Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bring a game to a show?”

• Hell no! 137 votes
      57%
    • Yes it’s expected to be roughed up a little 46 votes
      19%
    • Yes 58 votes
      24%

(241 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D01C1135-A277-4873-8C08-CA02D263587B.gif
    D2A19319-8321-4175-8B19-E27D563D5ECB (resized).jpeg
    FC2059B3-3CE5-46C0-9467-09AC3F645682 (resized).png
    C4F58FA8-353E-44EE-9323-A3DEBD0FBB26 (resized).jpeg
    pinball-smash (resized).jpg
    Blank+_09a62ff6b24f5d04cc654c6f7fee3506 (resized).jpg
    9EF9C5BC-9691-4BF5-8BE4-89D7A643EE15 (resized).jpeg
    7E147BB8-8DFB-497F-B215-52A40C58CFC7 (resized).jpeg
    2 (resized).jpg
    E121FA88-73B4-4E41-A778-3AAE37354A01 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3766 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

I’ve seen someone pick a machine up from under the front of the cab, lift it about a foot off the ground off it’s legs and drop it after draining ball 3. I was appalled

Horrible! It’s the responsibility of those who run the shows to kick people out with no refund who do that. You don’t see stuff like that happening at TPF, for example (at least I haven’t).

If you want to contribute to a show but don’t want your game opened up to general population, your other option is to have it in the tournament section. They get treated better there.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

That being said, my Judge Dredd was used on the tournament lineup and there were some rage tilts going on with it during qualifying and it didn't bother me that much but only because it wasn't in pristine shape. If I had my TWD premium in there and people were doing that I'd probably flip out.

Another example of a weak tourney director. The tourney director needs to make sure people know they can’t do that and if they do they need to be shown they exit from the tourney area.

Show directors should take this stuff into account when selecting tourney directors and make sure the tourney director understands part of his job is to protect the machines in the tourney area and give jerks the boot.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rage tilts are just part of pinball; the cheaper they make them they are still commercial machines and can handle it.

Only a part of location Pinball. No one has ever raged tilted a game in my home for example...at least never in the ways being described here in this thread.

Games at shows should be more like home pinball and less like location Pinball. Ragers should be shown the door.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

I wouldn't say anything bad about the tournament director because it was two distinct players who did it when he was on a well deserved break. He's a great tournament director and you don't realize how good of a job he does until you play in other events/tournaments. I was surprised to see it get moved because it's a pretty heavy widebody.

Fair enough, the tourney director can’t be everywhere at once and they do need breaks also; agreed. The responsibility of protecting machines in the tourney area continues to go down hill though, when a tourney director goes on break whoever is there in his stead should be ready to kick someone out if they are lifting the game off its front feet and dumping it on the ground.

The IFPA should be notified and the person’s player profile should be given a permanent mark so future tourney directors know when someone who likes to damage machines enters their events so they know who to keep an eye on. If this happened you’d see a lot less abuse...

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's all what your history is...I came from commercial business side were you need to move the ball from a stuck position or not make monies. I didn;t have keys so there isn't much option then to shake the4 shit out of it. Pick up drop, it's been done. These machines get shipped cross sountry stadning on their legs for god sakes. People that are introduced in home ownership see it a little diff'rent.

Nonsense. Disrespecting someone’s game by raising it off the ground and smacking it down to the ground is simply not acceptable at a show, ever. If someone does something like that says, “I’m a location player so screw you and your game you over sensitive nit”...they are being a jerk and have a problem. A Pinball show and location Pinball are not the same thing.

Outlanes has the right of it.

Quoted from Outlanes:

I see a distinct difference between a for profit business and guys volunteering their machines for our shows. Repair is a cost of doing business, but for a guy bringing personal cherished machines abuse is just unacceptable.
    Normal wear sure, but this slamming stuff has to stop or no one will bring games.

The location owner can deduct the game, parts, labor, and many related expenses. It’s still wrong to treat their games like junk, but it is even worse to treat a collector’s game at a show like junk...they don’t make money off their machines and can’t deduct the repairs.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

As a joke? Maybe. If serious, rolling eyes.

If he was serious it would be even funnier...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treatment-of-games-at-pinball-show-by-some-attendees-?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.