Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NC_Pin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C6C0670A-CDF7-4744-9FEB-1B60D4574094 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 1 year ago

My vote is the National White Water Rafting Center in Charlotte. You can walk the whole course. They have dozens of ziplines, rock climbing walls, kayak rentals, bike trains... and you can go whitewater rafting on a pretty insane manmade course.

For pinball... The Basement arcade in Concord is great... super clean. I do believe Abari is open...so that is another great option.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

My opinion might not match with locals... I am not particularly fond of Carolina style BBQ. Depending on what time you are in town, the Airborne and Special Operations museum is worth checking out. It is free admission with donations appreciated.
    https://www.asomf.org/
    For arcades, Stop_Button has a handful of pins (many that used to be mine ). The owner and I buy/sell/trade pretty regularly.

This is a good point. Carolina BBQ is different - it definitely isn't the same as Memphis or Texas. The issue is the sauce - around us it is mostly vinegar based. It is an acquired taste. The good news is that most places have memphis style red sauce just in case you are down with the local flavor.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/travel-charleston-sc-amp-charlotte-nc-ideas-wanted?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.