(Topic ID: 4083)

Trigger has been pulled...

By jarjarisgod

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wrestling%20bulldogs.jpg
    Ahoy.jpeg
    imagesCAVKJI8X.jpg
    WP.jpeg
    Red_Ruby_Slipper_Flipper.jpg
    397206824.jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

On my first NIB pin... WOZ! Now I just have to wait 6 months to play it.

For those of you out there who have bought NIB pins before... What was your first?

#2 12 years ago

Congrats to you! If you think you can't afford that LOTR now, your buddy, Jason is standing by with cash....

#3 12 years ago

My first NIB was The Sopranos and theres nothing like brand new.

#4 12 years ago

Welcome aboard.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Congrats to you! If you think you can't afford that LOTR now, your buddy, Jason is standing by with cash....

Heh... I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think LOTR is going anywhere anytime soon.

My weak pin skills are still preventing me from destroying the ring, although I came damn close (yet again) ten minutes ago. On the plus side, I did set a new high score!

And... I'm Jason too!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

My first NIB was The Sopranos and theres nothing like brand new.

I've only played that pin once at Gameworks in Chicago. Word is there is one in a bar not far from me. I should go give it another spin one of these days...

#7 12 years ago

WOZ will be my first NIB too .. it's all paid for .. Go flying monkeys and color DMD !!!

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad:

WOZ will be my first NIB too .. it's all paid for .. Go flying monkeys and color DMD !!!

I read on the JJP site that there will be a flying monkey toy that actually picks the ball up off the playfield! Sounds so cool!!!

From what everybody is saying, this sounds like a good pin to make your first NIB. Let's hope it lives up to the hype for all our sakes.

I find it cool that Jack is so accessible too. I e-mailed him last night and he had responded by the time I woke up. E-mailed him again and he responded within minutes. Nice to get that kind of attention from the man at the top.

#9 12 years ago

I'm waiting for the first pic of WOZ and then really decide on getting
    one its hard making a decision right now

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I'm waiting for the first pic of WOZ and then really decide on getting
    one its hard making a decision right now

I hear ya. Buying it sight unseen is a huge leap of faith for me, but the upside is pretty big so I figure it is worth the risk. From what I've read about the game and the opinions of people on this site I'm feeling pretty comfortable with my decision.

You could always plunk down the $250 now to lock in the lower price and then back out at the end of July if more is revealed and you don't like what you see. Just a thought...

#11 12 years ago

I think WOZ is gonna be the new number one. I really do. Based on everything I personally have heard to date. How could it not be.
    Flying Monkey toy. Witch Toy. Two mini playfields. Spinning house. Design for LED's. Multiple flippers. LCD display. Awesome Sound system. Great Art. Amazing Music and sound package. Deep Rules but FUN. I think it is going to be nothing short of amazing. I sure hope so.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I think WOZ is gonna be the new number one.

I'm getting the same feeling. One of the reasons why I decided to pull the trigger. I didn't want to end up in another MM situation where getting one is barely more than a pipe dream.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I find it cool that Jack is so accessible too

Jack is the man and the most helpful person he really took care of me
    when i purchased my NIB from him.

#14 12 years ago

Glad you decided to jump on board. My 1st NIB was SM back in 07'. Got lucky it didn't turn out to be one of Stern's dud's.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I think WOZ is gonna be the new number one. I really do. Based on everything I personally have heard to date. How could it not be.
    Flying Monkey toy. Witch Toy. Two mini playfields. Spinning house. Design for LED's. Multiple flippers. LCD display. Awesome Sound system. Great Art. Amazing Music and sound package. Deep Rules but FUN. I think it is going to be nothing short of amazing. I sure hope so.

You guys are really tempting me LOL!!!

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Glad you decided to jump on board. My 1st NIB was SM back in 07'. Got lucky it didn't turn out to be one of Stern's dud's.

Nice! I hope to eventually add SM to my collection as well. It is a great machine. The JK Simmons quotes are the icing on the cake.

Quoted from pinmike:

You guys are really tempting me LOL!!!

Go for it!

#17 12 years ago

Gotta make room and now my son wants a WWF pin thanks to
    his mother she showed him a youtube vid of the game in action
    and has been bugging me about now theres 2 pinheads in one
    house.LOL!!

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Gotta make room and now my son wants a WWF pin thanks to
    his mother she showed him a youtube vid of the game in action
    and has been bugging me about now theres 2 pinheads in one
    house.LOL!!

Two pinheads are better than one! You've created a monster!!!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Two pinheads are better than one! You've created a monster!!! []

Yes i have LOL!!! I would rather have him play pinball than
    a xbox any day

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Yes i have LOL!!! I would rather have him play pinball than
    a xbox any day

Ha! Yeah, I used to be one of those Xbox junkies. I still play, but now that I've gotten into pinball I've been spending less time with the video games. So I guess that's a good thing.

I see you used to own a FT. Is that one worth owning for the right price, or does it get old fast? I've never played it but there's one on Ebay for a nice price right now that intrigues me.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I would rather have him play pinball than
    a xbox any day

Amen to that!Pinball is more fun and takes more skill!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I see you used to own a FT. Is that one worth owning for the right price, or does it get old fast? I've never played it but there's one on Ebay for a nice price right now that intrigues me.

I owned FT for probably over a year..Not a bad game and plays pretty fast
    its more of a comedy game than anything else not a bad game if its at the right price
    i sold mine for 1100.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Amen to that!Pinball is more fun and takes more skill!

Pinball all the way!!!

#24 12 years ago

I'm waiting for the first pic of WOZ

What type of Pic are you waiting on?A fair amount has been shown regarding the cabinet artwork, and as stated in above posts the $ put down will be refundable for awhile longer.
    These first 1000 machines should be very special,and if you really did not like it,hopefully it will be a valuable limited edition machine.When it is released I kinda think it will be sought after by quite a few of the RGP guys who think it is a wimpy theme.

397206824.jpg397206824.jpg Red_Ruby_Slipper_Flipper.jpgRed_Ruby_Slipper_Flipper.jpg

#25 12 years ago

Pics of the playfield

#26 12 years ago

Those ruby red slipper / flippers is enough not to make me want to go and buy one.

#27 12 years ago

I like your sarcasm,being from Kansas you are in the motherland of WOZ.

#28 12 years ago

I think it would be cool if the flippers actually were the slippers. Just sticking a red slipper on a regular flipper seems a little silly to me.

#29 12 years ago

It might have a glittering affect when the lights are flashing

#30 12 years ago

Pinmike,
    I'm with you on wanting a playfield pic,but I got so caught up in the whole WOZ factor that I pre-ordered real early.You are probably wise to hold out till something more concrete is released.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Pinmike,
    I'm with you on wanting a playfield pic,but I got so caught up in the whole WOZ factor that I pre-ordered real early.You are probably wise to hold out till something more concrete is released.

I almost got caught up with it but said to myself to just wait and see
    and i know that when WOZ comes out im sure theres going to be
    some for sale from some dealers or private sellers on Ebay...
    Look at how many Tron machines are for sale or trade already

#32 12 years ago

Those who saw leaked drawings in the past say it is gonna be AMAZING.

#33 12 years ago

I saw and printed the leaked,lower left playfield drawing that got on this forum,I still have it,and will put it in my WOZ packet.It was only on the site for a little while.It really got me pumped at the time,even though I had already secured machine # 666,the number of the flying monkeys ))

#34 12 years ago

How do you know which number you're going to get?

#35 12 years ago

I think they tell you when preorder the game

#36 12 years ago

Hmmm... I'll have to keep a lookout for that. All I see is my order # at the moment. Not too big of a deal. In the end all that matters is that I'm getting one of the thousand.

#37 12 years ago

You can email (Katie I believe),or Jack,heck even call them at JJP on Monday and ask,request a certain Serial #,I asked about #13,50,500, etc.and they were taken,then I asked about #666 and they said it was mine,as I was the first to ask for that #. Kirk

#38 12 years ago

Thanks for the info! I'll have to give them a call on Monday and see if anything of interest is still available.

#39 12 years ago

woz will be my first NIB

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Now I just have to wait 6 months to play it.

I wish it was 6 months...I would be thrilled to have it this time next year. Production begins in Mid December. Delivery is scheduled for january, february and march. That is if everything goes smooth. This is a brand new company so things will not go smooth.
    Not trying to be a downer, just trying to be realistic. I don't want people to plan on having it for x-mas, as I think some are.

#41 12 years ago

You make a lot of good points. Personally, I'd rather have them take their time and get it right rather than rush it out the door just to meet an arbitrary deadline. That said, I fully expect to be playing mine no later than March of next year.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Personally, I'd rather have them take their time and get it right rather than rush it out the door just to meet an arbitrary deadline ...

Ditto.

#43 12 years ago

WP.jpegWP.jpeg

Welcome to the club Mr. Binks!!!
    Now drink this...

(Whispering...)

"It's Kool-aid...."

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

I asked about #666 and they said it was mine,

Still gotta rub it in eh v8..!

Bruce, would have wanted me to have it...
    If I can get IM to play in your living room would you trade #s with me?

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Still gotta rub it in

Oh man!,I thought you were taking the night off and I could get that by unnoticed,Damn
    We could do a cash transaction,under the table,and not tell anybody.My # for the low 7 digits and?

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

coasterguy said:

I think WOZ is gonna be the new number one.

I'm getting the same feeling.

Those are pretty high expectations you guys have. For your sake, I hope you don't end up disappointed if the machine doesn't end up as the best rated machine of all time. Personally, I just hope the machine turns out to be fun and sells well enough to keep JJP in business making more machines.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Those are pretty high expectations you guys have. For your sake, I hope you don't end up disappointed if the machine doesn't end up as the best rated machine of all time. Personally, I just hope the machine turns out to be fun and sells well enough to keep JJP in business making more machines.

I won't be disappointed if it isn't the greatest pin of all time. All that matters is that it is fun and has lasting appeal. As long as it meets those criteria, I will be a satisfied customer.

#48 12 years ago

Man I'm getting tempted. How much money do you have to lay out to reserve one? I don't have $7000 for one now, but in 6 months or a year or whatever I could probably scrape it together if I slow my current pin buying pace.

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Man I'm getting tempted. How much money do you have to lay out to reserve one?

Go for it!

You have to put $250 down on or before 6/30 to lock in the $6,500 price. After that...

Payment Schedule is as follows:
    $1000 - On or before 7/15/11 - Fully Refundable

8/1/11 - Order is Confirmed and Reserved as a Special Order

$1000 - On or before 8/15/11
    $1000 - On or before 9/15/11
    $500 - On or before 10/15/11
    $500 - On or before 11/15/11
    $2250 - On or before 12/15/11 as production begins

Details can be found here...

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1

#50 12 years ago

Tempting, but when I realize I could get 3 or 4 good older pins for that price I come back to reality. Not really into the theme either. Guess I'll just have to play yours

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trigger-has-been-pulled/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.