Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
GameStartButton (resized).JPG
Triple Strike (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey Guys-

Last weekend my Triple Strike stopped functioning in the middle of a game. All lights come on and the 4 fuses to the front left of the cabinet work according to my meter.

When I apply power to the game, I do not get a reset sequence. Complete silence.

New to EM so I am not too sure where to go from here. Are there more fuses I should check perhaps in the back box ?

Any help would be appreciated. I really dig this game and want to get it going as my other pin (Williams Comet) is also dead...

Bootleg

Triple Strike (resized).JPGTriple Strike (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from bootlegcraig:

Hey Guys-
Last weekend my Triple Strike stopped functioning in the middle of a game. All lights come on and the 4 fuses to the front left of the cabinet work according to my meter.
When I apply power to the game, I do not get a reset sequence. Complete silence.
New to EM so I am not too sure where to go from here. Are there more fuses I should check perhaps in the back box ?
Any help would be appreciated. I really dig this game and want to get it going as my other pin (Williams Comet) is also dead...
Bootleg

Make sure the coin switches are in the "rest" position. Look at a drawing of them in the game manual or search on the internet: Clay's guides, Pinwiki, etc. Williams uses a funky set up compared to Bally. Gottlieb is kinda simple without using microswitches.

#3 6 years ago

Hey Mr Bally, Thanks for the help !

Hate to be a pain but I am not following your. Could you explain a little more ? My machine doesn't have any coin mechs rather I just hit the start game button and it starts a game.

Here is picture.

GameStartButton (resized).JPGGameStartButton (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

If the Coin relay doesn't activate when you press the Credit Button, diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#5 6 years ago

In your picture, you have no credits. Open the back box and roll the credit wheel. It could be just that simple.

#6 6 years ago

Odd that it would cut out mid-game, but check the Game relay, which is a latch-type, as well as the make/break on the Ball Index relay. Then check p.3 of the manual for start up: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2652/Wms_TripleStrike0001.pdf

What was happening at the time the game stopped?

#7 6 years ago

You need to tidy up that wiring re solder them and heatshrink they look like there is bare wires that could be shorting?
If the games lights up but doesn't complete the reset cycle
Check the fuse under the playfield next to the big reset bank coil. This is a 110volt coil careful! turn off at the power point before you touch this .
good luck

#8 6 years ago

Thanks guys ! Going to work on the machine tomorrow.

Craig

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/triple-strike-dead?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.