2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi All

Will be traveling to pickup a game and wanted to hear if there were any great places to stay along the Bay, places to eat and things to do. Please weigh in. Keep in mind we are 60 ish so no rap concerts or major hikes!! Lol

Many thanks,

George...

#2 2 years ago

George,
    Not from Baltimore but have visited on more than one occasion - three recommendations:

Go to Camden Yards and catch an Orioles game if they are in town. Great atmosphere;
    If you like trains - Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum is unique place full of history;
    Go to one of the many Crab places (ask the locals which one) and of course order the Chesapeake Bay crab (watch a youtube video on how to eat)

Baltimore Harbor Place I find less interesting, more touristy and hit and miss on cleanliness.

#5 2 years ago

I’ve only visited Baltimore, but LP Steamers was exceptional if you are interested in crab. It’s low key, away from tourist spots. My wife and I are big foodies and loved it, but locals may have other/better recommendations. We also toured the USS constellation in the harbor. I recall tight spaces/stairs, but if that’s not a concern we found that really cool also.

#6 2 years ago

Thank you kindly all!!

#7 2 years ago

Baltimore like most cities you have to be careful driving / walking around at night. Stay in the Inner Harbor area as mentioned which Little Italy and Camden yards are basically a part of. If you’re up for driving a little south of Baltimore, Annapolis is a great visit for food, walking, shoping, and a night stay. Now if you’re up for a little further driving south/east of Baltimore say 1.5 hours and don’t mind spending a few more dollars, go across the Chesapeake Bay to St Michael’s, MD on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Beautiful Eastern shore MD town with fantastic food, shops, walking, and places to stay. Any dish featuring Maryland blue crab and or Rockfish (striped bass) will be good and fresh this time of year in Annapolis or St Michael’s. Also chicken or steak dishes with a crab imperial or topping are always good….blue crab is in season. It’ll be hot and humid this time of year so be prepared for that.

#8 2 years ago

Thank you sir

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/traveling-to-baltimore-md-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.