(Topic ID: 81820)

Treasure Cove 1/Light cut 1 alternative?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

I feel like if this is happening TC should stand behind their product. Glad that I saw this, will now know what not to order. For the price of it this shouldnt happen...

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Just to make sure no words are mis-taken here, below is what Allen said to me
    Those products are from 3M …
    Never heard of any problems, but anything is possible after a year or more…
    I don’t know if it’s useable or not , to be honest.
    I CAN GIVE YOU FREE SHIPPING OF YOU PURCAHSE A REPLACEMENT.

So free shipping if you bought more of a the product that will be messed up in the same way and is just a rebranded 3m product any way. Sounds legit. Now we just have to wait for the sleuths to figure out what 3m products these are...

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

So the treasure cove kit is relabeled 3m products? I guess I was naive and thought they made their own blend of stuff.

You were not naive, they said on their site they formulated it. That is really low...
    "We even formulated our own PowerCut compounds to do the job right, with the least work, while providing the highest possible shine."

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I used the TC kit once and switched to the 3M and Meguires products above and the end result is the same. The big difference is, when you purchase the 3M and Meguires products off of Amazon you will pay about the same as the TC kit BUT 3M comes in quart size and TC comes in 8 oz size! So if you go with 3M product you will get more for your money.
    In all fairness to TC the 3M polishes also separate over time. I contacted 3M about this and was advised "all polishing compounds will separate over time but if you shake it vigorously it will still be effective"!
    Lastly, if you go on ebay you can find the 3M polishing pads for less than most other places! The 3M pads last longer than the ones that TC sells.
    I hate to steer people away from TC as I would prefer to support a pinball business but if you can save cash and get better quality products (pads) it's hard not too!

Care to make a post about all of the products you use and order you used them? Im sure many would be grateful.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from ranchdrsn:

It could very well be a mix of multiple 3m products to create the formulation.

deceptive if that is what they really did... If that is the case I custom formulate alcoholic drinks all the time!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-cove-1light-cut-1-alternative?tu=syco54645 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.