(Topic ID: 17167)

TreasureCove

By golfpm

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

Allen at treasure cove has a decent reputation. Your post lacks all detail. I would recommend that no one takes this warning seriously based solely on this with nothing else provided.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah, you are going to need a little more than that in your first post to make anyone take you seriously. Not calling you a liar, but I'm sure you can understand how this lacks legitimacy.

#4 11 years ago

... I thought Treasure Cove was in Indiana?

#5 11 years ago

Most everyone knows Allen's reputation, I am sure he would rectify any situation like this swiftly, strange post indeed....

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from golfpm:

but parts installed correctly

I hate it when they install parts correctly....

#7 11 years ago

I mean....pinball will never be perfect. People can't get this through there thick heads!

I bet the machine is restored beautifully and this guy has a dang bulb out or two.....haha.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I mean....pinball will never be perfect. People can't get this through there thick heads!

I bet the machine is restored beautifully and this guy has a dang bulb out or two.....haha.

He should really just contact them, if it is a legit concern I am sure it can be worked out.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

golfpm said:but parts installed correctly
    I hate it when they install parts correctly....

Haha....nice catch! I didn't even notice that beautiful type o.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from golfpm:

They are located in TN.

I'm not sure which TreasureCove you are referring to, but Allen Shope's company is nowhere near TN. It's located in Jeffersonville, IN, just across the river from Loiusville. At any rate, now that Allen is a member here on Pinside, I'm hoping he'll chime in soon to clear up this whole mess.

#11 11 years ago

Well I am happy with my TZ and I have put on about 250 games since it arrive on May 10th. Sure it needed a few adjustments after a long trip to Alaska, but overall it plays great and looks way better in person. In fact my fiance' who lives with me was so against this purchase until she saw it and played it. She loves it and said it is a "piece of art."

Allen drilled the 3rd magnet hole and made the PF in that area look factory. The 3rd mag works great, he had to rewire it since the Pinbits optos did not work correctly. With all the mods I had him install it does not look cluttered in the least bit. Everyone that has played this pin has been impressed by it.

http://treasure-cove.net/Twilight%20Zone_AP.htm

What title did you buy from him? Any specifics as far as incorrect part install/ mods not working? Did you contact Allen and what was his response?

He always answered my questions and concerns in a timely manner. There is a small line / scratch on the right side cab decal (see last pic on the link) and he gave me $200 off since it happened while he was in the hospital. The game was bumped by accident in his garage. I would have never noticed the damage without him telling me about it. I had to look really hard to see the touched up area- it is very miniscule. Allen felt bad that the game was no longer perfect and informed me to what happened. He was honest and forthright with me during the 10 months it took from me first placing my order to the day the game arrived to its new home.

#12 11 years ago

My experience with Treasurecove was pretty positive. I friend of mine bought a game from them 3-4 years ago, and I helped him de-box and inspect it. The only complaint we had was that it was very expensive. Everything was working, clean, restored and wiring harnesses very orderly. Since the price was known to my friend up front, it wasn't as though he was in any way disappointed with the process.

Do you have an auction number as reference ? Also +1 to the people saying TC is located in Indiana...

#13 11 years ago

I was over there with my buddy picking up one of their cleaning and polish kits. Really nice guys. They were working on three MMs all in various states. Awesome to see .1% of all MMs.

#14 11 years ago

Sounds like it's someone in TN posing as Treasure Cove. Interesting idea. I swear it wasn't me!

#15 11 years ago

I bought a JP from Alan 5+ years ago & had 0 problems.

A board burnt up 4 years later but I dont think he's to blame

#16 11 years ago

GOLFPM you just joined pinside today and post about a complaint with no other info or details only that you felt you were "wronged". Details plz.

#17 11 years ago

I think TC have a good reputation, I bought some stuff from them long time ago, emailed them with questions ..etc were very helpful.

and I live thousands miles away lol,
    you gonna need more info/details to support your statement, also have you tried to contact them ?

#18 11 years ago

Not a very good first post. We want pictures and more details. One scuff on a boot is not harming a life long reputation. Best of luck and if there is a issue with your machine I hope you get it fixed and enjoy it.

#19 11 years ago

Always had good dealings with TC. Need more info. If someone in TN is selling crap under the TC name, that's something needs fixin.

#20 11 years ago

Lynching by an angry mob a commin'

#21 11 years ago

Hmm, this smells like a Troll to me. Without any kind of backup statement, this is just BS slander.

I haven't purchased any machines from Treasure-cove but I have purchased decals, pictures and their polishing kit and had 1st rate service.

Litz, I really need to come over and see that thing. I never knew half those mods existed.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Litz, I really need to come over and see that thing. I never knew half those mods existed.

Come over anytime after June 1st when I return from my dental village field trip up here in the interior.

I spent 3 months (July-Sept) researching every single mod out there for TZ and I think I found the best of the best. The transparent backboard really makes a huge difference since that area is usually dark and drab. I love playing it when the room is totally dark which is getting hard to do now unless I stay up late and the sun finally sets. The full set of CT SBs don't seem overly bright to me either. Maybe because there is hardly any GI lighting on this game to begin with. Flicker is non existent and if there is ghosting it is minimal due to the 9.4H ROM.

My MM w/ lighted dragon, Merlin, lighted trolls, LED archers, jousting knight on horseback, dragon topper, the princess up in tower, shaker motor and blackout board looks empty- and the stock TAFG looks really vacant. Plus they both seem soooo skinny after playing this widebody.

#23 11 years ago

Yeah, there are a few mods I think must go in the TAF or it looks spartan. Those are the Vault, Train and Fester. I prefer superbrites in the inserts of my pins.

You have your work cut out for you doing dental work in the villages.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Well I am happy with my TZ and I have put on about 250 games since it arrive on May 10th. Sure it needed a few adjustments after a long trip to Alaska, but overall it plays great and looks way better in person. In fact my fiance' who lives with me was so against this purchase until she saw it and played it. She loves it and said it is a "piece of art."

http://treasure-cove.net/Twilight%20Zone_AP.htm

that is an awesome TZ

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from golfpm:

Warning: I purchased a pinball machine from TreasureCove. Paid a fortune for the resotration and game. Game arrived with many problems. Lets assume it was shipping for a minute - but parts installed correctly, upgrades not functioning correctly, etc. Stay away from these guys. They are located in TN.

Warning: I call BS

#26 11 years ago

What happens brosuff, tell us more !

#27 11 years ago

I say BS too. The fact that the OP has not chimed back in leads to the assumption as well. Not to mention the location being off if it is the TC we all know of.

#28 11 years ago

Well, it has been 24 hours and the guy hasn't given any more details. It is obvious to me this guy is just a troll. I am super surprised nobody has just slammed him. Closing this thread because it is BS and doesn't warrant any more discussion. Treasure Cove is a very reputable company.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasurecove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.