• YES, and I am going back there again 0 votes

(20 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
20150717_172802.jpg
20150717_170228.jpg

#1 8 years ago

So Trent Augenstein comes over today to fix an issue on my Medieval Madness and we decide to play a couple of friendly games to check it out. I end up beating him 18 million to 14 million. Mind you he was testing the replaced components and I was trying, but still a win over a Top 5 player is a win over a Top 5 player. So then he had some time so I asked him to show me some tips and strategies on my LOTR LE. Ball one he drained faster than I usually do and only had 140,000 score. BALL 2 HE ROCKED ALL THE TO VALINOR!!! He did have a couple of extra balls in there but it was a thing of beauty. I was asking him questions at the start and then I realized he was really getting deep into the game objectives and so at one point I said, "Hey you could make it Valinor." He said, "Yeah, I might." So I shut my mouth and got out my phone and got it on video. I asked him when it was over how many times he had made it before and he said maybe 2 or 3. This was one game to show me a few tips. I got a full-on tutorial and a display of skill that was unbelievable. Game time 75 minutes. Final score was 725.3 million. I am still in awe...
20150717_172802.jpg20150717_172802.jpg20150717_170228.jpg20150717_170228.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Wow. Just. Wow.

#3 8 years ago

And he even had time to take my call.
What a bad ass !

#5 8 years ago

Precious.

#7 8 years ago

Great story!

#8 8 years ago

So the real question - are you going to pull the batteries or leave the GC score?

#9 8 years ago

Leave it on as something to shoot for - or - keep it on there so when people say the game is too hard I can say, "Well, Trent didn't seem to think so as you can see he put up 725.3 million and made it to Valinor on the second ball."

#10 8 years ago

I get to play against him in a tournament this Sunday. Good thing LOTR isn't in the lineup

#11 8 years ago

Bravo

#12 8 years ago

Did he charge you for the extra 75 minutes?

#13 8 years ago

Its like that ever league night...and by that I mean I beat Trent...or he walaps ms.....

#14 8 years ago

wow. i only play lotr on location but im happy if i get like 30 mill haha. sweet story. I would leave the score on there for sure. i leave all the hs on the games i get and try to beat them, took me like 9 months to beat the previous owners pinbot score I always get nervous im gonna roll the scoreboard with bonus points on my last ball haha

#15 8 years ago

That dude HACKed your game.
Just kidding; trent's a good guy. He'd proudly kick my arse in everything we played.

#16 8 years ago

This really helped refresh some great memories for me. (It is amazing how much information gets pushed out of the brain)

More than 10 years ago back before everyone in the universe had a smartphone, I had a similar experience where I reached Valinor on ball one (with extras). As it was happening, I recall yelling wildly for my wife to grab the camera-it was one of those that used a 3-1/2" floppy disk. She did and we recorded it in our book of personal best, which I do have a photo of FWIW-attached below.

(Who knows what floppy disk the DMD photos are stored on, or if we even still have it, or if it still readable )

Interestingly, in reading our scribbles, I can see I finally reached Valinor the first time on June 3, 2005, about 1 year after ownership-my first ever NIB game! The book shows I reached Valinor again about a week later on June 11, 2005- on ball one. This was back on the day when basically SDMEWM and Valinor represented to many (and me) the pinnacle of wizard mode difficulty.

But the coolest thing for me is that this story about Trent inspired me to dig up and look in this book from ages ago and see progress my then not quite 6 year old son was making. I can see in July 2004 he was scoring 52 MIL, won TTT multiball and lit DTR and that he beat my DTR time back when-at 6!

Nowadays everything is captured on a device at any instant. It seems that the internet is where things are written down moreso than books. I am obviously just as guilty.

Anyway, sorry to derail. Good job to Trent! He is a fantastic player!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Trent #1 was fixing MM while Trent #2 was getting to Valinor. Mind blown!

#18 8 years ago

Bump for added a poll

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trent-gets-to-valinor-on-ball-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.