Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So I just used the treasure cove kit on a playfield and very happy with the results; I am just wondering; should I apply a coat of blitz wax also? I am putting it on location and would like to keep it top notch. I have read that blitz wax is one of the hardest (and best) waxes, so even thou I used the treasure cove kit, should I go above and beyond???

#4 9 years ago

I'm half tempted to spend the $80 for the treasure cove kit.

Can't the buffer pads be purchased at a hardware store though? Use a little novus, etc?

#5 9 years ago

well, if you are like me... I didn't take the best care of the pads, washing after etc... but the kit.... MAN I feel it is totally worth it. I have cleaned at least 6 games and still have lots of product left.. people are astonished seeing before and after.... I will always have treasure cove in my garage.. I do need new pads thou... Treasure Cove should offer a new pad kit without the product... I would be in.. I should check their website....

#6 9 years ago

You can find other compounds and pads that will work, but a big part of what you are paying for here is the fact that TC has already done the hard work for you - figuring out what is safe, what works best, etc.

#7 9 years ago

Nothing against TC, but I've had excellent results with various Meguair's products and the drill buffer kit from Amazon.

#8 9 years ago

I've used TC with good results. Then a good coat or two pure caranuba and rooool on.

side note: I have had the TC kit about 18 months, always in a climate controlled area, but after the first six months my #1 and #3 compounds seperated and turned watery, the #2 stayed good. Anybody else have this problem?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

but after the first six months my #1 and #3 compounds seperated and turned watery, the #2 stayed good. Anybody else have this problem?

Absolutely. Happened 2 times to me so I stopped using it.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Nothing against TC, but I've had excellent results with various Meguair's products and the drill buffer kit from Amazon.

Could you post some links of the products?

Thanks!!

#11 9 years ago

YAH, all I found on amazon was a drill kit that had four buffing pads for $80.00 that's too much!!!!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

I've used TC with good results. Then a good coat or two pure caranuba and rooool on.
    side note: I have had the TC kit about 18 months, always in a climate controlled area, but after the first six months my #1 and #3 compounds seperated and turned watery, the #2 stayed good. Anybody else have this problem?

Should this mean you should just shake up the product to remix it?

#15 9 years ago

used the TC kit on my NGG and I must say it was awesome. Could I have found another way? I guess, but like JWjr. said, they did the leg work for us.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from OCD_pinball:

but after the first six months my #1 and #3 compounds seperated and turned watery, the #2 stayed good. Anybody else have this problem?

I had the same issue. Wound up tossing it and never went back. Use 3M and Meguairs products now.

Quoted from Deez:

Could you post some links of the products?
    Thanks!!

This is what I use:
    Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 80 Diamond Cut Compound 2.0
    3M 06064 Perfect-It Machine Polish
    3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

All available on Amazon in larger bottles then TC and cheaper, at least when I purchased them, in price!

#17 9 years ago

SO I FOUND A SUPPLIER SIMILIAR TO HF AROUND WHERE I LIVE... MY CONCERN IS WHAT MATERIAL IS GOOD TO USE FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT TREASCURE COVE STEPS. NONE OF THE ADVERTISING STIPULATE WHAT MATERIAL THE BUFFERS ARE... also a side note I am not "yelling" I am just at work, and use caps all the time....

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Should this mean you should just shake up the product to remix it?

Naw that doesn't work in my experience. The mixture completely breaks down and separates.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-coved-now-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.