IMG_1559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230922_102602476 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102548767 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230922_102557917 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #163 Rubber Ring list from bestofpinball.de Posted by gismo31 (6 years ago)

Post #302 Link to Purchase new Reproduction Crossover Ramp. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #343 New Crossover Ramp in trans red, clear, and trans yellow. Posted by PPS (6 years ago)

Post #356 Crossover ramp diagram missing from manual. Posted by EdisonArcade (6 years ago)

Post #370 Crossover ramp hardware required. Posted by dozer1 (6 years ago)

Post #376 More ramp diagrams missing from the manual. Posted by provato (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have the same question. Mine also has L1 roms.
For you other guys with later roms, do your “2x playfield” and “3x playfield” inserts light during Multiball?
They don’t seem to actually 2x or 3x too much on my game. The 1m shot is still 1m. (Instead of 2m or 3m). Maybe pop hits score 300 instead of 100. Lol.
rd

Just swapped out what I think were the original roms (labeled LA 1, and SL 1 for sound) with brand new roms from Matt's basement arcade (CPU Rom Set vL-3). Both sets of roms seemed to behave the same with respect to the 2x/3x lights and values. Within 5 seconds of starting multiball, I triggered the 'beam me up bally' and hit the x-cellerator target for only 1M. The 2x/3x did light up but 3x started flashing pretty quick and faded.

Would love to give some feedback to Soren for potential rom upgrades, but I have only had my game for a month or so - still learning it.

#715 2 years ago

One subtle difference observed on vL-3 roms - when you collect the x-cellerator jackpot, a male voice says "transport, transport!"

4 months later
#722 2 years ago

Just dropping in to say how awesome the Transporter jackpot is. It's just challenging enough so you aren't going to get it every game, and totally satisfying when you do get it. The sound and light show is pretty stellar.

Only complaint is the scoring. When the score resets, 500k for that jackpot is just offensive. It should start at 2m or so minimum seeing that the transporter jackpot is 1m.

I'd claim the game will never leave my house but let's not jinx it.

1 month later
#724 2 years ago
Quoted from PachoHerrera:

Fellow Transporter owners - I need some help dialing in my game (which I recently put back together after having boards serviced and doing a topside teardown).
Everything is working 100% but when 2 balls are locked in the Orion, and I make a ramp shot with Ball 3, the third ball just sits on top of the already-locked ball in the Orion in position 1. It seems like maybe the ball is hopping the microswitch at the top of the ramp which would, presumably, tell the game to re-arrange the balls. The microswitch at the top of the ramp checks out in switch test mode.
Has anyone run into this? Sorry if it's already been covered in this thread...

After replacing ramps my game was doing this. Try glass off testing it. I ended up using a new switch cause the factory actuator was a little short.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from PachoHerrera:

This is a random request, but could somebody post a picture of the knocker on their Transporter? Mine is MIA.

Mine was missing too. Pretty sure i got this assembly from marco (Knocker assembly kit Williams/Bally)

20220408_214558 (resized).jpg20220408_214558 (resized).jpg
#729 2 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Back in this club! This time for the long haul.
[quoted image]

Well hows the condition?

2 weeks later
#734 1 year ago

Yellow flipper button with a leaf switch here

20220424_151553 (resized).jpg20220424_151553 (resized).jpg
#737 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Excellent!
Question, does the yellow flipper button/start button have a spring inside
the housing, does it not have a spring inside the housing?

If there was a spring its failed. No spring action here.

Looks just like the flipper buttons but those do have some spring

16508286948966737865799702983359 (resized).jpg16508286948966737865799702983359 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#748 1 year ago
Quoted from gipinball:

No red post there. There’s a small metal “L” shaped piece there.
[quoted image]

Same here - mine has the L bracket. Could only guess why the red post was added.

1 week later
#750 1 year ago

So my transporter decided to change up its music today. It's always playing the wrong music or no music at all. Nothing changed except for that I keep removing the glass to test mods but not leaving it powered up for long. Is this something common to sys 11? Did I fry a sound board or a rom?

3 months later
#761 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

So my transporter decided to change up its music today. It's always playing the wrong music or no music at all. Nothing changed except for that I keep removing the glass to test mods but not leaving it powered up for long. Is this something common to sys 11? Did I fry a sound board or a rom?

Just following up in case this is helpful for anyone. I ended up getting my original MPU board repaired by the Coin-Op cauldron, and all is well now. Something on my rottendog board was the culprit for the wrong sounds being played.

On the rottendog board I replaced roms and the logic chips, nothing helped. I don't know what else could be wrong with the board. I did reach out to whoever owns rottendog's email address now - he gave me a few tips but in the end wasn't really helpful. My last email to them was a request for repairs, but received no response. Given this, I would caution buying anything from them unless you're a gambler.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Par for the course when it comes to RD boards - I tend to stay clear...for some - no issues - for others, nothing but....

Does anyone repair rottendogs?

6 months later
#790 10 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Mine either makes it or doesn’t. What I mean is, if it makes the entrance it’s going to go all the way through. Otherwise it just bricks off one of the sides. I don’t think I’ve ever had it go almost to the top and roll back down. I would check your steepness and side to side leveling. What coil do you have for the flippers?
Also, there should be a one way gate at the entrance to the ramp to prevent a SDTM or side shot. Does yours have this?

Mine has flipper hop which makes it even more of a pain. Haven't been able to work the hop out.

#794 10 months ago

I'm probably the last one to notice this..

I was staring at my playfield art today and noticed the artist put his initials in the monsters forehead.

#796 9 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does anyone know when the bridge flasher goes off in the game? It’s flasher 2c and mine works in test mode but I’ve never seen I. The game [quoted image]

Tried with glass on, nothing I did made it fire. You would think it would fire every time you hit the ball pop-up and shoot over the bridge.

7 months later
#876 55 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

To this point, I've reached out to some folks that can make changes to the software - so doubling down to see if anybody has LA1 ROM's laying around - that they've already removed when upgrading to LA3 - as noted - we found the Bridge Flasher light feature code was broken after LA1 - so folks with LA2 (we think) and LA3 (we know) - outside of diagnostics - will not have that flasher work in gameplay - with LA1, it works in diag and gameplay - if we can locate some LA1 ROM's or someone can copy them easily - we believe the code can be fixed to bring the feature back...
Matt

I'd really like to see the default jackpot value as a setting so it doesn't reset.

1 month later
#887 18 days ago
Quoted from packie1:

Hello All:
Quick question for the group.
I went to lights test and tested each lamp as a single. I am seeing that some lights match the name and others not only light up the correct lamp but will light 2 or 3 other lights. I am going to assume that I have a wire crossed somewhere that is causing this to happen. Am I correct that single light is A single lamp and not a combo of lights.
Thanks
Mike

Check the lamp matrix from the manual. Grab from ipdb if needed. Is the feature lamp lighting other lamps on the horizontal column? If yes, in my experience, that's a blown transistor on the board.

#890 17 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Could it be a failed diode on one of the lamps? I had a bad diode on a bk2k lamp, and it caused multiple lights to come on at once?
/
/

I think that would cause it to light lamps vertically on the matrix if I am thinking correctly. One direction is protected by diodes, the other by transistors. I'm also not a board expert but have seen this in multiple games that I sent the boards to coin op cauldron, and the prob was solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorgar007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transporter-the-rescue-club-beam-me-up-bally?tu=gorgar007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.