running at the index. You can see in the first photo that bonus relay closed will cause the score motor to run. The second photo shows the bonus relay, and what causes it to pull in. The Out Hole SW triggers it, then the bonus RE seals in the relay, until the MB, 1 to 10 set up, and the strike bonus unit open at zero pos. sw, all open up. To the best of my ability I have checked all three of these and they are open. That being said, here is where someone more familiar with this game, can tell me what is supposed to happen. Let's say I have a strike marked, and the ball drains, at this point, is a bonus score suppose to add up, and the strike counter should then reset to zero position? I don't see either of these two happening. Thanks for reading and any help offered! Mike

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I have repaired 2 of these in the past , the strikes should build up , but not 100% certain .
But when ball drains the bonus should count down , the machine then serves the next ball .
Clean up switches on bonus unit , and the wipers , make sure it operates freely .

Look at the 1 to 10 set up relay switches
and check motor switches 5 , Green orange . From a bonus re switch , through to M/B switch on 1 to 10 set up relay ,
also look motor switch IND-D Green white , this goes trough a make break on the 1 to 10 relay also, then through a NC switch on Tilt relay , then a NO outhole switch then finally to the Bonus relay coil .
Carefully clean the motor switches , Lift up the motor to do this , makes it easier .
I have found using a piece of card 2'' long by 1/3 of a inch , 10mm dipped into methylated spirits and gently close switch and wipe clean ,
good luck
Edit , make sure the Methylated spirits has evaporated before testing machine.

#3 3 years ago

Methylated Spirits. Had to look that one up = denatured alcohol.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Methylated Spirits. Had to look that one up = denatured alcohol.

Oh I thought it was a standard name for it ,
Do you use it? cactus .. less fumes than some of the solvents I find .
yes and It was drunk here as cheap alcohol, but you must mix it 50/50 with water or it will kill you .
I run my little heat engine on it , as it burns at a low temp .

#5 3 years ago

Like: Globes = Light bulb
Torch = Flash light
Boot = Trunk

Just depends what country you are in.

4 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

Thanks Ralph - Finally got back to this one after a few weeks. Found contact 6 5-A of the motor switches, and the NC contact of the 1-10 Bonus unit, both out of adjustment, after previous owner cleaned all contacts. It's working good now! Triple Strike Ralph67

#7 3 years ago

Nice work . Thanks for the update too , its good to know what the problems were with the game
Cheers

1 month later
#8 3 years ago

Can someone with a Williams Triple Strike post a photo of the 1 - 10 bonus unit. It's located under the playfield on the center right side. I have an intermittent but persistent problem with the contacts here. I have a feeling someone has monkeyed with it. Thanks

Mike

IMG_6579 (resized).JPG
#9 3 years ago

What’s the problem? It may not be located in this stepper unit.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

What’s the problem? It may not be located in this stepper unit.

I don't think the upper contact is closed when it should be closed, and or open when it should be open.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside