Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leckylove
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1118 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I am making a long over due trip to Sunshine Laundromat for the earlier part of the day today. I have been there a few times but being a bit of a trip it makes it tough to get there mire often. My son and I plan on burning through a couple of solid hours of hardcore playing today. WOO HOO ! I can't wait to do my laundry lol.

#2 7 years ago

Once they have you glued to the pins, the washing machines are eating your clothes for lunch.

#3 7 years ago

I am planning a visit next weekend. Let us know how it was.

#4 7 years ago

It was awesome. The selection of machines was great and the condition was very good. There were a few maintenance things to be addressed but nothing is perfect. The machines were fun and the beer was cold .

#5 7 years ago

I was there on Saturday night from about 9pm to 3am. That place was packed there was something like 80+ people in the place with more then half shooting pinball. The owner and his wife are real nice people and they have a passion for this hobby and the machines are very well maintained and enjoyable, plus I got to see BBB &TBL in person. This should be a must see for any pinball fan in the area passing thru.

#6 7 years ago

Do they still have watch repair?

#7 7 years ago

Sunshine is the shit. Cool place. 10/10.

rd

IMG_1118 (resized).JPGIMG_1118 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

The watch repair is gone. I've never met the owner of the place but I love Sunshine Laundromat.

#9 7 years ago

I keep telling my NY friends to check this place out, but they keep telling me Brooklyn is a shitty borough. I don't get it at all, but it's hilarious how snooty they are towards other boroughs.

#10 7 years ago

I have worked in all five boroughs for the last 18 years and they all have their ups and downs.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I keep telling my NY friends to check this place out, but they keep telling me Brooklyn is a shitty borough.

Ha it's more expensive than most parts of Manhattan now!

#12 7 years ago

Yeah the neighborhood is so so but it isn't dangerous lol. It is well worth the trip and it's way better than Modern Pinball. The machine selection is way better and the condition is way better at Sunshine Laundromat. I always go on Sundays and drive there from westchester ny and I always get free street parking around the block from the place. Well worth it people ! Don't be a snob lol enjoy it!

9 months later
    #13 6 years ago

I took a trip there today. What an awesome place. Plenty of machines that play well. Only had 1 issue with Star Wars - one of the spinners would stick midway, allowing the ball to pass underneath. But they have an awesome selection of machines, and I got to play a lot of machines I wouldn't normally play, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, ghostbusters, Theater of Magic, Iron Man, Dialed In, etc, etc. Attack from Mars was fun, I never played that. Too bad the Big Lebowski was out of service.

I wish I knew beforehand that the machines took quarters - I have a whole box of them. I spent about $25.00 and spent a few hours there. Mostly hipster crowd was not my cup of tea. I don't drink either. But I now know where it is, just 15 minutes from me - 8 stops on the "G" train. I may go back tomorrow!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

I took a trip there today. What an awesome place. Plenty of machines that play well. Only had 1 issue with Star Wars - one of the spinners would stick midway, allowing the ball to pass underneath. But they have an awesome selection of machines, and I got to play a lot of machines I wouldn't normally play, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, ghostbusters, Theater of Magic, Iron Man, Dialed In, etc, etc. Attack from Mars was fun, I never played that. Too bad the Big Lebowski was out of service.
    I wish I knew beforehand that the machines took quarters - I have a whole box of them. I spent about $25.00 and spent a few hours there. Mostly hipster crowd was not my cup of tea. I don't drink either. But I now know where it is, just 15 minutes from me - 8 stops on the "G" train. I may go back tomorrow!

My son and I go there as well. We love it there!!! So awesome to play the machines they have.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trip-to-sunshine-laundromat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.