So I am currently in the process of setting a new company/side gig. I posted the other day about toying with the idea of doing a boutique type custom pinball company doing one offs for customers as requested. The issue with the one offs is licensing, etc. I don't want to have to deal with all that or the headache. After discussing with another on pinside, I have another plan that I believe will be great for the community.
I plan to offer DIY Hombrew kits for individuals that want to create their own pinball, theme, etc but are afraid that they don't have the knowledge to get started. The current plan is to offer the following:
- Cobrapin Pinball Controller: Pre-programmed with all the basic coils, switches. Can be customized if requested and will come with a premade wiring diagram for easy wiring. Idea is to have different options for preprogrammed screens but may come with a basic DMD preconfigured and then support with customizing if needed
- Pre-Cut playfield: Whitewood with flipper, slings, lower lane switches, shooter lane already cut
- Mechanics: Flippers, Slings, Pops, Switches would all come with a basic package which can be customized to fit the users needs
- 3D printed Jigs: Printed jigs for different size inserts, pops, etc. Used to mark areas for user to cut out or mark spots.
- Additional offerings such as cabinet, cutting new playfields from provided eps files, etc.
I plan to create a store on pinside (may make my own website) once I have some more details ironed out and pricing setup. I have already spoke to a few different outlets and am very confident on being able to acquire all the parts and have turn around time for shipping fairly quick (2-3 weeks). I have an idea on a price for the basic package but want to make sure I am considering everything. I would also plan to setup either a slack group, forum or discord for building a community for helping users with issues. As with my custom build, I am always open to suggestions, ideas, feedback, and criticism.
Trident pinball will be name for now, as I love greek mythology and figured a cheesy tag line "Putting the power of the Pinball Gods in your hands"
**Kit is available now**