Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cleland
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm about to start the re-decal process on my IJ and I've been contemplating trim options. What have people seen that looks good? I'm wary of brass because my LOTR LE has not held up well. Any other ideas?

#2 9 years ago

I am told we shouldn't use LOTR brass an example as they supposedly did a crappy job of it. All i know is my LE is babied and it started wearing in just over a year.
Brass does look great on IJ though.

#3 9 years ago

I have brass on my HEP IJ and it looks fantastic.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Brass does look great on it though.

Yep, a nice brass plating like Chestnut does would look great. Same on ToM and ToTAN as well. Can never go wrong with stainless or even glossy black powder coat.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 9 years ago

Brass from Chestnut is the way to go.

#7 9 years ago

That's some serious orange!

Does the chestnutt plating hold up better than what's on LOTR LE?

#8 9 years ago

I actually think the orange looks surprisingly decent and thought about it for mine. I hate brass and have pulled it from some of my games. Only one I've left it on for now is ToTAN, but even thinking about black there too.

For IJ, I had thought brass because everyone does it, but I ended up doing a "leather hat" brown that is pretty cool. Much more subtle. In darker lighting it isn't far from black, but in better lighting it basically matches Indy's hat / whip. Got it done by Matt at Back Alley. Not for everyone, but a nice option for the non-brass folks.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I actually think the orange looks surprisingly decent and thought about it for mine. I hate brass and have pulled it from some of my games. Only one I've left it on for now is ToTAN, but even thinking about black there too.
For IJ, I had thought brass because everyone does it, but I ended up doing a "leather hat" brown that is pretty cool. Much more subtle. In darker lighting it isn't far from black, but in better lighting it basically matches Indy's hat / whip. Got it done by Matt at Back Alley. Not for everyone, but a nice option for the non-brass folks.

Sounds interesting, any pics?

#10 9 years ago

Here are some from HEP's finished game gallery. They look pretty awesome. I would also be curious what chrome would look like.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/Finished-Games?page=7

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for remembering my work
I thought that IJ came out fantastic with the balance of Orange and Black. I'm not a fan of Brass and thought it worked perfectly for the theme.

Quoted from Cheeks:

That does sound interesting, would like to see pics as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trim-options-for-wms-ij and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.