Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

After2.JPG
    After1.JPG
    Before2.JPG
    Before1.JPG
    #1 13 years ago

This stuff is awesome. It took my dull, worn and grungy playfield and made it all shiny. I am impressed. This gets the Clubber's seal of approval.

Here are the before pics. This is after a real good rub down with Novus1 to get it as clean as I could so I wouldn't grind in dirt.

Before1.JPGBefore1.JPG Before2.JPGBefore2.JPG

The after pics are before I applied any wax. Kinda hard to see but no sign of dirt, shiny, and all but the deepest ball tracks removed. I used two passes of each grit with an extra pass of #3 at the worst spots.

After1.JPGAfter1.JPG After2.JPGAfter2.JPG

Now for 3 good coats of wax and a run over by the buffer.

#2 13 years ago

Cleaned up very nice SC....Looks like a lot of work.

#3 13 years ago

Thanks.
    Oh my that is a PITA to take apart. Made my IJ seem easy. Like peeling an onion. Parts on top of parts on top of parts. Took me a couple of days to get it apart and cleaned. Now I just hope I can get it back together again.

#4 13 years ago

Sounds like it was a pain cleaning your Corvette. One day, I'll invite you over to help clean my WhiteWater, SC. You will have a good time with the plastic ramp mess.

#5 13 years ago

Looks great. Looks like a new p/f. I have seen this on there web site. I see it works good. Im sold(will order the kit). thanks

#6 13 years ago

I also use it and am happy with the results.

#7 13 years ago

I've heard nothing but great things about Treasure Cove. They are supposed to be top notch when it comes to restorations.

#8 13 years ago

I'm dying to see SC's Corvette when its all shopped out with the engine mod.

#9 13 years ago

Still waiting on the rest of the parts before I can finish putting the ramps in and play it.
    The engine mod is one long piece of light emitting tubing which wires into the flasher for the engine. Once doing this mod, you cannot go back to the regular wires without a new engine plastic since you have to drill a couple of holes bigger and superglue the wire in place.

#10 13 years ago

The wait is the killer. I'm still waiting on my new Creature mirror motor to arrive, in order to play my new pin.

For whatever stroke of luck, my hologram didn't turn blue or red, so it will be awesome once its working properly.

#11 13 years ago

Looks beautiful!! Well done...im still to scared to pull my playfield down like that

#12 13 years ago

I have striped and polished 2 play fields with the Treasure Cove kit, their kit is worth its weight in gold!

#13 13 years ago

You really learn your pins that way Danger. I know there is not a single screw missing anywhere on my pins. I also attribute a lot of my knowledge to tearing my pins down. This time last year, I barely knew how to open the backbox or lift the playfield. Now I can read a schematic and repair a circuit board.
    Just take a LOT of pictures, and group removed items together when they are located together on the playfield, preferably in a similar fashion to how they are placed on the playfield. Such as Flippers and slings on one end of the table and ramps at the other end.

#14 13 years ago

The digital camera is a godsend to the hobby of pinball care/maintanence (you will learn how to re-assemble things on your machine). Buying/finding yourself a cheap bucket to place your parts is the other part.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-cove-polishing-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.