Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bring a game to a show?”

• Hell no! 137 votes
      57%
    • Yes it’s expected to be roughed up a little 46 votes
      19%
    • Yes 58 votes
      24%

(241 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D01C1135-A277-4873-8C08-CA02D263587B.gif
    D2A19319-8321-4175-8B19-E27D563D5ECB (resized).jpeg
    FC2059B3-3CE5-46C0-9467-09AC3F645682 (resized).png
    C4F58FA8-353E-44EE-9323-A3DEBD0FBB26 (resized).jpeg
    pinball-smash (resized).jpg
    Blank+_09a62ff6b24f5d04cc654c6f7fee3506 (resized).jpg
    9EF9C5BC-9691-4BF5-8BE4-89D7A643EE15 (resized).jpeg
    7E147BB8-8DFB-497F-B215-52A40C58CFC7 (resized).jpeg
    2 (resized).jpg
    E121FA88-73B4-4E41-A778-3AAE37354A01 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3766 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfre81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago

It seems simple if you weren't raised by savages. Respect other people's stuff.

Pinball machines are built to withstand shaking, within a reasonable range. Nudging is as much a part of the game as outlane drains. Some tables even leave the factory with shaker motors.

Picking up the cabinet and slamming it on the ground is not in that reasonable range. Nor is beating on or kicking the coin box. Those people should be kicked out of and banned from a pinball location, to say nothing of these shows and festivals.

If it wasn't for these heathens, I might actually expect to find some good pins on location, so that it's not like finding the needle in the haystack when you see one on which everything works.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Someone saw my Space Shuttle several years ago get picked up and dropped on it's front legs.

He thought when the game said "liftoff" it was a command.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

So I should stop carving my score and initials on the side of games.
    Damn you guys are a bunch of buzz kills

No big deal, it'll buff right out.

#98 5 years ago

The worst I've done is rotated a table (typically one of the more recent lightweight Sterns) a good 12 degrees to the left trying to shimmy-save an outlane ball. No picking up anything. No karate practice on the box.

If you're not nudging, you're not trying as they say. Might as well play pachinko. But there are acts of playing pinball and acts of vandalism.

Thanks to the people who route their pins and/or bring them to shows, and keep them playing through it all.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You mean death save? That's a no-no.

What I described actually happened on my very first game of Ghostbusters, when I found out the table doesn't weigh as much as it looks. Would never happen on, say, the Dialed In! I tried out elsewhere a few days later. That thing feels like a tank.

The way GB drains, I don't see how anyone can play without a good shove or two.

#124 5 years ago

The shows are great for collectors and people who just want to play games they may never see anywhere else.

Besides, what's the point in spending hundreds to thousands lovingly restoring what had been a 30-year-old piece of junk, probably unloaded for peanuts by its original owner-operator, if it's never going to leave your house?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfre81.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treatment-of-games-at-pinball-show-by-some-attendees-?tu=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.