Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys, I was wondering who is planning on going to PAPA this year and how you were getting there. Honestly, I would love to go, but am not sure if I will have the funds for it. I know a plane is pretty much off the table as the ticket would be too expensive. I'm looking into taking a bus, which would be last resort due to how long the travel would take.

I know this is a complete long shot, but I was curious if there is anyone roadtripping to PAPA this year and may be willing to take someone with them. Of course I would be willing to help out with the gas and all that. I just don't have a car that would make the trip.

I understand if no one is actually doing this, but I thought I would at least see if anyone is. If not, I may still consider the bus ride, and would like to see if anyone would like to share a room up in Pittsburgh. I had to cancel my trip to the Texas Pinball Festival, which was a heart breaker. Watching the videos for PAPA 14 really makes me want to go and compete.

Thanks to anyone who reads this and anyone who provides any kind of help.

#2 11 years ago

Too busy this year. I'm planning a trip to either papa or pinburgh next year.

#3 11 years ago

I'm going...driving from NYC with bigehrl and friends.2 shows worth travelling for:PAPA and PPE.Scott

#4 11 years ago

I like the idea of PAPA just because it is free to get in, and it seems most of the machines are set to 50 cents which means I can play quite a bit for a while, if I chose not to compete. I was really bummed to miss the TPF just because all the machines were set on free play. I just couldn't find someone to go with me to that and I couldn't afford the hotel.

#5 11 years ago

I'll be going. Big 20 minute drive for me.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

I'll be going. Big 20 minute drive for me.

That's pretty convenient. Would be a 2000 mile drive back and forth. 16 hours one way. A bus would take about 25 hours, it seems.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Big 20 minute drive for me

+1. I was floored when I first made this discovery. It seemed like an unbelievable coincidence. I hope you can make it out, it's a chance to check out all those games you've only heard of.

#8 11 years ago

Does anyone know if the PAPA building had a Big Bang Bar before the flood? That was the only game I was hoping to play but didn't see there at Pinburgh this year (everything else I was hoping to play, they had).

#9 11 years ago

I don't know of them having ever had one, oddly enough. I do know of 3 BBB's in collections in the area, though.

#10 11 years ago

It crossed my mind until I looked at plane tickets from LAX. $500! Plus hotel and other costs and it becomes untenable.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from DanteBK:

It crossed my mind until I looked at plane tickets from LAX. $500! Plus hotel and other costs and it becomes untenable.

Best 500 bucks you'll spend. Hotels are not that expensive in the Burgh especially so if you branch out into the out laying burbs.

#12 11 years ago

Yeah, a plane ticket from my area is about $400, which is pretty much out of my price range. That's why I looked into buses, which would be about $200. If I had to pick a hotel, I would try to get one with a PAPA shuttle, that way I don't have to worry about travel to and from the event. That's why I'm hoping to maybe at least find someone willing to share a room. Right now I'm really not sure if I can attend. Depends on how many hours I get at work the next two months.

#13 11 years ago

I'm going this year, but cbus, OH to Pitts, Pa is a much shorter trip than your AR. Good luck on that ride!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from DanteBK:

I've been looking out for flights too as I AM going this year, but $500 would hurt. Hopefully they'll drop in the next few weeks. My Pinburgh flight from LAX was around $280, not bad at all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/traveling-to-papa-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.