IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #163 Rubber Ring list from bestofpinball.de Posted by gismo31 (6 years ago)

Post #302 Link to Purchase new Reproduction Crossover Ramp. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #343 New Crossover Ramp in trans red, clear, and trans yellow. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #356 Crossover ramp diagram missing from manual. Posted by EdisonArcade (6 years ago)

Post #370 Crossover ramp hardware required. Posted by dozer1 (6 years ago)

Post #376 More ramp diagrams missing from the manual. Posted by provato (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manyquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Hello ALL
Can someone take a pic of their left side kicker under the apron? Mine sticks and it does not look orginal to the game. It also had 2 wire springs on it. I want to order (if possible) the correct one. Here is the one on my game. looks like the wrong coil too.
Mike[quoted image]

Hi Mike,

Here are a few pics of my TTR kickback coil. It appears to be factory as all fasteners are in agreement and the soldering appears untouched. It seems then that the W AE-24-900 coil is what's required.

(By the way, glad I checked mine as the lower wire to the coil has a bared spot just past the solder terminal. This was probably from apron contact friction and I will be repairing before it causes trouble.)

Daniel

TTR kickback coil (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil 3 (resized).jpgTTR kickback coil 3 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have a Transporter project, was going to do a full pf swap, but the projects are lining up. Is the game really enjoyable and one to keep around, or is it just an average system 11?

Transporter The Rescue is an interesting, very enjoyable game, plays well and mine is certainly a keeper. I love my Bad Cats, presently rated #162 but Transporter, rated #187 plays better and in that regard should rate higher than BC.

Plenty of tlc and cool but subtle mods have gone into my TTR and I'm nearly done fixing her up (will post more on that later).

A worthwhile and valuable investment in my opinion.

#682 3 years ago

I felt fortunate to have acquired a TTR this past summer. It was in average condition but everything worked! A really good cleaning and much tlc later has brought it along to above average. I’m still experimenting but mainly what’s left is cabinet and playfield touch up, side art, losing the right apron card and finding one of those chrome Bally backbox logos!

I like checking out the original flyer to see where the initial concept was trying to go. Around the time of production, Bally / Williams were still merging and I can imagine Elvira ATPM was, of course, looking like the hot (signed up) seller…so… a quick end was made of TTR and Atlantis…hence their low production numbers (a guess)!
All in all, a great playing game, great sound track especially with two balls locked and then a real tough challenge to time and maintain three ball multi-ball.

Ok, here's what I've done so far:
- Setting: I paired TTR off with Atlantis (both 1989), for a balanced look to the place.
- Lighted translucent red flipper and start buttons and translucent red plunger. The bonus here is the plunger tip is now lighted by the right flipper button.
- Red translucent accelerator ramp with coordinated red light installed in the circular boss (flyer concept).
- Pinbot drop target decals (another flyer concept and just didn't like the no name black on yellow factory look decals).
- Red led installed under upper left corner plastic.
- Red star posts and leds in the upper half of the playfield and clear posts with white leds in the lower half (with a few teal green thin posts for accent colour).
- Blue leds for the spaceship (still wondering about that, blue oversaturates in the pics)!
- Moved one of the two GI lights under the plastic near the escape hatch and lit the cockpit with blue led.
- Black rubber all around except for competition red posts near the ramp (cheater post was already there) and red upper flipper band.
- A little mylar reinforcement at the inlane outhole ramp cracking.
- A dab of solid singer (sewing machine) lubricant on the spinner shaft (wow she spins)!
- Chrome backbox molding to replace the scuffed/scratched/and at some point nailed in black factory stuff.
- Chrome legs like in the flyer.
- I left the crazy insert decals someone added!?...(for now)...flying rocks, jets at max etc...lol.
- And of course added the doomed sci fi message..."But We Must Communicate With It!"

DSCF7155 (resized).JPGDSCF7155 (resized).JPGDSCF7156 (resized).JPGDSCF7156 (resized).JPGDSCF7163 (resized).JPGDSCF7163 (resized).JPGDSCF7216 (resized).JPGDSCF7216 (resized).JPGTTR Message - But we must... (resized).JPGTTR Message - But we must... (resized).JPGTTR Message - with it. (resized).JPGTTR Message - with it. (resized).JPGTTR chrome legs and molding (resized).JPGTTR chrome legs and molding (resized).JPGTTR full lit cabinet (resized).jpgTTR full lit cabinet (resized).jpgTTR lit lower playfield (resized).jpgTTR lit lower playfield (resized).jpgTTR lit playfield 2 (resized).jpgTTR lit playfield 2 (resized).jpgTTR message - Communicate... (resized).JPGTTR message - Communicate... (resized).JPGTTR red ramp (resized).jpgTTR red ramp (resized).jpgTTR setting (resized).jpgTTR setting (resized).jpg
1 month later
#686 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:All Right I am slowly working on my Transporter when I notice these wires taped up. This is on the right side of the playfield between slingshot and top right flipper. Any help as where they are to go?
Thanks
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Mike,
Here is a pic of my Transporter and you can see that the same two wires are connected and shrink tubed. My game is hack free, all the flippers have been rebuilt and it plays flawlessly with no issues whatsoever, so maybe it's the factory set up. I searched around for the same color combination of wires and the only other place I noticed they exist is to the right flipper coil. I included a pic of that for the sake of completeness.
Daniel

1 - Transporter third flipper coil area (resized).JPG1 - Transporter third flipper coil area (resized).JPG2 - Transporter right flipper coil area (resized).JPG2 - Transporter right flipper coil area (resized).JPG
1 week later
#688 3 years ago

A few pics of recent TTR home mods.

- Blue (Fathom) bumper surrounds under original red caps (ties in and balances the look of the blue led's in the space ship with the blue flasher caps).
- Blue bumper surround cut pieces were placed on the end of the inlane return ramp (giving a kind of art deco look) and on the bottom of the space ship engine intake port.
- Replaced the 1 Million X-celerator sticker with a trimmed and inside mounted, clear star burst insert (gives a cool 'Transporter doorway materializer' sort of look!)

I feel these mods, like the Pinbot drop target decals, are visual improvements in keeping with the original design as presented in the TTR flyer.

0 - TTR (resized).JPG0 - TTR (resized).JPG2 - TTR (resized).JPG2 - TTR (resized).JPG5 - TTR (resized).JPG5 - TTR (resized).JPG7  TTR (resized).JPG7 TTR (resized).JPG8 - TTR (resized).JPG8 - TTR (resized).JPG9 - TTR (resized).JPG9 - TTR (resized).JPG
1 year later
#747 1 year ago
Quoted from gipinball:

No red post there. There’s a small metal “L” shaped piece there.

I can confirm that.

Here's a pic from my game and a few from the TTR manual showing no star post there.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#759 1 year ago
Quoted from packie1:

I did not take a "before" photo and now am wondering if this standoff is supposed to be here or not. it looks too short and dosen't appear to attach to anything above.

Somewhat of a mystery, however, the standoff post does not appear to be factory!

Here are pics showing that area on the TTR flyer and on my machine.

The flyer shows no standoff post, just the nut fastening the plastic. This seems correct as there is nothing above for a standoff to fasten to. It also shows there is no other post above the plastic! My game (and some but not others, as above comments show) has a separate star post closer to the side of the cabinet.

I'll guess and say TTR was a game that saw several abrupt changes made from concept to final production. Elvira and the Party Monsters was being pushed next and low production of TTR (and Atlantis) was anticipating and being sacrificed for that. The Pinbot drop target decals, no star post in certain areas add to these on the fly changes.

[Note: I added the Pinbot drop target decals at a later date to my machine.]

1 TTR (resized).JPG1 TTR (resized).JPG2 TTR (resized).JPG2 TTR (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#770 1 year ago

Another few pics of retrorefurbs TTR art blades. They are made of good quality vinyl, shipping from Europe takes a while though. I really like them and have them on four of my machines (TTR, Bally Atlantis, Bad Cats and BOP). TTR look the best out of the four, (highly recommended). They match perfectly with the playfield back board art and really add to and brighten up the playfield.

12 (resized).JPG12 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG14 (resized).JPG14 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
6 months later
#785 10 months ago
Quoted from packie1:

Could someone provide me with the wire and pin outs for the 3 bank drop target board? I just got a replacement and I want to double check pinouts and wires for both connections.
Also is there a wiring diagram for the playfield?

The TTR manual can be downloaded here and has a lot of schematics etc. that may help.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2630/Bally_1989_Transporter_the_Rescue_English_Manual.pdf

Here are a few pics of my TTR's center and left side drop target boards if that helps.

DSCF8629 (resized).JPGDSCF8629 (resized).JPGDSCF8628 (resized).JPGDSCF8628 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manyquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally?tu=manyquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.