(Topic ID: 311783)

Trilogies in pinball and do you own one?

By Pozzest01

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ctl723
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57286573-6901-4FC4-A187-917323593AC3 (resized).jpeg
    20211008_132620 (resized).jpg
    AAFDF023-AD32-47A5-AB45-EB99A40A5094 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I was sitting here thinking about my two Elvira machines and how I was going to find the third when I had a thought. I wondered how many pinball machines are part of a trilogy. Let's list them here and maybe make some friends. I'll start with the two of the three I have.
    Elvira and the party monsters *
    Scared Stiff (owned)
    Elvira's House of Horrors (owned)
    (* Is the missing one)
    So let's hear it pinside, what trilogies are out there and what do you own or have played? What did ya think of them?

#2 2 years ago

BK, BK2000, BKSOR

Don;t have them, just helping your list.

#3 2 years ago

Ok, what are the other two machines and do you own any of them?

#4 2 years ago

I’ve got the roller coasters all 3

#5 2 years ago

Star Trek (EM, not related) Star Trek Bally, Star Trek 25th DE, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Stern

I own 2 of them

you also have the Star Wars game
    TESB Hankin, Star Wars DE, Star Wars Sega, Star Wars Stern

#6 2 years ago

Does this count as a trilogy?

Terminator 2
    Terminator 3
    AC/DC

#7 2 years ago

I currently have all 3 Elvira’s

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Star Trek (EM, not related) Star Trek Bally, Star Trek 25th DE, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Stern
    I own 2 of them

Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. I think it counts as a trilogy even if all the machines are not from the same company. What do you think about that?
    May I inquire wish ones you own?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Terminator 2
    Terminator 3
    AC/DC

I don't know, what's your reasoning for them being all related in the terminator universe?

#10 2 years ago

I have a pair of who’s, Dr. Who and Who Dunnit. Not the same as a trilogy but still an oddity and proper pairing perhaps. They’re currently side by side if that counts for extra credit.

Quoted from EJS:

Terminator 2
    Terminator 3
    AC/DC

lol at Terminators with AC/DC. That cracked me up, thanks!

Another thought, aren’t there 3 tube games? Cybernaut, Xenon and I forget the other one.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I have a pair of who’s, Dr. Who and Who Dunnit. Not the same as a trilogy but still an oddity and proper pairing perhaps. They’re currently side by side if that counts for extra credit.

Super nice set up but I'll let the forum decide. Nice reach for the extra credit!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ve got the roller coasters all 3

What are the 3 rollercoaster machines?

#13 2 years ago

I think the 3 roller coater ones are
    Cyclone, Comet, and Hurricane

Another trilogy
    Pinbot, Jackbot, Bride of Pinbot

#14 2 years ago

I have Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot, (and not) Jackbot
    How about Apollo, Space Shuttle, Space Station?

#15 2 years ago

How about a quadrilogy? Party Animal, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Dr. Dude and his Excellent Ray, The Party Zone

#16 2 years ago

Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Dialed In I think count as the Pat Lawlor disaster trilogy.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

How about a quadrilogy? Party Animal, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Dr. Dude and his Excellent Ray, The Party Zone

This is one I'm not sure about. I think all four machines you mentioned belong together but the Elvira themed machines definitely belong together. Crossover trilogy perhaps?

#18 2 years ago

I own the Arnold trilogy. T2, T3 and LAH

#19 2 years ago

I’ve got one!

AAFDF023-AD32-47A5-AB45-EB99A40A5094 (resized).jpegAAFDF023-AD32-47A5-AB45-EB99A40A5094 (resized).jpeg
    #20 2 years ago

Here's my Terminator trilogy

20211008_132620 (resized).jpg20211008_132620 (resized).jpg
    #21 2 years ago

Wow, we actually forgot about Jurassic Park (DE), The Lost World (Sega) and the new ones from Stern. Also Playboy by Bally, Data East and Stern.

#22 2 years ago

For a while I used to tell people I had the “ZZ Top Trilogy” because I happened to have 3 games that all had ZZ Top songs in them:

Back to the Future - Doubleback by ZZ Top
    HSII the Getaway - La Grange by ZZ Top
    Lethal Weapon 3 - Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top

I don’t know if there are any other machines with ZZ Top in them but I thought it was pretty wild that for a short time I had 6 machines and 50% of them featured ZZ Top. It wasn’t intentional, just happened to be the machines that came my way. I’ve since sold HSII and LW3; still have the BTTF though.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeLorean_Rider:

For a while I used to tell people I had the “ZZ Top Trilogy” because I happened to have 3 games that all had ZZ Top songs in them:
    Back to the Future - Doubleback by ZZ Top
    HSII the Getaway - La Grange by ZZ Top
    Lethal Weapon 3 - Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top
    I don’t know if there are any other machines with ZZ Top in them but I thought it was pretty wild that for a short time I had 6 machines and 50% of them featured ZZ Top. It wasn’t intentional, just happened to be the machines that came my way. I’ve since sold HSII and LW3; still have the BTTF though.

Now that is awesome! I didn't know any pinball machines, much less three of them, having ZZ Top music. Well played sir.

#24 2 years ago

There's the Chicago major league sports quintuple with Frank Thomas Big Hurt (White Sox), Chicago Cubs Triple Play, Michael Jordan (Bulls of course), Bobby Orr Power Play (Blackhawks), and Stern NFL Chicago Bears.

I'm pretty sure this one has never been assembled as Data East only made 7 Michael Jordans.

#25 2 years ago

Potential Trilogy - If you look at the patent info for Pin 2000 there are pictures of a Pin 2000 Monster Bash. That would have been a cool trilogy if they produced it.

#26 2 years ago

Tron, Iron Man & Lebowski were gonna be my Jeff Bridges trilogy before Dutch went bonkers.

Rush, AC/DC & Metallica were always my dream rock pin trilogy - and now I have it.

#27 2 years ago

I have the Elvira trilogy

Also the Rush LE, AC/DC BIBLE and Metallica LE trilogy

Elwin Trilogy, Jurassic Park, Iron Maiden and Godzilla... Had to dump Avengers

#28 2 years ago

Mars God of War

Quoted from sevenrites:I have a pair of who’s, Dr. Who and Who Dunnit. Not the same as a trilogy but still an oddity and proper pairing perhaps. They’re currently side by side if that counts for extra credit.

Another thought, aren’t there 3 tube games? Cybernaut, Xenon and I forget the other one.

#29 2 years ago

or , Close Encounters of the third kind, Hook, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones

#30 2 years ago

Here's a really obscure one from Gottlieb: Amazon Hunt, Amazon Hunt II, and Amazon Hunt III. Look it up.

Road Show is arguably part of the Lawlor Disaster Series. With the earthquake.

Stern Electronics Dracula, BSD, and Monster Bash could be a trilogy.

X-men, Tron, and Rush could be a Borg trilogy, sort of. Or something.

Rollergames, WWF, and WWE are all theatrical-versions-of-sports games. Or Tag-Team Pinball, WWF, and WWE.

Grand Prix, Indy 500, and Mario Andretti could be a Formula 1 trilogy. There are other racing trilogies that could be done as well.

Various options for basketball trilogies.

BSD, Freddy's Nightmare on Elm Street, and JCH could be a "serious horror" trilogy.

Speaking of horror: Barracora, Space Invaders, and Alien could be an HR Giger trilogy.

Rocky, Ali, and Champion Pub. Or Title Fight.

James Bond (Gottlieb), Goldeneye, and James Bond (Stern) (upcoming)

Iron Man, Avengers, and AIQ for the three games that feature Iron Man and Black Widow (she's in AIQ, right?)

Godzilla (sega), Godzilla (stern), and Ultraman for a Kaiju trilogy.

Medieval Madness, X-men Premium/LE, and Hobbit for a pop up target trilogy.

I'm going to sleep now. There are probably more.

#31 2 years ago

I have the Bi-Centennial Trilogy - Liberty Bell (Williams), Freedom (Bally) and Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb). I also have New World (the Playmatic Bi-Centennial Pin) which would make a Tetralogy (Four works instead of three).

#32 2 years ago

Bally Playboy
    Data East Playboy
    Stern Playboy

Bunnies

#33 2 years ago

One fof the collector/operator/diehard - anyone own all three of one Specific Stern Pinball.

Example: Game of Thrones...Pro , Premium, Limited Edition

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Dialed In I think count as the Pat Lawlor disaster trilogy.

You could also substitute in Fire for Dialed In and have the Earth Wind and Fire trilogy. I've got all 4 though.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

You could also substitute in Fire for Dialed In and have the Earth Wind and Fire trilogy. I've got all 4 though.

What about the Captain Planet Quintet?
    EARTHshaker
    WhirlWIND
    WhiteWATER
    FIRE!
    And...uh...heart? Gorgar for the heartbeat sound!

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

What about the Captain Planet Quintet?
    EARTHshaker
    WhirlWIND
    WhiteWATER
    FIRE!
    And...uh...heart? Gorgar for the heartbeat sound!

I've got a Whitewater too.

If only there was a 5th Element machine, I could stop evil.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

I've got a Whitewater too.
    If only there was a 5th Element machine, I could stop evil.

What's up with Williams and the elements of nature?
    Earthshaker, Heat Wave, Whirlwind, Trade Winds, Whitewater, Fire...they also had a Typhoon prototype which is freaking badass.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

What's up with Williams and the elements of nature?

No licensing fees.

#39 2 years ago

I'll drink to that! Prost!

Quoted from trilogybeer:I’ve got one!
    [quoted image]

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Terminator 2
    Terminator 3
    AC/DC

No, but replacing AC/DC with Last Action Hero would give you the Arnold Schwarzenegger Trilogy.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Batman quadilogy yet.

Batman (Data East), Batman Returns (Sega), Batman (Stern), and Batman 1963 (Stern).

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

BK, BK2000, BKSOR
    Don;t have them, just helping your list.

Quoted from Pozzest01:

Ok, what are the other two machines and do you own any of them?

It's the Black Knight trilogy and he doesn't own any of them. Black Knight (1980), Black Knight 2000 (1989), and Black Knight: Sword of Rage (2019).

#42 2 years ago

Toilet trilogy: Junkyard, South Park, and Austin Powers.

#43 2 years ago

Mine are; Capt Fantastic, Wizard and Fireball (original)
    Steve

#44 2 years ago

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Bally's Eight Ball, Eight Ball Deluxe, and Eight Ball Champ...

#45 2 years ago

Star Wars Trilogy - Literally.

57286573-6901-4FC4-A187-917323593AC3 (resized).jpeg57286573-6901-4FC4-A187-917323593AC3 (resized).jpeg
    #46 2 years ago

Wow…..glad to see someone listened to the doubles episode: The Classic Pinball Podcast.

#77 Double Down. We also discussed some trilogies.

#47 2 years ago

Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot and Taxi. I own all three.

#48 2 years ago

I think Simpsons Pinball Party, South Park, and Family Guy are kind of a good trilogy.
    Or Houdini, Pinball Magic, and Theatre of Magic.

#49 2 years ago

The Slash Trilogy: Guns N' Roses, Viper Night Drivin', and Guns N' Roses.

The phone trilogy: Johnny Mnemonic, Who Dunnit, and Dialed In.

Edit: There's also TZ, Viper Night Drivin', and Avatar LE. Three games with unusual balls (on the main playfield).

Or: Banzai Run, Harley Davidson, and Blackwater 100.

Or: T3, NBA Fastbreak, and Banzai Run (backboxes).

#50 2 years ago

Xenon/Embryon/Elektra are sort of an early Bally space trilogy, and they sure do look great next to each other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trilogies-in-pinball-and-do-you-own-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.