(Topic ID: 182196)

Trident displays

By BarryMulvihill

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Displays stopped working. All fuses are good. I can only assume it's some wire that's loose. Any leads as to which one? I've followed display wires to their connectors. All seems good. I'm obviously missing something.
Thanks in advance.
-barry

#2 7 years ago

You are missing something... The voltage that runs the displays.

#3 7 years ago

Can you elaborate on where to check snyper2099 ? I'm still becoming familiar with SS :/
Transformer to power board to displays? Would that be correct and a wire is loose somewhere?
Sorry I'm inept still learning....

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from BarryMulvihill:

Can you elaborate on where to check snyper2099 ? I'm still becoming familiar with SS :/
Transformer to power board to displays? Would that be correct and a wire is loose somewhere?
Sorry I'm inept still learning....

It is probably not as simple as a loose wire, those displays run off a high voltage power supply in the backbox. That circuit is probably the culprit see the link Atari_Daze provided above.

#6 7 years ago

There's test points on the displays, check the schematics for which points are 170VDC and GND and see if you've got voltage. If not, go check the TPs on the driver board

3 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

got a high voltage kit and replaced all parts. displays work now

c26 had a big bulge on one side. pretty old i assume. im glad it didnt explode.

i had tried only replacing some parts at a time. (c26 first, then resistors that looked funky, then all transistors...)
it took replacing all parts before it worked. a lesson against laziness lol.

thank you all for the info. it lead me in the right direction.

-barry

3 weeks later
#8 7 years ago

Thank you for posting the resolution to help others in the future!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trident-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.