(Topic ID: 184217)

Trident-Solinoids

By BarryMulvihill

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My displays were not working. I installed all new high voltage parts, and now displays work. But when game booted first time and displays turned on, I heard a pop, like a fuse blowing, and now solinoids (pop bumpers, slingshots) do not work during game. Flippers do work.

The interesting thing is if I do a solinoid test pop bumpers and slingshots do work.

I also replaced Playfield 1 amp fuse and 5 amp solinoid fuse. The others look okay.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
-Barry

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from BarryMulvihill:

The others look okay.

Did you actually test them with a multimeter or just rely on a visual inspection? A visual inspection might not always reveal a blown fuse.

#3 7 years ago

Visual. (With my little knowledge) The Playfield fuse and 5 amp solinoid were the only two I thought would be associated.....

#4 7 years ago

Use switch test to verify proper playfield switch functions or that the switch matrix has been blown to smithereens.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Use switch test to verify proper playfield switch functions or that the switch matrix has been blown to smithereens.

I will check when I get home. I should mention drop targets collect points on game. I would hope that means it's not blown to smitherines......:/

#6 7 years ago

did switch test. display told me "28". that's the farthest right drop down target. (the last in line that works )(only drop downs collect points.)

im reading up on switch matrix (a new problem to me).

if anyone has any hints thatd be awesome.

-barry

#7 7 years ago

alright i read on http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ballyss/rep/index3.htm that all switches lead to MPU board's J2 connector.

completely newbie mistake. that connector was being tugged down and not fully connected. plugged in playfield works again.

switch test still reads "28" which confuses me, as does the pop sound i heard when high voltage finally kicked in.

holdin my breath but looks like its fixed.

thank you all for the info. it taught me a bit about the switch matrix. i appreciate the help.

-barry.

#8 7 years ago

If the drop target is down that switch will show closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 169.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trident-solinoids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.