1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Man_CRNA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I recently bought a 1987 Gottlieb Victory with NO backbox glass or translite. I have since acquired a NOS translight and have ordered a piece of tempered glass that is 25 inches wide by 20 inches high by 1/8 inch thick.

I have searched high and low for trim pieces for this machine and have really come up with nothing. I know it needs to be 1/8 thick trim to accommodate the thickness of the glass, and beyond that that I will likely have to cut the trim with a chopsaw, so it has to be made out of plastic which rules out any stainless steel lift channels. I was about to order longer than necessary pieces with planning to cut, and I am encountering certain trim that is specifically for translights.

Can someone send me a link or describe to me what I need? Are there different types of translight trims or is there one standard "translight trim" and one standard "not translight trim?" This is very confusing to me as I don't have any trim to compare it to since there was nothing in the machine when I bought it and I can't find anything online about this.

I need the top trim, two side trims, and a lift channel.

#victory

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newnan, GA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Man_CRNA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trim-lift-channel-size-for-1987-gottlieb-victory?tu=Man_CRNA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.