(Topic ID: 81820)

Treasure Cove 1/Light cut 1 alternative?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My treasure cove powercut 1 has settled in the last few months. The top two layers I can shake back into mix, but there is a fine layer of something on the bottom that won't re-mix, so I'm not planning to use it.

I hate waiting for Treasure Cove to mail them a check, wait for him to process, and send it out to me.
    Pinrestore won't be carrying their light cut 1 any more, but recommended that I pick up an auto polish/swirl remover.

Any recommendations?

#2 10 years ago

Nudge. Anyone?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Noticed that on mine as well this past weekend...I flipped the bottle over to see if it will settle back down. I was kinda bummed seeing that too

Yep. I asked TC about it and he said he hadn't heard of it happening, but wasn't sure about products over a year old. Weird.

Was really looking to TC my TZ playfield.

1 month later
    #9 10 years ago

I picked up some swirl remover from autozone. Pretty sure it was Meguiars. Worked well for me actually!

#12 10 years ago

When I reached out to TC, he actually said to me that he had never heard of it separating, but he didn't know since he had never heard of anyone leaving it sitting for a few months. Little surprised by that.

He did offer to send me a replacement (i'd pay for it) but with free shipping. I didn't want to bother.

#15 10 years ago

Just to make sure no words are mis-taken here, below is what Allen said to me

Those products are from 3M …
    Never heard of any problems, but anything is possible after a year or more…
    I don’t know if it’s useable or not , to be honest.

I CAN GIVE YOU FREE SHIPPING OF YOU PURCAHSE A REPLACEMENT.

2 months later
    #35 9 years ago

Just figured I'd bump this again to see if any new opinions have come out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-cove-1light-cut-1-alternative?tu=njgecko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.