(Topic ID: 81820)

Treasure Cove 1/Light cut 1 alternative?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 80 Diamond Cut Compound
    3M 06064 Perfect-It Machine Polish
    3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish
    and for routine cleaning ......
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

I originally purchased the Treasure Cove kits but found the 3M products are great and cheaper than TC. Not certain what TC uses as I assume they're just repackaging their product but I have seen other polishes separate over time.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

"We even formulated our own PowerCut compounds to do the job right, with the least work, while providing the highest possible shine."

I used the TC kit once and switched to the 3M and Meguires products above and the end result is the same. The big difference is, when you purchase the 3M and Meguires products off of Amazon you will pay about the same as the TC kit BUT 3M comes in quart size and TC comes in 8 oz size! So if you go with 3M product you will get more for your money.

In all fairness to TC the 3M polishes also separate over time. I contacted 3M about this and was advised "all polishing compounds will separate over time but if you shake it vigorously it will still be effective"!

Lastly, if you go on ebay you can find the 3M polishing pads for less than most other places! The 3M pads last longer than the ones that TC sells.

I hate to steer people away from TC as I would prefer to support a pinball business but if you can save cash and get better quality products (pads) it's hard not too!

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Care to make a post about all of the products you use and order you used them? Im sure many would be grateful.

The order in which I posted them above is the order I use them in
    "Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 80 Diamond Cut Compound
    3M 06064 Perfect-It Machine Polish
    3M 06068 Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish
    and for routine cleaning ......
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer"

I don't have a lot of experience with other products as the only other products I have used is Novus, TC and a Carnauba wax. I felt using Novus did a nice job but when it came to doing machines with heavier dirt on it, it just didn't clean it good enough. This is what prompted me to try the TC kit. I really like the results with this kit but the price was, I felt, too high so it made me look for other products. I was referred to the Meguiar's and 3M products by someone who works with them exclusively. I get the same results as TC so thus the reason I switched over.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

I found this product to be greasy . Like using Pledge . But if it works for you . I only use it on the side art. And stay away from the flipper button areas as it makes them sticky.

I never had this issue. When I use it I spray a micro fiber towel with it and then wipe. When it comes to spraying a playfield with anything liquid I hate to spray directly on it as I can't control where the spray is going. Now that you said this though I will look closer the next time I use it so thanks for the input!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

Some expensive stuff - is it that much better than novus?

Expensive, a little bit but if you're buying TC you're buying 8oz bottles so purchasing the 3M stuff actually is cheaper as you're getting qt. IMO this stuff is a lot better than the Novus but to each their own!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

was going to order the 3m product today...does anyone have the link to where I can get new pads that fit the velcro adapter that came with the TC kit?

The 3M pads will work with the adapter that came with the TC kit as it's also a "hookit" Disc Pad! When I purchase my stuff last year I found a guy selling the pads on ebay cheaper than anywhere else I could get them. The polishes I ordered through Amazon as it was the cheapest at that time. Do a little looking around or if price doesnt matter order everything off Amazon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/treasure-cove-1light-cut-1-alternative?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.