By Pixelgrunt

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tribble wont stop.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I bought a Data East Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends a few months ago, and everything has been great. Lately however, the tri-ball just won't end. As balls drain, they are immediately served back into play. The first time this happened, it was fun for the first 15 minutes or so, but it just never stopped. I had to power off the machine.

At first, I tried to set Adj. 49- Rerace Condition to EXHARD, but that didn't make a difference. Then, I tried a full factory reset, but it didn't make a change the behavior either (and I lost my high scores). Has anyone seen anything similar? Can anyone tell me if this is a program/ROM error, or is it a mechanical failure or adjustment?

Thanks in advance.

#2 9 years ago

The three "hat trick targets" on the left side will re-launch a ball if you hit all three, check those switches, they might be stuck on, is hat trick almost always lit?

#3 9 years ago

I was wondering if there was a problem with the trough switches. One idea is to cycle though each switch and verify that it is working in switch test.

#4 9 years ago

Yea there's a switch test on Data east . I would check your trough switches I would also give the
Lay field a few bangs on switch test and see what's triggers . Just a thought

#5 9 years ago

Sorry.... I thought I read (( "Tribble" won't stop ))

tribble wont stop.jpgtribble wont stop.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Wow! Thanks for the prompt responses everyone! I made the post last last night, and was pleasantly surprised to see a few good suggestions when I woke up this morning.

I will check the hat trick target switches first. I don't believe they were reacting improperly, but that's an easy place to start. I've seen the option to perform a switch test in the service mode, but haven't done one yet. I'll find out how to do that today as well.

Thanks again everyone. I'll post results as soon as I get the time to act on these tips.

#7 9 years ago

Hooray! It's fixed. Triball ends now.

I used the switch test to check the hat trick targets first, since that was nice and easy. They all seemed to work just fine, so I started manually testing the trough switches. Left and center worked fine, but the metal switch for the right trough switch somehow lodged itself atop a small finishing nail (see pic**). I pulled the nail out, and could then trigger the "trough #3 right" switch properly. I immediately put it back together and tested triball, and IT ENDED!

Does anyone know why the nail may have been there?

Thanks again everyone!

** I tried to add the image to this post, but it's failing for some reason. I have a link to the pic here: http://i.imgur.com/LAonhqe.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
3,900 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/triball-wont-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.