Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hlaj78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20170111_200429247 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170113_205516741 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170113_205452583 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Well got my Rapid Fire home. Purchased in a storage locker auction. No keys... When loading the machine and standing on end, heard a bunch if coins drop. Was thinking jackpot of quarters. But here is what I found drilling the lock...are these worth anything? Maybe just a great time for my kids at Chuckie Cheese? Anyone have an idea? Must be over 400 of them.

IMG_20170113_205452583 (resized).jpgIMG_20170113_205452583 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170113_205516741 (resized).jpgIMG_20170113_205516741 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170111_200429247 (resized).jpgIMG_20170111_200429247 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I would keep the pinball ones. And see if the other's work at the car wash.

#3 7 years ago

As long as Chucky Cheese doesn't have an attitude about you using tokens from somewhere else.

If they call the police, it is called theft of services.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

Measure the thickness and diameter, get some coin mechs that work with that size and use them in your game room.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Measure the thickness and diameter, get some coin mechs that work with that size and use them in your game room.

Yeah, that is a thought

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

Don't get caught trying to use those for money. You will be prosecuted and the judge will pass a very bad sentence.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikat11:

Don't get caught trying to use those for money. You will be prosecuted and the judge will pass a very bad sentence.

Alot of car washes around here take tokens.

#8 7 years ago

Not those tokens!

#9 7 years ago

The car washes around here take cash and cards

#10 7 years ago

So by weight, 390 pinball tokens and 396 misc tokens (mostly eagles) I do like the idea of finding coin mechs and using the pinball tokens here in my game room. Need some sort of Despenser.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

So by weight, 390 pinball tokens and 396 misc tokens (mostly eagles) I do like the idea of finding coin mechs and using the pinball tokens here in my game room. Need some sort of Despenser.

Call some local operators and see if they have any Rowe quarter changer machines!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

what so I get stuck with them . lol . I'm in the car wash bus.

#13 7 years ago

Maybe the "No Cash Value" could be a clue as to what they may be worth.

2 weeks later
    #14 7 years ago

Just wanted to publicly thank 5280wzrd for an act of kindness! I saw those tokens in his post and thought it would be neat to have one just to place on my EM as back in the 70's we used to use some kind of marker on top of the quarter to let others know 'I'm' up next and keep track of where I was in line. It was crazy back then the amount of players waiting in line so that's what we'd do to keep track. And to boot the name of the arcade was Pinball Palace.

So he was kind enough to send me one(which he actually sent two) but I received an empty envelope. : ( They either escaped or somebody was interested in contents. I think they just worked there way out.

So I wrote him back and told him what happened and thanked him. But nooooo, he was determined to get them to me : ) and asked if I had any ideas. I told him to tape between cardboard and send and I received them intact. I polished them all up and I think they may actually be gold! ; ) A lot shinier thank pic shows. Thank you kindly 5280wzrd. Nice little reminder for me of my teener days.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#15 7 years ago

if u have a extra Ill take a pinball palace one. very cool

#16 7 years ago

I had access to free tokens back in the day .... FUN FACT if you smash them with a sledge hammer they would work in older coke machines.

#17 7 years ago

I thought by the title, a pinball was pulled up on Oak Island!

Great find!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I thought by the title, a pinball was pulled up on Oak Island!
    Great find!

Could it be?! A King Kong pin?! 180 feet under Oak Island?!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Thank you kindly 5280wzrd. Nice little reminder for me of my teener days.

Glad to see they made it and polished up nice.

#20 7 years ago

Is there a way to modify the existing coin mechs in machines to accept tokens or do you need to buy new mechanisms and replace them?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Is there a way to modify the existing coin mechs in machines to accept tokens

You can bend the moving parts a little if close to the same size.

LTG : )

#22 7 years ago

I'm addicted to oak island

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-found-maybe?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.