IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #163 Rubber Ring list from bestofpinball.de Posted by gismo31 (6 years ago)

Post #302 Link to Purchase new Reproduction Crossover Ramp. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #343 New Crossover Ramp in trans red, clear, and trans yellow. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #356 Crossover ramp diagram missing from manual. Posted by EdisonArcade (6 years ago)

Post #370 Crossover ramp hardware required. Posted by dozer1 (6 years ago)

Post #376 More ramp diagrams missing from the manual. Posted by provato (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Dedicated to the 1989 Bally/Williams release. Low production game...only 859 made...so club membership may be low! General discussion, mods, repro parts, tech...let's talk!

"GET ME OUTTA HERE!"

transporter_(resized).jpgtransporter_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#31 7 years ago

Just bringing the club up to speed:

Rick from Planetary Pinball found the original mold for the Transporter crossover ramp and claims that they are "about to run it". Good news, seeing as these things are always yellowed, busted and melted.

I'm compiling a list of those interested...just to add a little more incentive for these things to be built. Because, well, sometimes things from PPS just never seem to materialize for one reason or another. Can't wait to see these manufactured!

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 2
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1

9d9c6017a488b42a82f7dc8b4f62399e1ecaf04d (resized).jpg9d9c6017a488b42a82f7dc8b4f62399e1ecaf04d (resized).jpg

Info brought over from this old WTB thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-nos-crossover-ramp-for-transporter-the-rescue

#44 7 years ago

I need the plastic part...mine is melted through. It isn't a dealbreaker through, I can figure out some kind of hack. If the ramp gets made, I'm in.

00-pins (resized).jpg00-pins (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Whats even rarer than a NOS ramp is a NOS playfield

I've got one you can scan...but I sure as heck won't sell it. I don't have an upper PF though.

00-pins (resized).jpg00-pins (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

That's exactly what mine looks like.
On a side note, my upper ramp is also warped from heat damage right at the rollover switch, and I can't imagine how that ever happened since there no nearby lamps.

A seller on eBay had both plastic ramps (upper and right, both NOS) on eBay for quite some time. For reasonable prices too (considering unobtanium).

No crossover ramp though. I inquired.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Or a Complete HUO game

Can we get a picture of the design team info on the playfield under the right flipper? There were a few different types of playfields made. Mine has a sticker applied to it that names Greg Kmiec as one of the designers, rather than having his name printed right on the playfield. My NOS PF has him name printed directly.

Curious what your proto PF has.

2 weeks later
#59 7 years ago

Update to the crossover ramp interest list:

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 1
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
blubboman - 1
EdisonArcade - 1
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2

Still a long way to the magic number...

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's a pretty complex tool and a very large tool ... and missing some parts ... I could run some in a color as well, but no idea if that is blasphemy for you guys or not.

I agree with beepnutz, clear is the way to go. Too much going under underneath.

Just don't offer it in the colour "Nicotine Yellow", as most of us already have that colour on our games!

5 months later
#93 7 years ago

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 2
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
EdisonArcade - 2
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
blubboman - 2
Swainer80 - 1
impossible - 2
hank527 - 1
raysco - 2
PinsOnly - 1
Classic_Stern - 1

30 total so far.

1 week later
#95 7 years ago

IN FOR THE CROSSOVER
spiroagnew - 2
TecumsehPlissken - 2
dozer1 - 2
RussG - 1
Methos - 3
beepnutz - 1
chad - 2
EdisonArcade - 2
80spit - 1
d0 - 2
nats - 2
blubboman - 2
Swainer80 - 1
impossible - 2
hank527 - 1
raysco - 2
PinsOnly - 1
Classic_Stern - 1
MadMaxDad - 1
31 total so far.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

What is the magical number ? We talking 100 or 200. 30 seems very small. Might be time to build a custom that would look Bad A##.

Agree.

I think Rick was looking for 100 units of interest. An alternative may be needed even though the original tooling exists--Rick isn't in the business of goodwill...he's a businessman and needs to make a buck.

Even though this is an injection molded part, maybe Freeplay40 would have a solution here?

#105 7 years ago

Freeplay40 Any chance you do the bowl, too?

4 months later
#136 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I sent out the stp file from TecumsehPlissken and it came back at $153.20 per if we bought 150.

Fair price. I'd do my original two, or pay a bit more for a single unit as Fifty suggested. Would you get to inspect a sample unit before the whole run is produced? (sorry, I know nothing about manufacturing processes...)

And how's this for shitty luck: I found the entrance to my side ramp, below the crossover, is busted too! You can't see it all that well because it lies under the bowl, so I never noticed. It actually may be impeding the ball from making it up the ramp too!

3 weeks later
#145 6 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

no. it looks like full plastic.

What is the serial number of the game? If early in the run, maybe it was a prototype.

2 weeks later
#172 6 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

TTR crossover ramp update.
This morning I received this e-mail from Rick (PPS)
Dean … fyi we are working on getting the tool run, so will probably later this year, but we have a way to get the ramps done.
Rick
I replied with "Sweet! That sounds great Rick! Mind if I am the pinside leaker of that info? Thank you for keeping this ramp in mind. I think this news would really put some smiles on some faces. Dean
He replied that I could leak this, so here you go....

Rick's already promised to make this part. And then stated the mold was broken and fixing it would drive the price so high that it wouldn't make it profitable unless we could get at least 100 people.

I'd appreciate if those involved kept moving forward on getting this thing built independently of Rick and PPS. I respect the work Rick does, but lots of PPS promises don't come to fruition.

I'll support whichever process produces the best final product in a timely manner.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

maybe we should put this on the back burner and let the alternative source supply this.

The old "taking my ball and going home" attitude. Awesome. Not the first time we've seen this sort of attitude tear it's ugly head. I won't persue this further, at risk that you'll ACTUALLY shut this project down out of spite.

I'm glad pin-pimp has all the necessary things to get this project done properly...mad props for taking it on. I'll be following closely. I'm still in 100% to buy once complete.

2 weeks later
#229 6 years ago

I'll take a crossover ramp, crossover bowl cover, and an Orion (left) ramp. Clear would be best for me, But ill take whatever is available.

#236 6 years ago

No melting on my Orion ramp. It's just broken at the entrance.

1 week later
#267 6 years ago

Excellent work pin-pimp ! A new ramp cover is definitely in order now that this beauty is hitting production. Freeplay40 or @pin-pimp, is the clear ramp cover a project you will take on?

1 week later
#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks to Pinsider dozer1, I have the good examples of the other three vacuum formed pieces for Transporter. Since Kevin did such an awesome job on the injection molded ramp, I think I will make up the other three pieces to complete the plastic for this game.

You, sir, are a saint. Finally, a Freeplay40 project I'll be able to get in on! (All of your other projects were for games I didn't own.)

Also thanks to dozer1 for providing good examples to work from.

1 week later
#300 6 years ago

000-pins2 (resized).jpg000-pins2 (resized).jpg

#315 6 years ago

F*ck! Out of stock!

I'm pretty ashamed of myself: the creator of the Transporter appreciation thread couldn't get their hands on one of the initial offerings...

1 week later
#332 6 years ago

Back in stock at PPS at about 8am this morning and I was able to place an order. I just checked again now and PPS is showing that it is out of stock again.

4 months later
#405 6 years ago

It does look like it would clean up nice, but there's few unique parts missing: the apron, the ship cover, and the plastics are the few that jump out. Maybe find a nice working project game and restore this PF for an eventual swap?

I'm not sure your Road Kings would be a "drop-in" candidate. No interconnect, different power supply, etc.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally?tu=spiroagnew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.