IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #163 Rubber Ring list from bestofpinball.de Posted by gismo31 (6 years ago)

Post #302 Link to Purchase new Reproduction Crossover Ramp. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #343 New Crossover Ramp in trans red, clear, and trans yellow. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #356 Crossover ramp diagram missing from manual. Posted by EdisonArcade (6 years ago)

Post #370 Crossover ramp hardware required. Posted by dozer1 (6 years ago)

Post #376 More ramp diagrams missing from the manual. Posted by provato (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#568 4 years ago

Just making a mod announcement. M&M Creations began making repro MRS' in mid-2019, but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and we didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been slowly branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SWE1 and CC. MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. From that we modified the MRS to fit the CFTBL whirlpool so that one can remove the Cherry switch that the ball smacks as it rotates - this was a popular mod to do, using the original MRS, but now Creech owners could have an MRS that was custom fit. Well the same concept has been applied to the Transporter bowl - the results of which are in the pic below. Now, we colored that switch body GREEN for easier viewing - but in reality the switch is black. It is plug and play and is self-adhering to the bowl - in essence identical to what we've done with Creech. We wanted to hit the club up to gauge interest as we tool up to make a run of some of them.....you'll find plenty of testimonial on the Creech forum - and with the new ramps having been made - the timing is good. Just PM to be put on the list! Thanks!

Matt (Sonic) & Dan (Blubboman)

IMG_04561 (resized).jpgIMG_04561 (resized).jpg
#572 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

thats a neat idea, I'll take a closer look at my switch soon to see if the MRS would be a more beneficial add-on, I just put in a new switch in that bowl

It's a neat little mod that allows the ball to do it's thing in the bowl - Creech folks love it for the same reason - fun to watch the ball go 'round and round....plus the switch is contactless - thus long life span....

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#585 4 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Hey Transporter club, new member here, frickin' love this game!
I noticed that people were talking about the decals and I am in need of them, were they ever produced by Planetary? I need the drop target decals, the decal for the bowl and the left ramp decal, anyone have a lead on these? I know of 3 other owners locally that are also looking for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I recently ordered a full plastic set from Vbobrusev and they look good, I'll be installing them today, but pretty happy with them, colors are almost perfect, they look strong, solid. I'd recommend reaching out to him, I think he sells individual plastics as well as the full set. Shipping from Russia took some time but they arrived in good shape.
Thanks again for any help on the decals.
B

How's the bowl MRS working for you - meant to ask.....

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Sonic- Still haven't installed it yet, tracking down the last few parts I need before I strip this game down for a full cleaning/rerubber new ramps/mods etc.
doesn't look like the tape or adhesive was included so I guess I need to track down some industrial strength double sided tape.
I'll let you know and will post pics once it goes in so everyone here can see.
Thanks for following up!
B

My bad....it should be on there - I do include it - I may have forgotten to apply- my apologies! Any decent double sided tape will do....I use stuff to repair phone/tablet screens from 3M...

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Installed the bowl MRS switch and also a MRS switch on the left ramp for Transporter. I'm super excited to finish putting this back together and getting to play it. I'll let you know how it all turns out.[quoted image][quoted image]

I can'it wait!!

1 month later
1 month later
#609 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Some before and after pictures. Game from Greece, translite and boards from USA, apron decals from Spain, plastics from Russia, misc. parts from Germany, now located in Norway ... this is an international effort
8 layers of clearcoat really makes this game shine !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What? Where's the MRS in that bowl?

1 week later
#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Dumb question: what’s MRS?

Any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

4 weeks later
#625 3 years ago

July Special @ M&M Creations!!!

We are offering the Transporter bowl MRS for $20 (plus shipping) from now until the end of July 15th! Simply PM me. That's $10 off the regular price - sale ends noon (EST) on 7/15.

Thanks!

Matt & Dan

9 months later
11 months later
#732 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello Transporter owners.
Is it possible for one to take a picture of inside the
cabinet front section. I need the start button information.
1) Start switch screw length...
2) Yellow plastic start button
2a) length.
2b) internal spring/no internal spring. etc.
Many thanks and much kindly appreciated.

blubboman

7 months later
#762 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just following up in case this is helpful for anyone. I ended up getting my original MPU board repaired by the Coin-Op cauldron, and all is well now. Something on my rottendog board was the culprit for the wrong sounds being played.
On the rottendog board I replaced roms and the logic chips, nothing helped. I don't know what else could be wrong with the board. I did reach out to whoever owns rottendog's email address now - he gave me a few tips but in the end wasn't really helpful. My last email to them was a request for repairs, but received no response. Given this, I would caution buying anything from them unless you're a gambler.

Par for the course when it comes to RD boards - I tend to stay clear...for some - no issues - for others, nothing but....

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Does anyone repair rottendogs?

Most of the board repair guys do, yes...Hibler, Rob Anthony, Clive....

4 months later
#783 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Is Transporter suppose to have all carrot top flippers or is it suppose to have the williams on the bottom and carrot on the top or williams all the way around? I have seen it all three ways and would like to put the game back to factory. I see the flyer has them all carrot top but have seen where they changes to the williams flippers later in the run on some system 11's

All 3 are ribbed...or carrot top if you will....the bottom flippers are readily available...the upper flipper is only available through us over the last few years (it went out of manu some years back it would seem)

4 months later
#816 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

does anyone know a source for ordering the ramp and bowl decal? I was able to remove the ramp decal and could reuse the bowl decal needs replaced. Thanks in advance

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=61842684

I think Mikonos remade those...

4 months later
#843 87 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Maybe it’s getting a jackpot? I haven’t actually ever done that so maybe it is apart of that light show? For me it’s very difficult to knock down all 6 drops in order during multi all

Lining up to join the club this weekend...would love to hear good/bad from the group - beyond my own experiences....

#850 86 days ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Game is great! My only con is that the jackpot is pretty imbalanced without some ROM hacking/changes. Resetting to 500k sucks when it is a difficult to achieve one. I'm happy to walk you or anybody else through the ROM changes I did to change the value it resets at. Thanks to slochar for that.
The Xcelerator also progressively harder to increase to the 1M shot. On mine after 2-3 collects the timeout is too fast to make progress to collect more. I'd be interested to hear how many spins you get with an MRS switch.
I was getting some rejects from the transporter saucer and added some foam to the side there which helped the ball slow down enough to stick.

frisbez Shot you a PM....give me a call...

#851 81 days ago

I'm in!! Where's my jacket?

For the record, I had a gun pulled on me and my son, while trying to figure out which house we were going to to get it...

Matt

image(1) (resized).jpgimage(1) (resized).jpg
#853 81 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

where on earth did you go to get that?! Welcome to the club though!

Frankly, it was the best condition Transporter (unrestored) that I laid eyes on in, well, all my life....got it in Connecticut....guy owned for over 10 years...was very particular about originality - it's very, very unmolested....it was a risk reward deal - he wasn't too keen on details and such ahead of time (just his nature) but when I got there I was like - holy moly!

Matt

#856 78 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You serious!?
I feel like we need to hear this epic story

Well...had a little trouble finding the house - turned down the wrong driveway.... a 1/4mile long drive way and a lot of acreage - got halfway - and thought best not go further, don't think this is the place...turned around in the dark...skinny drive way - had to get a little on the grass...but didn't do any damage...got to the road - the guy was already behind me in his truck (like he was waiting at his picture window for something like this) and started freaking the f' out about driving on his lawn - brandishing a gun, screaming expletives (in front of my teenage son, no less)...it was ridiculous....never seen such aggression over absolutely nothing...can't imagine if I had driven all the way to the house...I may have been on the pommel horse!

#860 77 days ago

As I've been digging in to it - I realize it is the second time I was lucky with a System 11 I bought - the RAM was socketed from the factory (SOF was the other) which is very, very rare...so all this time - it had batteries - when a 5 minute job could've avoided potential disaster...it's NVRAM now...

But interesting...I know very little about the ROM revisions on Transporter....I know currently that Sound/Speech is L2 and Game is L3....everything in this pin is LA1 for the Game ROM and L1 for Speech/Sound (one chip noted as proto) ...no clue if upgrading would do much or not...very curious...

Matt

#861 77 days ago

<

Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I stared at the listing for this Transporter for a while. Distance was the biggest deterrent, but also space. Glad it found a good new home and nice to find out it was in even better shape than I thought! Enjoy!
PS: Glad the neighbor didn't do anything worse!

It was 11 1/2 hrs there, and because of the snow storm that lasted from CT to IN - it was 14hrs back....never again....this was the last time for that kind of drive...

1 week later
#865 70 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m so glad these turned out so nice. I did the illustrator work on these years ago. vbobrusev has done a stellar job printing these. Bally went nuts making so many plastics!

Ha...it was me that made the order! If anyone owns a Transporter - best to get a set before you can't any longer!

Matt

#866 69 days ago

Have a party today - got Transporter fully vetted since purchase and ready to play (all by 4:30 this morning...yawn!) Ended up with new ramps - the left/right original had damage - so made sense to replace them...and the new crossover the guy put in - he put oversized screws in and essentially ruined it...he also had some weird (totally didn't fit) non-Cliffy ramp protectors on the left ramp entrance that I was able to alter to be proper fit on the left ramp - that was kind of a lemons/lemonade thing....put LED's in the GI...titan rubbers, Wolffpac LED displays, got real lucky the RAM was factory socketed but it took 34 years for someone to realize that & NVRAM it (I just don't get that) ....properly gauged all leaf switches, put superior cab speaker in (and corrected the polarity mismatch which simply robs the bass), MRS'd the bowl (of course)...main thing was the ramp entrance gate wireform was missing....PBR still had some (it's on the way)....interesting thing will be - is that this Transporter has very, very early ROMS...everything is L1 (game/sound/music)....

Matt

#868 66 days ago

ROMs are on the way...but I got the PBR gate in and installed - makes you wonder where the original went...during the party I noticed 2 gameplay issues...both of which DDF took ample care of...the trough kickout to the shooter lane- there was some feeble application of a thick double sided tape to deaden the impact of the ball kickout - I guess this is a thing on some sys 11's...the ball kicks out too hard and goes back, it's interesting...just removed the tape and put a swatch of DDF in place...and similarly in the saucer/vuk - was getting a lot of pop-outs and back to the flippers...some DDF on the backstop and problem solved....

Matt

#869 65 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Do you have a pic of the stop with the foam?
I get a few rejects as well
Thanks

We (M&M Creations) offer the dead drop foam - which is a unique compound - for the backstops and other places in pins...just put some in my Transporter saucer...it's not neoprene, not sorbothane, not rubber...not anything you can normally buy from anywhere....FYI...

#870 61 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

I still have not been able to determine what jn game action causes the bridge flasher to activate.
Mine works in test mode, but i never see it flash during play. ?

For reference...Mike and I spoke last night...compared notes....he's running the current L3 ROMs...I have LA1 - presumably the original ROMs the game shipped with...in test mode, end of game light show and most importantly during game play when a ball is put into the saucer/vuk - my bridge flasher triggers/works...I guess we are curious if the L3 ROMs disabled the bridge flasher from game play - a simple test for anyone - just hit the ball into the saucer and see if the bridge flasher triggers...or simply wait for end of game...let us know..

Matt

#871 60 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

For reference...Mike and I spoke last night...compared notes....he's running the current L3 ROMs...I have LA1 - presumably the original ROMs the game shipped with...in test mode, end of game light show and most importantly during game play when a ball is put into the saucer/vuk - my bridge flasher triggers/works...I guess we are curious if the L3 ROMs disabled the bridge flasher from game play - a simple test for anyone - just hit the ball into the saucer and see if the bridge flasher triggers...or simply wait for end of game...let us know..
Matt

Compared notes with my biz partner Dan - he's running yet another undocumented ROM - LU3 - for his Transporter...the Bridge Flasher is not even an option in diagnostics...and does not work in gameplay at all...I guess the code was broken after LA1 and likely never revisited from Williams...

#872 60 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Compared notes with my biz partner Dan - he's running yet another undocumented ROM - LU3 - for his Transporter...the Bridge Flasher is not even an option in diagnostics...and does not work in gameplay at all...I guess the code was broken after LA1 and likely never revisited from Williams...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/172639

A set of original and bright, fully working displays if interested...

#874 55 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does anyone have access to L1 roms? I'd like to get my flasher involved

To this point, I've reached out to some folks that can make changes to the software - so doubling down to see if anybody has LA1 ROM's laying around - that they've already removed when upgrading to LA3 - as noted - we found the Bridge Flasher light feature code was broken after LA1 - so folks with LA2 (we think) and LA3 (we know) - outside of diagnostics - will not have that flasher work in gameplay - with LA1, it works in diag and gameplay - if we can locate some LA1 ROM's or someone can copy them easily - we believe the code can be fixed to bring the feature back...

Matt

#878 55 days ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I was able to get it to always reset to 3M rather than 500k with some hex editing. But an adjustment to the menu is a lot more complex. Happy to send that edited ROM to anyone who wants it.

frisbez hold on that.... topkat and I found LA1 files! we need to get them to you or slochar to see if you can fix the Bridge Flasher....that coupled with the fixed jackpot - would likely really be the ROMs we need!

Matt

#880 55 days ago
Quoted from frisbez:

That's definitely more a Scott project if he wants it, over my head more than likely.
My game the original ramp the plastic had melted around the bridge flasher and it had been removed. The solenoid test doesn't test it so I didn't know it was a thing until this thread. Anyone have a video to show what it does?

I'll try and take some video...melty plastic is what Scott suspected, however, the other flasher behind the decal is still active - and can do the same melty thing - but it wasn't disabled...so I posit broken code....but it is in the "Coil Test" of L1 and L3 (from what I'm told) - just a couple tests into the initial menu....on mine, it's part of the end of game light show - AND when you get the ball up to the 3rd flipper - it lights!

Matt

#881 55 days ago

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F3gLoZeJSY51ax1HA

So I got 4 vids (be sure to set for at least 720p when viewing...the Bridge Flasher is green in hue on my pin) ....1 vid shows where to trigger it in diagnostics...the other vid shows the end of game light show and 2 of the vids show when the ball is kicked up to the upper flipper....now what's interesting - and probably key is that the bridge flasher does NOT trigger unless the upper flipper is activated - if you simply let the ball roll off to the main playfield - the Bridge Flasher does not go...but if you flip the upper flipper - a second later the bridge flasher lights...

Matt

#883 55 days ago
Quoted from frisbez:

This is L-1 code? On L-3 the bridge flasher is not in the solenoid test.

Weird....my biz partner has what is shown as LU3 ROMs....he doesn't have it in diagnostics...however, topkat says he has L3 (possibly LA3?) and he does have it in the coil test....let's see if he can double check what he actually has...

Yes, I have LA1 code in my pin...

Matt

1 month later
#897 59 minutes ago

Just for a follow up....We've cultivated ROMs LA1, LA3 and the mysterious LU3 (haven't found LA2 anywhere)....that said, LA3 and LU3 deactivated the infamous bridge flasher in gameplay and in LU3 in diagnostics too, whilst LA1 has it fully activated....we were able to swap LU3 for LA1's on a pin and indeed get the bridge flasher working again...so for anyone wondering why it never flashes in gameplay - or simply flashes only in diags - you need to revert to LA1 to get the bridge flasher working again...what's the difference between LU3/LA3 & LA1 gameplay - we haven't figured that out yet...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.